I have created a web control in vb.net that has an image button and an image. when it loads the image button is visible and the image is not.

I want to be able from the page which "includes" the web control to set the image button to invisible and the image to visible.
When I tried this, the main page didn't recognise the image button or the image (both < asp: objects).
help would be gratefully appreciated.
oh yeah, it's inline code so any code behind stuff will just confuse me ;)
0
knee_boarder
8/12/2004 3:26:39 PM
asp.net.hosting-open-forum 4216 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Some code please.
-- Justin Lovell
0
master4eva

Web control in web control

How can I control load sequence of web controls in a web page?
Hi, How can I control load sequence of web controls in a web page? Thanks. For the most part, the load sequence on a web page is not relevant since all controls must be present before the page can be used. Could you provide more information as to what you're trying to do?Christopher Reed"The oxen are slow, but the earth is patient." Hi, As far as I know, we have no luck to control the load order of the Web controls on a page. However, if we need to load some controls under given conditions, we can achieve this by adding them dynamically instead.Forwa...

Use Web Control In a Web Control
Is this possible?I am working with an aspx page that consists of many different web controls.One of the web controls contains search criteria.  One of the criteria is a date range where I am trying to add a popup calendar --> which is another web controlCan I register the popupcaledar control on the questionaire control?  I have tried, but nothing seems to be registered.Any ideas will GREATLY help.Relax and have some Home Brew!Prosecute the Owner - Don't PERSECUTE the Breed!Breed Specific Legislation targets the WRONG end of the LEASH! Without seeing your code we can'...

web controls and web user control

Single page with multiple user web controls VS Multiple page with specific user web controls
I have a question regarding single page with multiple user web controls vs multiple page with specific user web controls   Option 1: I am of the opinion to have multiple pages with specific user web controls and use an object to store all the information as the user navigates through the application. And finally at the end, read this object and save all the information to the backend database.   Option 2: My respected team member suggests that we have only one page, with all the specific user web controls and not use an object, instead show/hide the user web controls based ...

Reusing custom web control in the same web control
Hello, I'm newbie in web development and of course asp.net. I am actually trying to build my first page and I'd like to know if it is possible to make a custom webcontrol that will contain itself. Let's say I want to draw a folder hierarchy in treeview-like structure. I thought I could make a control that will display a folder and if this folder contains subfolders then for each the control will include itself. Is this even possible? What would you suggest me to do to? Thanks in advance. TomTom Hagen http://thagen.dteam.info If the control can have child controls, then I s...

Web User Control to Web User Control...

Mobile Web Controls vs. Web Controls
I am using VS2003 and I have realized that Mobile Web Controls are very basic and simple. So I saw in a post the way to use Web Controls inside Mobile Web Forms. Since then, I often use Web Controls instead of Mobile Web Controls. I put the Web Control inside a Mobile DeviceSpecific and put this DeviceSpecific inside a Mobile Panel. Why the Mobile Controls are so simple?  Does it happen the same in VS2005 or 2008? And, is it right to use only Web Controls inside Mobile Web Forms? Thanks. xesteban:Why the Mobile Controls are so simple?   They are simple because they suppor...

How do I set the visibility property on a control in a user control from the host web page?
I have a user control with a few web controls like text boxes.  I want to show or hide one of the text boxes on the user control based on a variable posted to the page hosting the user control.  There may be multiple instances of the user control but they will all behave the same.  In the code behind, how do i set the text box on the user control to visible = "false" or visible = "true"?  Please provide an example as well as an explanation.Thanks! Set it from the web form by using a public property exposed on the user control. See An Extensive E...

change layout of web controls in web user control
Hi I have create a user control with 3 asp:textbox in it. I would like to reuse the same 3 textboxes in 2 seperate web pages. In one case I want them to appear in  a row (as search parameters) and in the other I want them to appear in a column(to add a new object)..  Can I do change layouts using CSS or something? Hi,    Here is a solution to your question for your reference. Create a web user control as the following <%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="DynamicalUserControl.ascx.cs" Inherits="DynamicalUserControl" %><asp:Panel ID="...

Web Custom Control within a Web Custom Control
I was wondering if this can be done and how. I've created a simple custom control that displays a header which is my first custom control. So I'm just a baby when it comes to this.. Within the header I currently have a property for breadcrumbs which is a string. What I would like to do is have the breadcrumb property  be a Link Button List. I did find a custom control of a Link Button List which is exactly what I wanted. My question is how can/do  I include this into my custom control? Can it done? How? Please help? I'm at a lose here.   Susan You should be able to do ...

Web resources about - controlling an object in a web control from the page the web control is placed in - asp.net.hosting-open-forum

Talk:Controlling for a variable - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of the WikiProject Statistics , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of statistics on Wikipedia. If ...

Controlling What You Share on Timeline - Facebook
Facebook and Privacy hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Controlling What You Share on Timeline geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier lesen. ...

VidReverse-Reverse Video by controlling video speed and by adding your own music to video easily on the ...
Get VidReverse-Reverse Video by controlling video speed and by adding your own music to video easily on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

Controlling a Computer with Eyes - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Some folks know I work with assistive technology, and this shot is one from many I took in the last few days at a conference in Phoenix. This ...

4 year old little girl feeding and controlling 6 pitbulls - YouTube
As you see this video check out this other video of 2 kids playing with 3 huge pitbulls they just met in a pet store : https://www.youtube.c ...

Controlling the minds of cockroaches using Microsoft's Xbox Kinect
Late last year, you were introduced to real, live, remote-controlled cockroaches. Well, the insect hackers at the North Carolina State University ...

CONTROLLING CHAOS: Twitter's Wild Ride From Doodle To IPO
CONTROLLING CHAOS: Twitter's Wild Ride From Doodle To IPO Business Insider Australia “We apologise if the following profile lacks our usual ...

View from the Street: Power to the people controlling the power!
Your news of the day, reduced to a snarky rant.

Dying to be clean: The new technique for controlling feral cats
Cleanliness may be next to godliness unless you're a feral cat, in which case, cleanliness may get you a place next to god. In kitty heaven, ...

Man accused of 'controlling', beating wife faces ACT court
A man who allegedly controlled his wife’s life by beating her, taking her wages, checking her phone, stopping her from driving and indecently ...