Deploying HMC 3.5 Deployment step help needed.

Hello, I am looking to deploy HMC for hosted exchange. This is our first experience with HMC / Microsoft Provisioning. My company has an SPLA agreement, and the Installation media.

I have read through the deployment instructions several times, but I'm still not sure how to deploy it in our enviroment.

We are running a non-clustered, Front end - Back end enviroment of exchange 2003 enterprise edition with SP2.

I currenly one have: 1 front end "which is a DC", 1 back end "not a DC", and a seperate 2003 standard server running MSSQL 2000 enterprise with SP4.

I am not sure which parts should be installed where.

If anyone could help with the steps that I will should to follow, and what pieces should go on which server please let me know.

0
Ryan423
2/1/2006 8:11:40 PM
asp.net.hosted-exchange 1262 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You should consider using the Consolidated HMC 3.5 platform

1 - adc, 1 - mps/sql, 1 - fe, 1- be and fairly simple to expand on

Jim..

0
Jim
2/2/2006 3:33:19 AM

To add on Jim's recommendations, the consolidated servers deployement guide provide you the step by step deployement information for a reduced set of users (and thus servers) from which you'll be able to scale out later on.

The documentation is available as an add-on to the HMC v 3.5.

See : http://www.microsoft.com/serviceproviders/solutions/hostedmessaging.mspx (on the right pane)

--> http://download.microsoft.com/download/c/5/5/c5561094-b0fa-4f9a-9a36-65c345d887ee/HMC-3.5%20Consolidated%20Server%20Deployment.zip

-- Philippe Maurent
Microsoft - Principal Consultant
0
pmaurent
2/2/2006 6:20:49 AM

Ok, I downloaded the consolidated deployment guide. Now I am wondering what it references when it says things like:

Procedue SWSPV.** etc.

and setup 4, 5, 6, 7...

0
Ryan423
2/3/2006 5:48:34 PM

The Consolidated Deployment Guide makes reference to the main HMC 3.5 Deployment Docs.  So when it says "perform procedure DWSPV.**", you need to open the HMC 3.5 document viewer, and search for that procedure.

Hope this helps,

Vlad

Need help deploying the "Initialize Actice directory for Hosting" from the HMC 4.0
Hi everone, can someone please help me get past this error: Exception: Microsoft.Provisioning.DeploymentTool.Engine.DeploymentExceptionDeploymentFailedMessage: Deployment interrupted because of a failure. See inner exception.     Exception: Microsoft.Provisioning.DeploymentTool.Engine.NamedProcedureException    Message: <errorContext description="UpdateACL/The parameter is incorrect." code="0x80070057" executeSeqNo="493"><errorSource namespace="Active Directory Provider" procedure="Update ACL" /><...

Deployment Automation features in the HMC 3.5 deployment tool
The HMC 3.5 deployment tool carries out a lot of automated tasks, with somewhat mysterious names like "Initialize Active Directory for Hosting".  Many customers have asked me what it is actually doing to their Active Directory configuration!  This info is actually buried in the HMC 3.5 documentation (in the Deployment Automation Appendix), but I have created a simple listing of what each step actually does. I've posted it on the new implement.com HMC blog - http://implement-hmc.spaces.live.com/ Stay tuned for weekly postings on HMC 3.5 and the soon-to-be released HMC 4.0.....

Need Deployment guide for Operations Manager 2007
I want to deploy OpsMgr 2007 for my current running/production hosted environment.  Anything out there, anyone using it yet.   Dave ...

Develop in .NET 3.5...Deploy on .NET 3.0...Assembly strong name issue in web.config
Hi. I develop locally using web developer express 2008. I have .NET 3.5 installed on the development machine.I am trying to deploy to a Windows Server 2003 machine running.NET 3.0.Not surprisingly, I get an error about the strong assembly names referenced all over my web.config when I try to access the site on the production server.I don't think any of my code truly relies on .NET 3.5--it should all be compatible with the 3.0 framework.Here's my error message:Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77...

Need help with deploying the initialize active directory for Hosting in HMC 4.0
Hi everyone, can anyone help me get past this error ??  running the deplyment tool, I can´t seem to figure out what is wrong here ... Exception: Microsoft.Provisioning.DeploymentTool.Engine.DeploymentExceptionDeploymentFailedMessage: Deployment interrupted because of a failure. See inner exception.     Exception: Microsoft.Provisioning.DeploymentTool.Engine.NamedProcedureException    Message: <errorContext description="UpdateACL/The parameter is incorrect." code="0x80070057" executeSeqNo="493"><errorSource namespace...

HMC 3.5 Front-end Exchange Deployment Error (DP.6)
    When trying to perform the DP.6 deployment step I am getting an error on the Front end system deployment. Here is the error I am getting:<response><errorContext description="Method not found: 'System.String System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_Password()'." code="0x80131513" executeSeqNo="31"><errorSource namespace="Computer Management Provider" procedure="Set Properties"/><errorSource namespace="Deployment Automation" procedure="SetWinNTProperties_"/><errorSource namespace="Deployment Automation" procedure="ExecuteDeploymentStep_"/><...

Very Simple Question: Can the Hosted Messaging & Collaboration 3.5 solution deploy Exchange 2007?
Hi We have recently signed the SPLA agreement and we are planning our deployment.  We have received Exchange 2007.  Can we delpoy the hosted exchange 2007 using this solution 3.5 or should we wait until version 4 is released?  Cheers Lathan HMC 3.5 does not support Exchange 2007 I am afraid, you would have to use HMC 4.0 when it is released. Steve...

Minimum servers needed to host CRM 3.0 on HMC 3.5
I am interested in developing a Hosted Messaging and Collaboration Environment, specifically tailored to provide CRM.  Most of our customers will want exchange and some sharepoint. I am trying to come up with the absolute smallest server footprint for the initial deployment, while still maintaining necessary redundancy an service distribution.  ie (2 domain controlers, internal and external DNS, etc.)  I would like to piggy back as many services as safely possible.  I would like to avoid clustering Exchange and SQL servers in the beginning, unless that is a terrible idea...

Deploy 3.5 web app on .NET 3.0 web server?
Hello,I am considering developing an ASP.NET app in VS 2008 using LINQ.  I know LINQ is .NET 3.5 specific but the IIS6 web server I need to deploy to only has .NET 3.0 installed (and I can't change that).So my question: can I compile and deploy a .NET 3.5 app on a web server with .NET 3.0 on it?  If so, how - and is there any official MSFT documentation? thanks,Justin Try this out it may work, if not you won't be using Linq unless they upgrade. http://linqinaction.net/blogs/main/archive/2007/09/05/linq-support-on-net-2.0.aspx- WilliamPlease mark the most helpful rep...

Newbie needs VWDE deployment help. Need to import database from local machine to shared host.
Greetings,  I'm trying to migrate a website on shared hosting (Godaddy) from Classic ASP to ASP.Net. Having one major issue. I have figured out that when you create roles and users in VWDE, it creates a database(aspnetdb.mdf) in the App_Data directory and that is where the informaion is stored. On my shared hosting through Godaddy, you can select "schema features" that sets up your SQL database with all the tables the same (or at least very similar) to the aspnetdb database. I've been wading through countless posts regarding issues with Godaddy / ASP,Net. Most of the posts ...

.Net 3.5 deployment questions
I am deploying the entire .Net 3.5 web application to the server. I know I have to copy all the files like aspx, cs, css, jpg and dll files to the server. When I build the solution in release mode on my PC, it creates a dll in the bin folder. It this dll going to be recreated on the server when the web application runs the first time? Do I need to copy the csproj and sln files to the server? Thanks. all you need is .aspx pages, styles and images and dll in bin folder you don't need csproj and sln files, same thing with code behind files (just dll)Chicago Web DesignNMG Easy Site - prof...

Manually Deploying .NET 3.5
Hi,Soon I will be starting to build a new website using ASP.NET, and naturally I want to start by using the latest version of .NET. However, I discovered that the hosting that we have runs only .NET 2.0 and they refused to install 3.5 for us (irrationally IMHO). We're also stuck with them for over 12 months, so I can't just change away to a better hosting company. As a last ditch idea to try and get to use .NET 3.5 features (LINQ please!) in the website, I came up with an idea; however I don't know whether it will work at all (hence why I'm asking before I get in too deep). A...

Need Help---Deploying VB.NET Application ???
Hi y'all. I need your help in my vb.net application.I have a VB.NET application, that is ready to deployed on a target pc. The thing is the target pc doesn't have a .NET framework installed, so I try to include a file called "dotnetfxredist_x86.msm" file from the detected dependencies. But when I build the project it causing errors, saying that :F:\Documents\Visual Studio Projects\Get User IP Address\Get User IP Address.vdproj dotNETFXRedist_x86_enu.msm must not be used to redistribute the .NET Framework.  Please exclude this merge module.The error saying that I have t...

Deploying .NET 3.5 web applciaiton
Hi    i am working on a .NET 3.5 web application. I want to deploy that application to a server. Is it possible to deploy  .NET 3.5 web application  without IIS on the server? What are s/w s needed before deploying  and steps to follow?   Thanks Ashok   Hello, No, you should have installed IIS on the server. This could help - Deploy ASP.NET web site. RegardsWindows Hosting ASP.NET | Top ASP.NET Hosts | Dedicated Windows Hosting  Without a webserver, you cant host a website on a server. As far as I know, IIS is the only webserver which ca...

Web resources about - Deploying HMC 3.5 Deployment step help needed. - asp.net.hosted-exchange

Quality function deployment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... developed QFD in Japan in 1966, when the author combined his work in quality assurance and quality control points with function deployment used ...

Second Facebook Building In Luleå, Sweden, To Test New Rapid Deployment Data Center Concept
... at Facebook’s data center in Luleå, Sweden , will be the first of the social network’s data centers to be built using its new rapid deployment ...

Massive Growth in SMTP STARTTLS Deployment
When we posted in May about the state of STARTTLS deployment, we had no idea that we would see such significant changes to email encryption across ...

Deployment Manager (@redgateDeploy) on Twitter

Children welcome Georgia National Guardsmen home from deployment to Afghanistan - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
In this photo taken on March 9, 2010 photo, Blake Cochran, left, 7, Brooke Cochran, center, 6, and Bailee Cochran, 3, welcome home Georgia's ...

CICADA Autonomous Deployment Demonstration - YouTube
The Naval Research Laboratory Vehicle Research Section has successfully completed flight tests for the Autonomous Deployment Demonstration program. ...

Why, when and how to migrate to Windows 8 - Windows 8 migration, Windows 8 deployment, Windows 8, Windows ...
Windows 8 machines are coming out sometime this fall, but that doesn't mean businesses should shift to panic mode to upgrade their corporate ...

Canberra teen pens experience of Defence deployment through child's eyes in Soon
&quot;When you're as young as [seven] 13 months is ages: that's a Christmas and a birthday and an Easter and a whole family's worth of things ...

Iraq deployment decision in days: Bishop
The national security committee and federal cabinet will meet this week to decide on Australia's deployment to Iraq.

Full fibre NBN deployment costs artificially inflated: NBN Co critic
The cost of rolling out a fibre-to-the-premises NBN may not be as high as that posited by the Coalition government, according to University of ...