Error adding new user as admin user of hosted domain

Hope someone can help,

I get this error whenever I try to login as an admin user of a hosted domain and try to create a new user.

Error: Failed to get the registry value specified. Machine:'.', Rootkey:'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE', Subkey:'SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Provisioning\CustomerPlansDb', Item:'Customer Database'./Access is denied./GetRegValue

Security on the registry key in the eror message on MPSSQL server shows MPFServiceAccounts having Read permissionas and MPFAdmins having Full Control.

Thanks in Advance.

0
ktan67
2/3/2006 5:58:38 AM
asp.net.hosted-exchange 1262 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On your MPS server, run Provisioning Manager and look in the Managed Helpers namespace. I've seen this error before when the GetPlanDBConnString_ procedure is not set to execute as your MPSPrivAcct-XXXXX account.

If you find it isn't set, also check the other two procedures in that namespace that also need to execute as the MPSPrivAcct (which are ExecPlanSQL_ and TryGUIDToLDAP_).

Thanks,

Dave Brannan,

Implement.com

Dave Brannan,
Implement.com
0
dbrannan
2/3/2006 10:34:10 AM

I should have specified that we're using Consolidated HMC 3.5.  And domain admins can change user passwords and add users with no difficulties.

I'm not sure how to find the Managed Helpers namespace, it doesn't show up in the Provisioning Deployment Tool, or if it is applicable in the HMC 3.5 environment.

0
ktan67

Its still applicable to HMC 3.5.  On the MPS server, you don't want to look at the Deployment Tool but the Provisioning Manager (Start - All Programs - Microsoft Provisioning Server - Provisioning Manager).  Click on Managed Helpers in the left hand pane, and then check the GetPlanDBConnString_  It sounds like it is isn't set to execute as your Priv account.

Thanks,

Dave Brannan,

Implement.com

Dave Brannan,
Implement.com
0
dbrannan
2/4/2006 6:11:12 PM

Hello,

Actually all three helpers are set to run as the MPSPrivAcct-XXXXX.  Any other ideas?

Thanks for the help, BTW.

Ken

0
ktan67
2/4/2006 10:09:23 PM

There is a procedure in the Managed Helpers namespace that reads this key and needs a particular security configuration. Normally this should be set by installation. I recommend the following:

  1. Launch the deployment tool as a member of domain admins on your MPS server.
  2. Expand the Hosting Platform node
  3. Expand the Initialize Default Services node
  4. Right-click the Initialize Namespace Security item and choose Execute -> Initialize Namespace Security
  5. Click Start Deployment button
  6. Vlad Mott

    implement.com

Thanks for replying, I re-ran the Initialize Namespace Security and rebooted the servers (DC's, Exchange and MPS.  I then created a new organization with a new admin user - same problem - I've even waited an hour and tried again - same problem.

Funny thing is, the other user I was having the problem with previously can now change passwords and add users.  Perhaps the server reboots 'fixed' something.  I will reboot the servers again and see if the new user can make admin changes in the MPS control panel as well.

0
ktan67
2/10/2006 8:34:16 AM

Actually re-initializing the namespace security seems to have solved the problem - I was using the change password functionality of the MPS control panel to test whether or not it worked but was running into the domain password policy minimum password age = 1 day - which kept me from changing the admin users own password.

Thanks for the help!

0
ktan67

DNN 3.0.10 BUG: Adding User doesn't give error if user already exists and adding from Host
Steps to Recreate: 1) Log in as Host 2) Go to Admin > User Accounts 3) Create a new user 4) Go to Host > Super User Accounts 5) Try to create a user with the same username as in step 3. It doesn't give you an error. -Tony ValentiPowerDNN Hosting is the bestEliminate DNN Startup Lag Tony ~ This only works if you entered the same password as well as userid. It is by design. In this way, you could "promote" an existing user to SuperUser if you know their password. We are assuming that if you correctly enter username/password then you are referring to t...

How can I make the settings ,user(which comes in top we login as host in dotnet nuke) unavailable to all user except host and admin
Hi all,    Please help in following issue. Currently I am working in dotnet nuke. We developed an application. We made different user. Different user can access different pages. My prob is that I made user for eg : repeat  by login as host and I added him in the list  of subscriber (took from manage user role).   Then from the setting added a page to this user. There I found edit and view check box. Then I  login as repeat user. If I am checking only view check box, the top panel of dotnet nuke like user setting etc is not come into view (...

How-to make an Admin OR Host function available to a non admin/host user!
Sorry if this question has been addressed before but I can’t find the topic in the forum! How-to make an Admin OR Host function available to a non admin/host user? Example, I want a certain user-role have the possible to view the statistics form the admin menu, and I don’t want to open all admin or host functions. But I don’t know how to do it. Any ideas? ...

No Admin or Host menu after host user login
I have DotNetNuke 3.0.10, fresh install on WinXPsp1 and Win2k3 Enterprise (2 PCs), .NET Framework 1.1, MSDE2ksp3. When I access the portal through http://localhost/DotNetNuke/ and login as host, everything is OK. When I access the portal through http://ServerName/DotNetNuke/ and login as host, I do not see any Admin or Host menu. It is just as I had not logged in. Both adresses are also portal aliases. I have noticed that Rainbow portal has the same problem. How can I solve it? Without it, I cannot publish my portal to my web space provider, because I would not be able to a...

scalar error when adding a new user or updating an user
Bugzilla 3.0.2 MySql 5.0.45 ActivePerl 5.8.7.815 Windows server 2003 with IIS New build, when I add a user or update a user I get the following error at the top of the browser. Any help would be greatly appreciated [Wed Jan 9 10:24:20 2008] editusers.cgi: Attempt to free unreferenced scalar: SV 0x25c0c50, Perl interpreter: 0x21459c at Bugzilla/Token.pm line 305. [Wed Jan 9 10:24:20 2008] editusers.cgi: Attempt to free unreferenced scalar: SV 0x2588f50, Perl interpreter: 0x21459c at W: \Bugzilla\editusers.cgi line 213. [Wed Jan 9 10:24:20 2008] editusers.cgi: Attempt to free unre...

Unable to generat user instance error on my host for my website in hosting environment.
 Hi friends my website runs fine on my local computer and i have also tested in my LAN over 200 computers but what i do is to give additional permissions to the root folder under the default IIS account. But when i host my site on a hosting provider it shows the following error. Generating user instances in SQL Server is disabled. Use sp_configure 'user instances enabled' to generate user instances.My actual connection string was this   1 <connectionStrings> 2 <add name="ASPNETDBConnectionString" connectionString="Data Sourc...

admin host login problem, new user register problem
Let me preface by saying I'm brand new to this and barely know what I'm doing. I did a manual install on Godaddy of DNN and after a few minor problems, it appeared to work alright. Just when I was getting ready to set up the modules I wanted, I was no longer able to login as admin or host. I've read a bunch of posts and tried this, that and other things that were mentioned. One message said to login as a new user and change the IsSuperUser to True. I'm unable to accomplish this because on the registration screen there is no country list (a separate file?) to chose a country from. I'm also un...

Automating adding AD domain users to local power users
Hi, I am trying to automate the imaging and setup of desktops using Zen4. I would like any domain user to be able to loging to the PC (Windows 2000). How do I automate the process of adding the AD\domain users to be members of the local power users group. Thanks Craig NET LOCALGROUP "Power Users" MYDOMAIN\USERS /ADD Or at least something very very close to this. I have this command as a Force Run - Run Once command for all my PCs. ( Actually just 1 step of many in this force run app, but the point is the same. ) csasse@melb.fh.com.au wrote: > Hi, ...

Error Creating a Business User Using Hosted Exchange Namespace
Hi, We are using the RTM version of Hosted Exchange 2003 .While deploying Hosted exchange 2003 (Ref Volume 7:Deploying Hosted Exchange 2003 of doucementation) it fails when we try to create a Business User under a business organization it fails.I have attached the request submitted through provtest and the response. Please help us solve this issue. <request xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <procedure xmlns:xsl='http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform'> <execute namespace="Hosted Exchange" procedure="CreateBusinessUse...

Migrate Host Exchange White Label User to New Infrastructure
We are an application service provider offering Host Exchange Service through White label an infrastructure owner service.  This is a minor value added service to our core application service business we provide to our customers.   The infrastructure owner has recently announced that they will be acquired by our main competitor.  Since we don’t want to leave our customer’s information be controlled by our competitor, we need to migration our existing Host Exchange customers to a new Host Exchange service provider. Is there a way to mig...

How to deploy a normal user to admin user with MySql (ClubSite kit with MySql) hosted into my ISP 7host.com
I have a problem, how can I deploy a normal user to admin user on my ISP? Usually I use Visual Web Developer 2005 to change permission by Web Administration tools but I haven't this tool on my ISP  This older thread seems to have been bumped up by a very unhelpful reply. The question is perfectly valid, whether using MySQL or SQL Server. You won't be able to use the Web Administration tool against your remote site if your web host (like many) restricts this kind of remote access. So you'll need another method to deploy a normal user to admin user. Funct...

Exchange user and POP only user
Is it possible to have a customer that uses Exchange for a few users and POP email for other users without an Exchange license hit for the POP users? I have a potential customer that would be interested in hosting their email but only needs/wants the expense of a few Exchange users. I know that Exchange can work like that if there is an external email server with Exchange using a POP connector, but is the provisioning system able to handle something like that? Thanks for your help. Jamie Jensen...

error with GW automatically adding a second domain (user@domain.com@domain.com)
I have a VIP who keeps having this problem. When he sends to certain addresses the GW system automatically adds in a second domain. When you look at the addresses in the address book they are completely correct. When you send an email, however, it bounces with the following: The message that you sent was undeliverable to the following: user@domain.com@domain.com (554 5.7.1 <user@domain.com@domain.com>: Relay access denied) The only way to "fix" the address is to completely delete and recreate it, but that is very temp as during one of the system maintenance...

Questions about Moving Users from a Local Exchange to a Hosted Exchange
I have an agency that is running their own local Exchange server and Outlook clients. I want to start hosting their Exchange server in our ASP environment, but I have a few questions. 1. Will they be able to send their user data to be imported into the hosted Exchange server? 2. Will they be able to send their shared data (shared folders, etc) to be imported into the hosted Exchange server? 3. Will they be able to access the hosted Exchange server from their local Outlook so that they can continue to sync their Palm Pilots? Does their desktop OS (Windows 98, 2000, XP) and Outlo...

Web resources about - Error adding new user as admin user of hosted domain - asp.net.hosted-exchange

Adding machine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An adding machine was a class of mechanical calculator , usually specialized for bookkeeping calculations. In the United States, the earliest ...

Is Facebook Adding Results From Five-Star Ratings System To Pages?
Facebook appears to be testing the inclusion of results of its five-star ratings system directly under the names of the pages and above their ...

FACEBOOK KEEPS ADDING FRIENDS THAT I NEVER REQUESTED O BE FRIENDS. SOME OF THE PEOPLE THEY ARE REQUESTING ...

Adding Support for Incoming App Links on iOS
Learn how to implement support for receiving incoming App Links for iOS.

Facebook Adding App Bookmark Reordering to the Home Page Soon
Since the new Facebook home page launched a few weeks ago - making a few application bookmarks more prominent on the home page - one of the usability ...

CSS3 : What is the best method for adding 2x images to webpages that will be displayed on the new iPad ...
Answer (1 of 14): WebKit deals in logical pixels and a device pixel ratio to render stuff. It knows nothing about the physical pixels of the ...

VidReverse-Reverse Video by controlling video speed and by adding your own music to video easily on the ...
Get VidReverse-Reverse Video by controlling video speed and by adding your own music to video easily on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

Adding weight - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Army Spc. David Helton, Company A, 2nd Battalion, 87th Infantry Regiment, puts more weight on the barbell at Combat Outpost Apache in Wardak ...

Obama says adding $4 trillion to debt is unpatriotic. - YouTube
On July 3, 2008 the day before Independence Day Barack Obama said that adding $4 trillion in debt was irresponsible and "unpatriotic. Obama: ...

Adding new airs and graces
Airports have finally recognised that they need some new tricks to keep their passengers satisfied.