how to configure Microsoft Exchange server as Mail server for Sharepoint

Hi,

I have want to configure Windows Sharepoint Services 2.0 for sending mails.

I have microsoft Exchange server Email account and i want to configure it to send mails for alerting and all.

so can anybody tell me how to configure Exchange server and where to configure.

0
jaykuma
3/29/2007 12:45:36 PM
asp.net.hosted-exchange 1262 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I'm sure that Sharepoint has a setting for the name of your SMTP server (your Exchange server name) somewhere.  So it you know your Exchange server is sending & receiving email correctly then you should just need to check that setting.  You might also need to supply the username and password of the Exchange mailbox user.

deejbee
0
deejbee
3/31/2007 7:15:09 AM

The following site should contain all the info you require:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/wss/2/all/adminguide/en-us/stse04.mspx?mfr=true

Steve

0
Steve

sending mail to a microsoft exchange server
Hi,I am looking for a tutorial to send a mail to microsoft exchange server using one of its mail account.For example I have build an inventory application and exhange server admin has created a new account for my inventory application ( example : inventory_notification@myexhangeserver.com). For some reason, my inventory application must send some notification mail to certain people (usually my warehouse boss).Sample e-mail :from : inventory_notification@myexchangeserver.comto : warehouse_bozz@myexhangeserver.comsubject : confirmationmessage : There are some change in stock balance.if invento...

Sending E-Mail from a server with Windows Server 2003 and Exchange
What's the proper way to do this? I can't seem to find any simple answer to this...anybody got one? ;)Erik PorterChannel 9 Dev Team...

mail in rainbow using microsoft exchange server
is it possible to integrate mail in rainbow with microsoft exchange server basically i'm intending to provide a outlook like interface?...

SQL Server and Exchange Server
 Hi,I am trying to send emails from SQL server, Here i am using Exchange server and I dont have the SMTP,while configuring the Profile with the SQL server i am facing problem as i have read some where that this SQL server's Database Mail  is SMTP based Mailling Service, can anybody please elaborate that if i have Exchange Server how do i configure my Database Mail. So if it is possible to Configure like wise. Please let me know and do throw some light over it. Thanks in Advance Parth ThanksParthvisit for some interesting articals at www.parthrawal.blogspot.comMark as ...

What is the minimum number of servers needed to configure hosted exchange
Hi ,  This is a very quick question. Our company is focused on providing a hosted exchange sevice to single users and small business users with PDA's.   What i would like to know, is how many servers would be required to host a minimal sized hosted exchange setup. eg. DNS, AD etc.   Cheers Lathan Server 1 Front-end Exchange server Web Hosting External Domain Name System (DNS) Provisioning Web Server   Server 2 Active Directory® directory services domain controller   CA (certificate Server) Server 3 Back-end Exchange serve...

Do i need to develop on the exchange server(to get exchange data) using visual studio .net???
Hopefully someone can answer this, i can't find the answer anywhere. I am creating an asp.net application where i want to get info from the exchange store using CDOEX and ADO....right now, i am working on my computer which has Windows 2000 prof. with Visual Studio .NET., so far i am not able to get any info from exchange store. Do i need to be running the exchange server on the same machine where i am running Visual Studio .net?????? Anyways(more info), i tried downloading the Exchange 2000 SDK, but in order to install it I need to be running an exchange server on my machine. So i en...

After configuring the SMTP server for sending mails ,How to authenticate against the mail server?
  Hi,After configuring the SMTP server ,How to authenticate against the mail server for sending mails?Swati                                             http://www.systemnetmail.com/faq/4.2.aspxhttp://www.systemwebmail.com/faq/3.8.aspxAlso, in .NET 2.0 you can store the SMTP credentials and server info in web.config.Ryan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThtt...

microsoft exchange server
Name: urmom Email: mypenisaturmomsvaginadotasdf Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: microsoft exchange server Comments: things dont display properly in the ms exchange webmail ui when viewed using firefox Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Microsoft Exchange Server
Name: Nowhere Email: sdfdotasdfathotmaildotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Microsoft Exchange Server Comments: Dear Developer! Thunderbird would be the best Mail-Tool it give. But you don´t get it that it works correctly with a MS Exchange-Server. It doesn´t synchronice correctly. And this stupid error-masseges. Try it again, friends. I never thought that I say that any time but, Microsoft Outlook is, right now, better than Thunderbird! Sorry. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5....

Microsoft Exchange Server
Does Thunderbird natively support it? On 2007-02-18 17:52 (-0700 UTC), James Landrum wrote: > Does Thunderbird natively support it? Define 'support'. /b. /P.S./: The short answer is: 'The various features offered by Exchange are only fully supported by Outlook.' -- People are stupid. /A/ person may be smart, but /people/ are stupid. --Stephen M. Graham James Landrum wrote: > Does Thunderbird natively support it? Think of it this way, does a Ford car support a Chevrolet service cent...

synchronize exchange server with sql server
On outlook, we can save contacts in public folder ONLY to text file. I really want is that a tool which can synchronize the contacts in public folder with a contacts table in sql server. So that when the contacts updated by outlook, the sql server table contacts also got updated. And the contacts in the sql once updated by other web pages, or applications, the outlook can also get the latest. Is there an existing tool there for these job? Thanks Without writing a custom solution or batch job, you should look into Microsoft Identity Integration Server (MIIS), which is designed to do ...

System.NET.Mail cannot communicate to relay server through my .net server relay config
Environment: My PC – I’m testing the code from ServerA in debug mode using VS 2005 ServerA – my .Net Code server in which the code I’m testing resides and is running .NET version 2.0.50727 ServerB – An exchange server on our network   Problem & Info: I get this error no matter if I specify the exchange servername or my .net servername.  I want to use ServerB as the relay server in my System.NET.Mail but when I try that or try just using ServerA’s plain SMTP.  I've used the exchange server fine in other applications from other servers for my code so not sure why it'...

I need help in creating Mail User Contact in Exchange Server 2007 through VB.NET from Local Machine.
I am using vb.net and I am trying to "add mail user" or add a "mail contact" with existing user in AD which I need to add an external email address. My goal is to add said user to an address book list programmatically. If you can help or anyone can help for that matter it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! We have it set up so a an address book list called "store" which grabs all mail contacts with external email addresses and we need this done programatically. Here is an example of what it says the shell command would look like. Exchange ...

[:'(] system.net.mail with Exchange Server
Dear all,  I have been fighing this since this morning, somebody please help!! Here's my code, I get emailMessage.DeliveryNotificationOptions = 0 it goes to Catch block but all of the exceptions has this error ex.InnerException.InnerException' is not declared or the module containing it is not loaded in the debugging session. We are using Exchange Server 2003 SP2. 1 Dim emailMessage As MailMessage = New MailMessage() 2 Dim arRecipients() As String 3 Dim i As Integer 4 5 emailMessage.From = New MailAddress("email@domain.com") 6 ...

Web resources about - how to configure Microsoft Exchange server as Mail server for Sharepoint - asp.net.hosted-exchange

Home - SharePoint Buzz
Turn on more accessible mode Turn off more accessible mode Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content To navigate through the Ribbon, use standard ...

Sharepoint Outlook Email Solution - EmailFiler
Tired of uploading emails to SharePoint one by one? EmailFiler is a SharePoint email solution that lets you drag emails to SharePoint from within ...

SharePoint Magazine
Your Premier Source for SharePoint Information

Microsoft SharePoint Workspace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2010 (14.0.4761.1000) / June 15, 2010 ; 3 years ago ( 2010-06-15 ) where different organizations do not share a common security infrastructure ...

SharePoint - Collaboration Software for the Enterprise
SharePoint collaboration software helps simplify business intelligence, content management, search, and sharing for intranet and internet sites. ...

App Store - SharePlus: SharePoint Mobile Client
Get SharePlus: SharePoint Mobile Client on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

What is SharePoint? - lynda.com overview - YouTube
This web development overview explores what SharePoint is and how it works. Watch more at http://www.lynda.com/SharePoint-2010-tutorials/ess ...

International Airlines Group deploys Office 365 - IAG, lync, Sharepoint, Yammer, chief information officer ...
The International Airlines Group (IAG) has deployed Microsoft Office 365 as its business communication solution to enable anytime, anywhere collaboration ...

Six Reasons to Empower Your SharePoint Citizen Developers - CIO
Information Technology strategy insight for senior IT management - resources to understand and leverage information technology.

SharePoint-Yammer integration promising, but a long-term plan - applications, Microsoft, Yammer, software ...
CIOs and IT managers tracking the progress of the SharePoint-Yammer integration got more details about the road map this week, but the updates ...