sql reporting services crystal reports

My computer has vs 2008

wish to use sql 2005 standard

vista

I wish to use sql reporting services , crystal reports, web services, ecommerce, wcf, soa, enterprise development

in net, etc What is the best web hosts? I contacted orcsweb, discount asp.net. I wish to use

a shared host.....What are my options.... enterprise development for commercial development maybe sharepoint

Can I configure sql standard on my computer? I do not wish to use default settings

what is the best way to do this?

0
billsm
4/21/2008 9:48:44 PM
asp.net.hosting-open-forum 4216 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hello,

Maybe in your case is much better to get a VPS hosting solution.

Regards

Windows Hosting ASP.NET | Top ASP.NET Hosts | Dedicated Windows Hosting
0
HostingASPNet
4/22/2008 11:47:16 AM

billsm:
I wish to use sql reporting services , crystal reports, web services, ecommerce, wcf, soa, enterprise development...

Do you even know what these are?

billsm:
Can I configure sql standard on my computer? I do not wish to use default settings

Do you know what the default settings are?  Or why you don't want to use them?  Did you look at the requirements for SQL Server 2005 Standard?  I know they're hard to find, two clicks on the Microsoft web site is an awul lot of work.

billsm:
what is the best way to do this?

Best?  Clustered SQL back end servers with NLB web servers in front on DS3 lines to separate backbones, in two or more hardened data centers geographically dispersed to avoid single disaster loss of service.

Or you might want to use Visual Studio to learn with before even considering anythiong more than a simple hosting account with ASP.NET and SQL 2005.

Jeff

Jeff

jeff
4/22/2008 12:34:11 PM

jeff@zina.com:

billsm:
[...]

Smile

Windows Hosting ASP.NET | Top ASP.NET Hosts | Dedicated Windows Hosting
0
HostingASPNet
4/22/2008 3:26:32 PM

I do know the requirements of sql server standard on vista!!!!!!

0
billsm
4/22/2008 6:53:47 PM

I strongly suggest you use the SQL Server Reports on a shared host.

Version 9 and Windows Server 2008 are available at http://DiscountASP.NET and boy are they sharp.
  Salute,
    Mark

0
wisecarver
4/23/2008 12:03:40 AM

wisecarver:

I strongly suggest you use the SQL Server Reports on a shared host.

Version 9 and Windows Server 2008 are available at http://DiscountASP.NET and boy are they sharp.
  Salute,
    Mark

I second Mark on this.

-Kilko
Recommended Hosts: Softsys Hosting & DiscountASP
0
kilko
4/23/2008 12:57:27 PM

jeff@zina.com:
Best?  Clustered SQL back end servers with NLB web servers in front on DS3 lines to separate backbones, in two or more hardened data centers geographically dispersed to avoid single disaster loss of service.

Jeff,

You've forgotten something. I see a single point of failure in your scheme - the user's head. He needs to have at least 2 heads (both equipped with brain!) And still the body is a single point in this case.

A fan of C#, chess, Collectible Card Games, skating and DotNetPark web hosting :)
0
Enroth
4/23/2008 2:53:51 PM

billsm:
I do know the requirements of sql server standard on vista!!!!!!

Then why did you ask if you can run it on your system?

Hosting is the way to go, unless all of this is for you to learn the hosting process.  Then you have a steep learning curve but at least the goal is to climb that curve.

Jeff

jeff
4/23/2008 5:36:19 PM

jeff, I was just trying to figure some items out in my own mind I do apologize if I came on too strong!!!

0
billsm

how to make printable reports without Crystal reports and SQL Reporting service
Hi guys I need printable reports in a web app , these reports must be colorful and well  formatted  ( header and footer ,lines around the page&…)  the problem is because of the hosting situation unfortunately  I cannot use neither of Crystal reports  and SQL Reporting service  also  we cannot use extra components  -that costs money for us- like PDF Creators .  I've thought of two possible solutions. 1st   I can do that in an HTML format   2nd  it is possible to  produce Images .  Creating Image is extreme...

crystal reports or sql reporting services?
Hi, Need to make a decision about which of these to go for. I'm looking to develop a web-based reporting solution which replaces a networked Access Database which displays stacked bar charts and line graphs and tabulated data. All the data will be coming from SQL Server 2000 databases on our intranet. I've got 2 yrs asp.net and sql server but no experience in either CR or SQL RS. Has anyone got experience in both of these technologies to help me out with the best way forward. All responses appreciated. Cheers. Both will do pretty much the same thing--get ...

Crystal Reports vs SQL Reporting Services
Hi all! May I ask which is better to use: Crystal Reports or SQL Reporting Services? Thanks to all. What are your reporting needs?  This will likely dictate one solution over another moreso than anybody's personal recommendations. My personal experience with Crystal (9.x and below) is that you'll be struggling for a while to get reporting that even works (especially web-based reporting).  Reporting Services, on the other hand, has always just worked for me.  But, there are certainly limitations with both products. So, my personal preferences are in the following order.&nbs...

Need help in crystal report or sql reporting services....
Hello guys, i have a problem in reporting services can any one help me or suggest me how i can solve this problem.. here is problem... i have 1 databse name as DDP and i need to generate some reports from it. in report there must be some graphs ( which depend on data calculation ) and also information in tabular format like gridview.. i tried to use crystal report and sql reporting services..  and this is a web application so i am using ASP.NET control.. after showing this graphs and information i need to export all stuff in to excel sheet.. i am able to export only grid information...

Crystal Reports vs Sql Server Reporting Services.
I have some reporting requirements. Please advise whether I should go for Crystal Reports or Sql Server Reprting Services.Please click "Mark As Answer" if this hepled in solving your problem. Onr thing I would like to add. The reports are to be incorporated in web pages only or can be viewed by the business people standalone, but no support for desktop based product is required.Please click "Mark As Answer" if this hepled in solving your problem. Check this link. its good, but its better, if u tell ur requirements briefly. so that we can suggest u http://www.crystalr...

use crystal report or reporting service in SQL 2005?
I used Crystal report .NET for a couple of years but do not really like it. Now, reporting service is available in SQL 2005. Someone can give me suggestion: use crystal report or reporting service in SQL 2005? Or use another product from third party?...

Crystal Report vs SQL Server Reporting Services
Hello,Can any one suggest which is best Crystal Report or SQL Server reporting services,  in compare of performance, developing and licensing cost.Can we use any of these reporting on shared hosting.If we want to go for SSRS then which edition of SQL Server we should purchase.Thanks,Deepesh Verma Dont forget to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers....

Bind crystal reports / sql reports to ADO.NET
Hi,  I'm a beginner trying to find out if it's possible to directly connect an sql report/crystal report to an ADO.NET data set?   It all depends on what version of Visual studio you are using. Here are the steps for VS2005 In VS2005 you need to do the following: 1) Right click on your solution and select add, New Item. 2) Add a dataset and create your queries in the dataset. Make sure you save this dataset or it will not show up later. 3) Add your reportviewer 4) Right click on your solution and select add new Item Again and then add a crystal report 5) In the cr...

Crystal reports to Reporting Services
Crystal reports to Reporting Services Is there any way I can convert Crystal reports to Reporting Services instead of creating reports again in Reporting Services?   HI,  JIM.H. You can check out this great article. Hope it helps Converting Crystal to Reporting Services http://blogs.msdn.com/gsnowman/archive/2005/10/12/480305.aspx If i misunderstand you about your question, please feel free to correct me and i will try to help you with more information. I hope the above information will be helpful. If you have any issues or concerns, please let me know. It's my p...

Reporting services, Crystal reports ?
Hi, I'm very new in using VS.  How can I export report ?  I find it has Report, Crystal Reports controls in Toolboxs.  If it's possible, please explain the procedures as detail as possible. Thanks a lot ! stephen     I reference some online tutorial about how to use Crystal Report in VS 2005.  Follow the instruction up to connect database using "OLD DB SQL Server" and logon the server.  It prompted me Server name, User ID, Password and Database.  I typed "localhost" for Server name (suggested by tutorial).  Does User ID ...

.NET 2.0 Reporting Module using SQL Server Reporting Services
Hello Everyone,I have created a generic module using ASP.NET 2.0, MS SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services. This module is intended to provide a generic user interface for selecting and generating reports. You can configure its respective table for your fixed or flexible parameters for each report. It also supports end user access level security for each report and report group which is generally required for any basic reporting module.You can view reports in two different styles:-- Drop down--Tree View And You can view your report in 3 supported formats.  This is an in...

Web resources about - sql reporting services crystal reports - asp.net.hosting-open-forum

Reporting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Contract Analyst Programmer (Reporting/.Net) 151223/AP/266

Banks playing key role in reporting transactions with suspected terrorism links, Austrac says
Australia's financial intelligence agency Austrac is monitoring the financial DNA of those Australians likely to transfer money to fund Islamic ...

United Nations Correspondents Association Recognizes Outstanding International Reporting
As is the case each year, the list of winners honored this month by the United Nations Correspondents Association (UNCA) is impressive. Benedict ...

How Apple might avoid reporting a decline in iPhone sales
The crucial number in Apple's next quarterly earnings call, for Q1 in fiscal year 2016, is 74,468,000. That is the number of iPhone unit sales ...

Reporting Mischaracterizes Clayton Homes’ Treatment of Customers and Employees
Clayton Homes offers homes and financing to all Americans regardless of their race, socioeconomic status, or background.

New technology offers on-field head injury reporting
Experts hope system will help get student athletes the speedy treatment they need after head injuries such as concussions

Ford changes pension reporting
Ford said it will restate its financial results since 2011 and show a $1.5 billion rise in 2015 pretax profit as it changes its pension reporting. ...

Germany’s Largest Broadcaster Apologizes For Not Reporting Sexual Assault Attacks
Germany’s Largest Broadcaster Apologizes For Not Reporting Sexual Assault Attacks

New York Times tries and fails to fix its own botched San Bernardino reporting
The New York Times has corrected its massively botched story on the San Bernardino terrorists . Kinda sorta. The story by past reporting-botchers ...