Modify Request Headers with HTTP module?

Hi

I need to authenticate a flash client. Flash is limited in what I can programmatically set in terms of HTTP headers etc.

I planned to pass in the ASP.NET session id into the flash control. The flash control would then make a request to a .NET webservice. I need to pass the sessionid from the flash client to the server. I then need to check that the session is valid on the server.

My idea was to create an HTTP module which would look for the sessionid (passed as part of the SOAP request, or otherwise). It would then ADD an HTTP header to the request "ASP_sessionid" or whatever, with the sessionid in place. Subsequently the SessionStateModule woule read this value and honour the request in the usual way.

My efforts fell short upon discovery that the Request.Headers collection is read-only. Is there a way to modify the request in an HTTP module, or am I attempting the impossible!?

Another option may be to create a completely new request, based on the original and discard the original request. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

0
geedubb
5/12/2006 2:25:50 PM
asp.net.handlers-modules 2116 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Concerning a custom header problem, perhaps, this post can help you.
0
zhuhua1006
5/15/2006 2:03:38 AM
Thanks very much. I now have an HTTP module which moves a session id in the QueryString to the Request Headers.

Cheers
0
geedubb
5/16/2006 10:58:06 AM
Are you willing to share that code? ;-)
Jonathan Minond
http://www.Jonavi.com
http://www.jonavi.com/Default.aspx?pageID=21
http://RainbowBeta.com
http://community.rainbowportal.net/blogs/jonathans_rainbow_blog/default.aspx
http://dotnetslackers.com/community/blogs/jminond/default.aspx
0
jminond

modules, modules

Http handlers and Http modules
Hi,  What are some of the best and common scenarios where Http handlers and Http modules can be usefully used? Sandyhttp://www.thequinn.infohttp://www.sksdataservices.comhttp://www.infobasket.info Hi, ASP.NET uses the handlers for processing aspx, asmx and other files. How can you use it? Well let us say if you want to create a file with a new extension, you will need to write a handler for it. Moreover they are the earliest point where you can access requests. Moreover they being portable makes them all the more powerful. ASP.NET uses modules for services like session manage...

Module in Module

CAllback Http handler http module
 Hi all,Can anybody tell me how to generate callback.This call back should NOT be in on aspx page  .I this its solution is Http module or Http handler but i dont have idea to implement .Give me some reference and sample code or examples for implementing call back using http handlers or httpmodule thanksNothing is impossible as the IMPOSSIBLE word itself says I M Possible...just you have to try..u get all what you desirePradeep BishtBLOG ::--> http://dotnetarmy.blogspot.com/URL ::--> http://www.asp.net Could you please describe in more detail what you want? A callback ...

Hi how to combine .Net module and Java module?
Hi,   I have developed two modules one in ASP.Net 2.0 and another one in Java technologies, so how to combine both of these into one. Is there any technology for doing so?ThanksVishwanath  Well, not much as an expert in Java, but i came upon this article, and i guess it will help a lot http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=23883 Cheers !!!RegardsRamzi--------------------------------------------Dont Forget to mark the post as answered once replied. Hi, Also have a look at infoq.com there you will find articles related to ASP.net and Java combination...

Information requested from Module Developers wanting to sell modules
Hi, I wanted to post here and ask about module developers who have projects they want to sell, either anonymously or under their own name, and I am looking for great developers who have modules that are of quality and are looking for a reliable environment to market their work, without needing to involve themselves with the public. I'm about to launch my skinning/module/skinobject site - it's been something I have dearly wanted to do for so long but with the proper support/infrastructutre. It's taken long than I thought, but I believe we are very close and now I want to provide an environme...

Using the module HTTP::Request
Hello All, I am trying to use the module HTTP::Request. I tried to use the code given in perldoc HTTP::Request Here is my code ============== #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; require HTTP::Request; require LWP::UserAgent; my ($request,$response,$ua); $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new; $request = HTTP::Request->new('GET' => "http://www.google.com/"); $response = $ua->request($request); print "$response\n"; ============ But the output of the code is perl aprequest.pl HTTP::Response=HASH(0x81e8a84) How can I make this human reada...

Content HTTP Headers module
This is a proposal for a new Core module: Name: Content HTTP Headers Description: HTTP headers related to content, e.g. User-Agent, Content-Type, Accept. (Transport-related headers are the responsibility of the Necko module owner.) Owner: Gervase Markham Peer(s): Source Dir(s): None Bugzilla Component(s): Core/Networking: HTTP URL: https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Gecko_user_agent_string_reference Discussion Group: mozilla.dev.platform Discussion around the User Agent string, particularly, requires balancing of a large number o...

HTTP Handlers and Modules confusion
 I'm not really a novice as I understand some advanced concepts and I have experience in delivering fairly complex web apps with ASP.NET, but in my previous experience, I haven't worked with HTTP Handlers and Modules much. I know that each page requested will have to pass the HTTP Modules, or rather, the HTTP modules intercept each page request, so my understanding is, this would be the ideal way to go about having a module which can record page hits. However, what is the purpose of an application-wide event in global.asax? Surely, this could achieve the same purpose?&...

IO modules causing issues in Net::DNS module?
------_=_NextPart_001_01CAD72B.3BF72B9F Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi! = I'm porting some software from a White Russian OpenWRT system to a new Kami= kaze 8.09.1 OpenWRT system but I am having some serious issues that I'm hop= ing you can help me with. = Old system Linux kernel 2.4.34 MIPSEL arch Perl 5.8.7 Net::DNS 0.48 IO 1.21 IO::Socket 1.28 IO::Socket::INET 1.28 = New system Linux kernel 2.6.26.8 MIPS arch Perl 5.10.0 Net::DNS 0.66 IO 1.23_...

Http Modules, Handlers, or ISAPI?
I'm working on developing a new BLOG system for my employer, the University of Delaware. I want to provide bloggers with a URL thats easy to remember. I want to have each user have a url such as "http://....udel.edu/blogs/smithr" instead of http://....udel.edu/blogs/viewblog.aspx?userid=5". I hope you can understand why. When they access "/blogs/smithr", I want to intercept it and at that point I can easily parse out smithr and server.forward of response.redirect the client to the proper location.The problem is that I can create a module or handler (either o...

Modules Containing Modules
I have no idea if this is possible or not, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Basically, what I need is a module container that can hold other modules. The reason is because on some views within my portal site, I need to have multiple regions (i.e. links, static text/html). I'm sure I can create different modules for specific scenarios, but this happens A LOT, so I'm hoping there's already something doing it. I have yet to dig into building my first module, so it may not even be a big deal. Has anyone attempted this before? If so, are there any public tools already published that I'...

Describe Http(Handler/Module)
Hello everyone...can anyone tell that  What is HttpHandler and Httpmodule....how these are used in web.configand as in httphandler the somewhat like    <add path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" verb="*" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"        validate="false" /> is used in that what the all of attributes means and what the type describes..     You could che...

Difference in HTTP Module and Handler
Hi, I understand the basics of a HTTP Module and a HTTP Handler, but can someone tell me when I should use a HTTP Handler rather than a HTTP Module, with examples? Thanks! HttpModules represent code that is in play for all page requests while an HttpHandler is more like a single page.  For example, if you wanted to implement compression for all your pages, you could use an HttpModule - that module could be used to compress ALL pages. Of it you wanted to serve up a dynamic image from a database, you could use an HttpHandler - that handler could serve up an image for a si...

Web resources about - Modify Request Headers with HTTP module? - asp.net.handlers-modules

Wikipedia:Admin coaching/Requests for Coaching - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Are added to the current request list in date order, newest at the end . Coaches will contact people at or near the top of the list, with preference ...

Queensland treasurer Curtis Pitt rejects Clive Palmer's loan guarantor request
The Queensland government has formally rejected mining magnate-cum-politician Clive Palmer's request that it become a bank guarantor for his ...

Gautam Adani makes special request to Malcolm Turnbull over $15b deal
Indian billionaire personally&nbsp;sought intervention from Prime Minister.

Police requests for Canberra MyWay users' data increasing
Public transport data and personal information collected from MyWay ticketing system used in investigations.

Boo and Pistol: Johnny Depp's wife Amber Heard requests early trial over dogs, Government to call 12 ...
Johnny Depp's wife Amber Heard pushes for a trial early next year on biosecurity charges involving her pet Yorkshire terriers.

Apple Maps now used 3x as often as Google Maps on iOS, serving 5B requests per week
It’s no secret that when Apple Maps launched back in 2012 it had more than its fair share of issues. The issues included things like incorrect ...

Jason Pierre-Paul Comments on Amputation Request, Fireworks Incident and More - Bleacher Report
New York Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul , who had to have his right index finger amputated and suffered other hand injuries after a fireworks ...

High Court denies Georgia man request for stay of execution
Brian Keith Terrell is scheduled to be executed by lethal injection for the 1992 killing of a friend of his mother

Microsoft apologizes for riling OneDrive users, restores some free storage space on request
Microsoft on Friday apologized for how it conveyed last month's decision to slash OneDrive storage allotments, and restored the 15GB of free ...