Newbe Need help getting started

 Is there a write up somwhere that will give me a step-by-step guide for hosted exchange?

I have a clean new Server with windows Server 2003 64bit

Do I just start the Exchange install? or do I do something first?

Sorry to be so lame

Thanks in advanced

Mike

0
mpippin
12/14/2007 5:14:30 PM
asp.net.hosted-exchange 1262 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Microsoft has a step-by-step guide called Hosted Messaging and Collaboration

http://www.microsoft.com/serviceproviders/solutions/hostedmessaging.mspx

Dustin H., MCSA, MCTS
Enterhost Support Team
www.enterhost.com
0
Enterhost

Just need some help getting started and not sure where to go for help!
Hello All, My company is interested in hosting Exchange 2003, i have read this list and figured out I need to use some combo of MPS, MOM DCAM, MOM DB, EXCH Back-end, EXCH Front-End, and a couple of AD servers however I am not even sure where to start. We are a MS Parnter and have an SPLA license but we were sent the "Hosted Exchange" media and all it was is EXCH Standard Edition. Is there some documentation somewhere that tells me how to setup the environment and all that is required? I am good at Exchange AD, MOM, SQL, all that in an Enterprise Environment but I have no clue...

help help help with getting started
I have a simple page with this code: <%@ Page Language="vb" Debug="true" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data.SQLClient" %> <script runat="server"> sub Page_load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) if not ispostback then 'create connection Dim Conn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection 'create data adapter Dim dataAdapter As SqlDataAdapter = New SqlDataAdapter 'create dataset Dim dataview...

Do i need to develop on the exchange server(to get exchange data) using visual studio .net???
Hopefully someone can answer this, i can't find the answer anywhere. I am creating an asp.net application where i want to get info from the exchange store using CDOEX and ADO....right now, i am working on my computer which has Windows 2000 prof. with Visual Studio .NET., so far i am not able to get any info from exchange store. Do i need to be running the exchange server on the same machine where i am running Visual Studio .net?????? Anyways(more info), i tried downloading the Exchange 2000 SDK, but in order to install it I need to be running an exchange server on my machine. So i en...

need help getting started!
I hope I"m allowed to post this here, as it is somewhat related to ASP.NET. I'm new to programming, and people said that I should learn C# before trying to attempt ASP.NET, and so I've started reading Learning C#by Jesse Liberty. And I'm following his instructions and he says to go to the command prompt and enter csc helloworld.cs. But when I do that, it says, 'csc' is not recognized as an internal or external command, etc. Can someone please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? Thanks! CSC will be in <drive>:\<Winnt or windows>\Microsoft.NET\Framework\<ve...

Need help getting started
Hi there,=20 I'm trying to get started contributing to Firefox OS. I have a few question= s I was hoping you can help me with. I'm thinking about fixing bugs on the clock app. It looks like a useful app= that is in need of some TLC, while being not too complex. Does it make sen= se? Would you rather recommend starting somewhere else? Should I be working on master or another branch (i.e.. v2.1)? Creating my profile with make worked. I can run it in the emulator (WebIDE)= but some unit and integration tests are failing on master. I would really = prefer to start with a...

Need Help Getting Started
I am trying to create my first WebPart using Visual Studio.Net 2008 and C#. This will be used in an ASP.Net web application and I don't have any plans for use in SharePoint at this time. I haven't found any code samples so I started by creating a new User Control (.ascx). The first thing I found was that there doesn't seem to be any project templates for WebParts, is that true? I attempted to go two routes, first to use WebPart as the base class and the second to use System.Web.UI.UserControl, IWebPart as the base class + Interface. I found problems using this both ways. W...

Need help getting started
Hello. I'm trying to learn C#. I own two web sites but neither supports ASP.Net. I need an area to test my C# pages. Is there a program I can download to do so? Alex Hello Alex_dude,   Have a look at Visual Web Developper for ASP.NET 2.0 and Webmatrix for ASP.NET 1.1 Webmatrix comes withhis own webserver. For Visual Webdevelopper you need IIS (I think, never checked it out). I suggest you using Visual Webdeveloper as it is free and has the same look and feel as Visual Studio .NET   Good luck and have fun   Leketje   Leketje wrote:For Visual Webdeve...

Need help getting started
Ok, I'm quite new with AJAX and it seems cool...  I'm running ASP.NET 2.0 and I believe I have ASP.NET AJAX - I say believe because I went to apply the "convert" instructions and the mods already seem to be in place... If I underatand correctly, AJAX allows us to put display type controls inside UpdatePanels and then have them update with new information based on receiving events from user input type controls - like buttons.  I have several UpdatePanels with AsyncPostBackTriggers referencing other controls like buttons. Is the implecation here that we no longe...

Need help getting this started...
I am knew to asp.net and have no coding experience to speak of.  I am trying to work with the community starter kit and have no success in getting started.  Are there any SIMPLE instructions for novices that explain how to setup and use this kit?Any help would be greatly appreciated!RM Hello,I am also relatively new. But I just went through a lot of this, so maybe I can help a bit. First of all, it took me 3 different downloads to find a kit that installed all the way through without error. I suggest that you do NOT choose the JS versions (J-sharp). Although it installed oka...

Needs help on getting starting...
Hello , I am new to developing with ASP. I have to develop an order tracking intranet application.The application will be to track request for proposal that will pass thru 5 stages before we come up with a bid. I will be using SQL Server database. and windows 2003 server. I there any example that I can use or any that you would recommend that I look at? Thanks Khurshid Check out the ASP.NET Starter Kits....

Help Needed Getting Started
I'm new to .NET Web Development and have downloaded and installed Visual Web Developer Studio 2008 Express. I followed the simple steps in "Create Your First Web Site" on the Start Page. However, I get the following error: Server Error in '/WebSite2' Application. Unable to cast object of type 'System.ServiceModel.Configuration.ServiceHostingEnvironmentSection' to type 'System.ServiceModel.Configuration.ServiceHostingEnvironmentSection'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review t...

Need Help Getting Started....
http://worldpedigrees.com/Beagles.htm thats a site i'm looking to create my site after.... I'm wanting a database thats easy to use and everything... look it over and give me some ideas... jack Uh? Come again? I'm sorry but you'll have to provide a little more detail of what "ideas" you're looking for here."I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -unknown...

Need Help getting Started
Aloha, I had no problem loading up the Portal VS and recevied this message when trying to view the page: Server Application Unavailable The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request. Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur. Here are the error messages: ...

Getting Started Help Needed
Hi, I'm having some troubles with getting sysbase going for me. I'm not a DBA and need some help. When I try to connect I get an error message that either SYBASE is not running (which it is), or I have a port specified incorrectly. I'm using the default of 5002. Any ideas out there on what I'm doing wrong. Thanks Default is usually 5000, how many installs of Sybase do you have. <Doug_Collins> wrote in message news:C9D15F13B172434B004B972C85256CD3.004B977485256CD3@webforums... > Hi, > I'm having some troubles with getting sysbase going fo...

Web resources about - Newbe Need help getting started - asp.net.hosted-exchange

Calm Urged After Ohio Grand Jury Doesn't Indict Officers
Ohio officials urge calm after grand jury's refusal to indict officers in black boy's killing

David Duke, Former Neo-Nazi, Ku Klux Klan Leader Says Donald Trump Speaks ‘Radically’
“I think there is massive racism against European Americans in America,” the founder of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, as reported by the Anti-Defamation ...

‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ With Stellar Monday Box Office
Disney’s Star Wars : The Force Awakens is continuing on its phenomenal trajectory as audiences on Monday just added another estimated $31.5M ...

Samsung Pay Will Launch Online Payments In the U.S.
Samsung Pay plans a major expansion in the United States next year. Users will be able to make purchases on websites with Samsung Pay, which ...

San Francisco's Housing Shortage Threatens African Americans
Space-strapped San Francisco mines historic African American neighborhood for housing, retail

Man Killed After Blowing Up A Condom Machine
It’s unclear whether it’s just Darwinism at work or a drunken prank gone wrong, but a German man died on Christmas Day while trying to blow up ...

China to 'wait and see' if Japan sincere on 'comfort women' issue
China's Foreign Ministry said on Tuesday it would "wait and see" how sincere Japan was after South Korea and Japan reached a landmark agreement ...

Meadowlark Lemon, beloved Harlem Globetrotters showman, dead at 83
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Meadowlark Lemon, the "clown prince" of basketball's barnstorming Harlem Globetrotters, whose blend of hook shots and humor ...

Two arrested in Belgium over suspected New Year's Eve attack plot
Mirror.co.uk Two arrested in Belgium over suspected New Year's Eve attack plot Reuters BRUSSELS Two people were arrested in Belgium on Sunday ...

Lemmy, Motörhead frontman
Telegraph.co.uk Lemmy, Motörhead frontman - obituary Telegraph.co.uk Lemmy, who has died aged 70, was the founder and, for some 40 years, ...