Secure FTP

How do I set up secure FTP access for IIS?
dene schonknecht

microsoft * communications sector * uk

0
dene
7/16/2004 10:03:01 PM
asp.net.hosting-open-forum 4216 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I did a quick search of the threads and found one about FTP security here:

http://asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=573964

Basically in IIS 6 you can use the “User Isolation Mode” functionality to do exactly what you are talking about.

To create a new FTP site that isolates users with Active Directory

1.In IIS Manager,. expand the server node WEB01, expand FTP Sites, right-click Default FTP Site, and then select Stop.

2.Right-click the FTP Sites folder, point to New, and then click FTP Site

3.Provide the required information in the FTP Site Description and IP Address and Port Settings dialog boxes, and then click Next.

4.In the FTP user Isolation dialog box, click Isolate users using Active Directory, and then click Next.

5.Complete the remaining steps of the wizard.

6.Right-click the new FTP site you created, and click Properties.

7.Click the Security Accounts tab. If the Allow anonymous connections box is selected, in the user name and Password boxes, enter a user name and password to use to authenticate anonymous users. This user should not be a local computer user, but rather a domain user with appropriate home directory configuration in the Active Directory object.

8.Type a default logon domain name. This domain name is given to users who do not specify their user domain when they log on. In other words, a user connecting with the user name domain1\user1 is authenticated against domain1, while a user connecting as user2 is authenticated against the default logon domain. If a default domain is not set, and a user does not specify a domain name, access is denied for all but anonymous users.
Technical Account Manager
Microsoft Communication Sector North America
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Script samples are subject to the terms at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm"
0
jjstreic
7/16/2004 10:03:18 PM
How do I do this if I dont have AD?
dene schonknecht

microsoft * communications sector * uk

0
dene
7/16/2004 10:05:23 PM
Yes, you can use local accounts for this as well.  There is lots of great info about doing this in the shared web hosting guide which is here:

http://www.microsoft.com/serviceproviders/microsoftsolutions/sharedhostingguide.asp

Technical Account Manager
Microsoft Communication Sector North America
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Script samples are subject to the terms at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm"
0
jjstreic

Rebex Secure FTP (FTP over TLS/SSL) for .NET Compact Framework released
Rebex Secure FTP now supports .NET Compact Framework   Rebex Secure FTP component has been extended to support .NET Compact Framework 1.0 and 2.0. Now you can secure your PocketPC/Windows CE file transfers using TLS/SSL. No more plaintext passwords sent over the internet. The Secure FTP for .NET Compact Framework includes .NET Compact Framework version of Rebex Secure Sockect library (TLS/SSL network socket client library) and Rebex Security (implementation of many security related .NET classes that are missing from some or all versions of .NET and .NET Compact Framewor...

Open Source .Net Forums?
Hi,I plan to replace my current forum, phpBB, with a dot net alternative. I seem to only find either, really expensive ones or really basic ones.If anyone knows of any please share.Thankyou Hi,these forums are also made available by Telligent with a Community license. Check it out here.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. Hello,Check this free forum  YetAnotherForum.NETregardsASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest)...

Open Source .NET Forum
 i want to ask, is there dot.net have open source forum engine like PHPBB?easier to develope, customize and have a large community thx  Hi,Check YetAnotherForum HTHRegards ASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest) Here's a link to a few that might be helpful. http://csharp-source.net/open-source/forum-software  My Bloghttp://Lspence.blogspot.com(Please MARK this post as ANSWERED, if you find it helpful) chk the link>>> http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=451474 Have a great Day!-----------------------------------------------------...

VB.NET
All, This is probably a much harder question than what should go in the "Getting Started" forum, but I am new and don't know where to put it. Anyways, I am currently developing an FTP class in VB.NET. It's kid tested, mother approved when trying to access an FTP Server on a Windows box meaning I can connect, run commands, upload and download a file no problem. My issues come when I try to use the same class with the same commands to access an FTP server on a UNIX box. I can connect and login just fine, but after that all my commands come back "500 'PWD': command not understood.". This is fo...

opening SSL, security, (authorize.net)
Did enyone have to create a script to process credit cards using the AIM method through the AuthorizeNet gateway? I'm a little bit lost. There are few things I must do and never done before: [e.g. open a SSL connection between my hosting server and their gateway and then post the data (credit card number, name, etc..) using a script.] I used HTML forms to post data but never a script. Also, what about the safety concern of the following scenario: 1. My site displays a form to gather credit card info 2. Then posts to my script 3. My script sends that data and the transaction ...

Australia hosts key security forum
Two problems stymie efforts to secure the electronic world: the risks to the internet are not fully understood and regulation is often at odds with other sovereignties. Next week Australia will take a decisive step towards changing that by hosting a high-level forum of international representatives from the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development, the European Union, US industry and Australian government and business. One speaker, the president of the Sweden-based Institute for Knowledge Economy and Enterprise Development, Dr Thomas Andersson, considers the meeting as u...

Secure FTP using .NET with C#
Is there a way to have a user click on a button on a web page and have the server use secure FTP to FTP a report or other file to a predetermined location. Basically like this: 1)User clicks "Generate Report" 2).NET generates report and saves to a file on web server 3).NET uses secure FTP to send the report to a designated location. I have steps 1 and 2 done. Basically the user should not know that an FTP transfer is in progress - all they know is that they clicked generate report and tha the correct people will be getting the report. Thanks...

Net::SSH and Net::FTP?
------_=_NextPart_001_01C3B7DF.20E3F54A Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I would like to use SSH to login to a remote system, then using FTP, upload a file from the remote machine to another machine which will display the data. If I can automate this process, I think I'll be in great shape, tell me does this code seem like it would work for this? >use Net::SSH::Perl;=20 >my $ssh =3D Net::SSH::Perl->new($host); #Logging into the remote = machine >$ssh->login;=20 >my($READ, $WRITE) =3D $ssh-&...

Net:FTP, Net::Cmd
I'm using Net::FTp and Net::Cmd modules in a script to completely automate some FTPing stuff. snippet $ftp->put($fileh,"/tmp/test.txt") || die "cant put the file\n"; $ftp->command("chmod","755","test.txt") || die "Cant run quot\n"; $ftp->quit(); I have no luck making the $ftp->command stuff to work. I'm using solaris 5.8 ftp client. Anyway, I can make this work? Native Solaris ftp client/server can not support "quot site" stuff. Am I out of luck?? Please dont offer suggestions to use &...

Secure FTP file held open issue
There have been numerous posts over the first half of this year regarding SSL FTP services having issues with many clients. The problems range from a file being held open after transmitting, the server disconnecting after transmitting, or files transmitting 100% but never storing on the server. I have tried the following clients: SmartFTP v1.0 Build 981 Filezilla v2.2.7b WS_FTP Pro v8.02 and v9 Secure FTP 2 v2.0.12 The only client that seems to work is Secure FTP 2. But, we have other people trying to connect to us with other clients and do not want to switch. We are fully p...

Forums Forums Forums
Is there any way to hide the Forums navigation which uses the SolpartMenuDI in the Forums sub-Component? I have the following two issues: i) I am not sure whether it is compatible with some browsers. ii) I have the word Forums appearing in too many places (Page name, module title, to the right of the SolPartMenu and in the columns heading for the Forums).Jonathan Palmer ...

FTP Ports open, but no FTP
Hi I have a win 2000 server set up as a web server with several IP adresses (6 total). I am running FTP service on two of these, but when I port scan, all of the IP's have port 21 open. Is this normal? My other services like SMTP and WEB only shows up on the IP's they are supposed to. If I try to connect with my FTP client on one of the IP's that is not set up to run FTP it just says: "Socket connected. Waiting for welcome message." and then after a while I get a timeout. Is it normal or are some nasty Trojan listening and waiting for the right commands to...

unable to open .NET configuration/security without SQLServerExpress installed.
Must I have SQLServerExpress2005 installed in order to use the login security features? I'm currently using SQLServer 2000 for my datastore needs. If I must use '.Express', what are the issues with having in running alongside SS2000 on the same Windows2003 box? Thanks -Larry Hello,to run the Membership under Sql Server 2000 you need to execute the tool aspnet_regsql.exe. Take a look in this link. It might help you.Good Luck.VB .Net Coder - Apologize my C# nescienceBest Regards....

Open internet explorer from .NET applet without additional security settings
Hi, I have an ActiveX object written in .NET 2.0 that is hosted in an ASP.NET page. Since we want to have the processing power of the local machine, we have choosen for an ActiveX object. Now we need to be able to open a new internet explorer window to display results. It is possible to do this via the process.start but this requires permissions. Is there a way to open an internet explorer window from inside the .NET ActiveX object. I was thinking about sending some JavaScript code to the host but I don't know whether this is possible from inside an ActiveX object. I know, it seems a st...

HTML 'Hack' Could Use Browsers To Open Net Security Hole!!!
http://www.securitynewsportal.com/article.php?sid=1579&mode=thread&order=0 -- Regard: Joh@nnes� 1216771 Ont.Inc. "Nothing is more damaging to a new truth than an old error" i don't see how this attack could be used against any machine that has an "allowed hosts" list for processing of CGI scripts. wouldn't the Perl (or whatever else) interpreter see that the code was being submitted from a referrer that is different than its host domain? (this crack would actually involve sending custom HTTP data, not just writing some special HTML code) - D...

Web resources about - Secure FTP - asp.net.hosting-open-forum

Secure Digital - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Secure Digital or ( SD ) is a non-volatile memory card format for use in portable devices, such as mobile phones , digital cameras , GPS navigation ...

Facebook To Users: ‘Add Your Phone Number To Help Secure Your Account’
Some Facebook users are seeing alerts above the Graph Search bars on their News Feeds , prompting them to “Add your phone number to help secure ...

Apple releases second OS X 10.11.4 beta with Live Photos in Messages, secure Notes, more
... of this El Capitan beta added new features including Live Photo viewing and sharing through iMessage using the Messages app as well as secure ...

Modified GST plan will secure health, education
This modified proposal can place a secure foundation under our health and education systems, while boosting national productivity.

Opera Max now faster and more secure
... a much more sophisticated method of proxying data for browsers and apps. This means that Opera Max just got much faster and much more secure. The ...

Bittium Tough Mobile is ready to take on Blackphone for the most secure phone crown
... vying for attention: the Bittium Tough Mobile. At Mobile World Congress 2016 in Barcelona next month, Bittium will show off not only its secure ...

RUBIO CAMPAIGN ADMITS: Uhm, Yeah, Marco's "Gang of Eight" Amnesty Bill Really Didn't Secure the Border ...
... spokesman, Alex Conant, admitted that the 2013 Gang of Eight bill, which Rubio co-authored and ushered through the Senate, did not secure the ...

Canadian Solar Secures $70 Million Investment In Vietnam Production Facility
Canadian Solar has announced that it has secured investments worth $70 million to support the development of a module production facility in ...

Secure your Notes with password protection in iOS 9.3
iOS 9.3 has a new feature that allows you to protect your sensitive Notes with a password or with Touch ID. It’s a great way to keep stuff like ...

Trump Secures Critical ‘Rent Is Too Damn High’ Endorsement
Trump Secures Critical ‘Rent Is Too Damn High’ Endorsement