How to host a domain name

 Hi,

I would like to know what are the various steps in hosting a domain? Once the domain is hosted, what happens next? When I referred to some web hosting sites, I could see something like transferring domains, registering domains etc..What is all these about?

 Can someone please help me out in figuring out as to what are the detailed procedures in hosting a domain. I would also like to develop a software which automates the process of buying a domain from an account, checks the hit for that domain for 2 days, and cancel the domain from the software if does not exceed the desired number of hit. For the same, I would like to get the interface to start with and also the determination of Hit for a domain?

I hope someone will be able to help me out in doing this.

Thanking all in advance.

0
vijaycv_dt
8/24/2007 3:48:59 PM
asp.net.hosting-open-forum 4216 articles. 0 followers. Follow

 Hi

I don't know much about this topic, but for testing i have used the free dns available at www.dyndns.com! which allows you to host sites on your own servers for testing etc.

Maybe you can go take a look at their site, they may also answer some of your questions on their site.

WWW.DYNDNS.COM

Bye

I.W Coetzer
0
ian

Thanks for your response. Although I visited the site referred by you, I was not able to find any solutions for my problem. So I would be greatful if you could help me out in solving this.

I hope someone will be able to help me out in solving this who have done this.

Thanking all in advance.

0
vijaycv_dt
8/30/2007 9:59:34 AM

I think if you are looking for a good support company for a budget price, Give the following company a try

etrix.ie/services/website-hosting.php

 That's the company URL :

http://www.etrix.ie/services/website-hosting.php

 Hope this will help you like me.

Regards,

Leeza.

leeza
9/14/2007 5:27:19 AM

I think you require steps for hosting a domain.

  1. Purchase a domain name from registrars like godaddy.com
  2. Purchase a hosting space
  3. Modify nameservers of the domain as per the directions of the hosting provider and wait for 24 hours.
  4. Upload your files using the password given by the provider. You can upload files using FTP IP so that your site will be visible after DNS resolution.
  5. Most of the provider provide control panels such as HELM, DotNetPanel, Plesk for managing your hosting account. You can create/update FTP account, e-mails etc from that interface.

Community Server Quickly - http://www.packtpub.com/community-server/book

Anand Narayanaswamy
Microsoft MVP
Author: Community Server Quickly