Creating a Tab Control using IE Controls,not getting it in correct form

Hi folks,

               I have a problem in creating a Tab Control using IE Controls.I am really not sure whats going wrong?????
I have included Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll  as a reference for the same and also in teh bin directory of my application
               In short I have downloaded the IE controls and have included the sources for the same in webctrl_client/1_0 in my project.

               The issue being before I run the code and see the tab control in the Design mode it looks fine,the moment I run it it shows only the text value as assigned to it .Even if I change the orientation to horizontal or vertical it remains always horizontal.

               Please do let me know what can be the solution for the same.

               My Html code for the same looks as follows

<%@ Register TagPrefix="IECONTROLS" Namespace="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls" Assembly="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls" %>

<%@ import namespace="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls"%>

<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="Webform5.aspx.vb" Inherits="WebApplication6.Webform5"%>

<HTML>
 <HEAD>
  <title>Webform5</title>
http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5" name="vs_targetSchema">
  <LINK href="Styles.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet">
 </HEAD>

   <IECONTROLS:TABSTRIP id="myTabStrip" runat="server" Orientation="Horizontal" TabDefaultStyle="background-color:#000000;font-family:verdana;font-weight:bold;font-size:8pt;color:#33cc66;width:79;height:21;text-align:center"
    TabHoverStyle="background-color:#6633ff" TabSelectedStyle="background-color:#ffffff;color:#ff0099">
    <IECONTROLS:Tab Text="Tab 1"></IECONTROLS:Tab>
    <IECONTROLS:TabSeparator></IECONTROLS:TabSeparator>
    <IECONTROLS:Tab Text="Tab 2"></IECONTROLS:Tab>
    <IECONTROLS:TabSeparator DefaultStyle="height:100%;"></IECONTROLS:TabSeparator>
   </IECONTROLS:TABSTRIP>
  </form>
</HTML>

Tons of Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!
regards,
juhi
0
juhi_27705
7/27/2005 11:59:33 AM
asp.net.hosting-open-forum 4216 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Raise event from IE hosted windows user control and catch it in the Web Form that’s hosting the control
Hi. I have a web app that uses a IE hosted windows user control. I would like that, somehow, lounch an external event from that hosted control that I could catch in my web form’s code behind. If possible, please send a small sample project (bozesan_mihai82@yahoo.com). I would appreciate any suggestions! Thanks in advance! Hello, I am not sure of the *IE hosted windows user control*, but check this post to see if this helps you or not: Define a Custom Event inside UserControls HTH RegardsBilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP...

using a .Net Control as activex control in VCL form
Hi , We have a to integrate a simple .Dot CSharp control which needs to be integrated into bcb2010 VCL form as a control. We will place the control on the VCL form along with other VCL controls's. I tried creating a simple .net control using a lable+textbox and trying to use in vcl form. I have made the assembly comvisible and generated tlb files and .bpl for the component. I could see the component in "ActiveX" tool palette. But when I drag the object onto VCL form and try to access its attributes I run into problems. I am not able to see .net control on the vcl at runti...

can panel control be used to create tab like effect/control?
is there a way to create a tab like control using multiple panel controls? Take a look at the AJAX control tool kit tab controlhttp://www.asp.net/AJAX/AjaxControlToolkit/Samples/Tabs/Tabs.aspx Jeev~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If you get the answer to your question, please mark it as the answer....

What control do I use (or do I not use a control at all...)
Okay so here's the story so far. I am making a blog to be incorporated into a website. Well, I'm doing the blog from scratch. I'm using MySQL to source all the data via MySQL .NET/Connector. Now while developing the script, I used DataReader and Response.Write to show the blog topics. Now that it has come to put it under a design (I'm using a Master Page for that), I've hit the problem. Response.Write shows all the topics before any of the design elements could be incorporated. So that (more or less) is out of question. So next I looked into the data presentation controls. I looked up GridVi...

User Control controls not created when dynamically creating user control
  Have created a user control for displaying and editing a dynamically number of values. The user control contains two labels and an edit box. When dynamically loading the user control I get an error when the control itself tries to change setting on the fields within the user control.   Why doesnt this work? It works okay if I dont load it dynamically but create a user-control-instance in the aspx-page but thats no solution.   Thankyou!     Here is my code:   ucDataValue.ascx   <%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true&...

Web form controls don't position correctly using non-IE browser
Hi, Web form controls (Labels, textbox etc) don't position correctly when browsed with non-IE browsers.  They are fine with IE.  Is there a way to fix this problem?  Thanks in advance. Tom    ...

when loading a previously created record on to form, some controls are missing values(controls are depended on values selected in other controls)
Hello - I have created a page for Editing records.  this page will open up a chosen record and allow user to edit the data.On the form, I have 3 drop down lists.   The second dropdown list should fill values depending on value chosen in first dropdown list.  The third dropdown list should show/fill values depending on value chosen in second dropdown list.So taking this into count, i have several records with various data.  When I open-up/load a record in Edit form, only the first dropdown list has a value selected that was the pre-existing va...

Issue with getting values from child controls in a gridview, to use for the update using a SQLDataSource control
Hi all, I have a gridview bound with a SQLDataSource. I am using the Update feature of the SQLDataSource to update a SQL Server database with values entered into the gridview. However I am not getting it to work. I believe this is due to the controls that contain the user entries are not the gridview itself, but rather child controls within the gridview. I have been using the names of the actual controls but nothing happens. Upon submit, the screen returns blank, and the database is not updated. Here is some code:   <asp:GridView ID="GridEditSettlement" runat="server" AutoGenerate...

Accessing controls in a tab control using javascript
 Hi ,Im my project im using tab control.I wat to access the controls inside the content template using javascript.How is this done?Anyone please help.Thanks n regardsPrathibha  prathibhaa:Im my project im using tab control.I wat to access the controls inside the content template using javascript. You need to know the client id of the control you want to access. You can get the client id of the control using the ClientID property.Then in javascript you do thisdocument.getElementById(<id of control>) to get reference to the control    i tried it.I have a tex...

How i create a Ajax tab control as a user control
  hi,how i create a Ajax tab control as a user control. In my project im using tab controls. Somtimes tab control has 7 or 8 tabs. So all codes inside single aspx.cs page. some times page load event has lot of methods. So i want to use different aspx.cs page for tabs. Can you explain how can i do it.Thanks  Just create a new user control and put your user interface with Ajax and the code behind in the newly created user control.Just move your TAB UI and code behind logic to the user control. http://acroitoriu.spaces.live.com"No complexity beyond what is necessary"...

Getting control type from dynamically created controls?
I am using a DB table to drive the dynamic creation of a form. I maintain a list of all the form Ids in the viewstate so that I can use the call to FindControl to pick them out. However, I have not figured out a way to differentiate between the different types of form controls programatically (ie dropDownList, TextBox, RadioButtonList, etc), since there is not an explicit type indicator in the Control class telling you which type of control it is. Anyone know a way to get the control type from a generic Control class? I suppose I could extend the Control class to contain a type indicator...

BUG: Image Controls in UpdateProgess Control: Can not use FindControl() methods to get Image
There is a single UpdateProgress control on the page. as such: <ajax:UpdateProgress  ID="UpdateProgress1" runat="server"   DisplayAfter="100" >         <ProgressTemplate>                <div style="border:2px solid #0099FF; background-color:#EFEFEF; padding:10px; width:200px; height:20px;">               Updating Panel            </div&...

Issue using control created in VS.net 2003 in VS.net 2002
I have a friend that has an issue using my asp.net C# custom control in Visual Studio.net 2002 that I have compiled under Visual Studio.net 2003. I never did test it with that version, but I was under the impression that it should still work as long as you don't use any features specific to the 1.1 framework (which I really don't think I did). My guess now is that this is correct, but only when using 2002 controls in 2003. I have searched the web, these forums, and MSDN for the last 30 minutes with no real answer. The guy that runs MetaBuilders (http://www.metabuilders.com/Faq.aspx) tell...

How can I use TabStrip and MultiPage controls to create a TabControl which is used in windows forms?
How can I use TabStrip and MultiPage controls to create a TabControl which is used in windows forms?Thank You all...

Web resources about - Creating a Tab Control using IE Controls,not getting it in correct form - asp.net.hosting-open-forum

Jonathan Gruber ADMITTED That Obama Lied…They Knew It Would Not Control Costs!
Jonathan Gruber ADMITTED That Obama Lied…They Knew It Would Not Control Costs!

What Matters Most When It Comes To Tax Policy? Hint: It's Not Control Of Congress.
... shift in Congress. With Republicans controlling both houses, does that mean tax reform is on the way? Here's why, historically, it's not control ...

Asa Hutchinson: Gun Control Not Part of ‘Ultimate Solution’ to Gun Violence
... Newtown, Conn. shooting that left 20 children and six adults dead — told me this morning on “This Week” that gun control efforts would not be ...

Eliot Spitzer: Prostitution Industry Is Exploitive But I Could Not Control My Urges
... 2008 over a prostitution scandal but now plans to run for city comptroller, says the sex industry is exploitive but he simply could not control ...

Nest Protect is back on sale for $99, gesture control not included
... for $129, the Nest Protect was removed from store shelves on April 3rd as it was found that a feature that allowed users to silence notifications ...

Durbin: Gun Control Not 'an Issue of the Constitution...'
... it’s an issue of conscience, an issue of conscience.” Props to Durbin for his honesty, since I believe he means what he says. The gun control ...

Focus on Grace, Not Control
Parents who are attracted to religion because it gives them a sense of control can sometimes act too authoritatively toward their children. By ...

The Fed Does Not Control the Money Supply
The Fed Does Not Control the Money Supply

EUGENE VOLOKH: Relative RIsks of Rape by Age, and Is Rape “About Control … Not About Sex”?”Se…
EUGENE VOLOKH: Relative RIsks of Rape by Age, and Is Rape “About Control … Not About Sex”? “Sexual attacks on women are pretty strongly correlated ...