VS2005 GCN 1.1 Converted with Web Application Project

I have converted GCN 1.1 (VS2003) to VS2005 using the new Web Application Project. They provide an import capability and it seamlessly converted the VS2003 project.
0
agravina
1/18/2007 1:05:48 PM
asp.net.gotcommunitynet 329 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Converting 1.1 Web Project to a 2.0 Web Application Project, then and now...
Hey all, I hope I can explain this correctly, as I am completely lost as to what was and is going on. About 6-8 months ago, I installed VS2005 Professional on my notebook and got the VS2005 WAP conversion installation, which was a seperate add on at the time. I took a couple small 1.1 applications and as I recall pointed to the .vbproj file and allowed the conversion wizard to do it's thing and then went through the output fixing all the code which was no longer 2.o compliant (ie. Like the SMTP class changes).  Now, on my Desktop I was told to install VS2005 Team System and patc...

Trying to bring in 1.1 project as VS2005 "Web Application Project"
I have a 1.1 project from a few years ago and am trying to turn it into a 2.0 project, but when i open VS2005 (with SP1 installed) and then open the "sln" or "vbproj" file in the project, i get prompted with "The following web web projects must be convered to the new Web Site format" Where is the option to use Web Application Project instead of Web Site format?   Wasn't that one of the "gee whiz" things MS was bragging about in Service Pack 1?"If you make it idiot proof, they'll build a better idiot" I think you can try ...

converted 1.1 to 2.0 Web application project, now project compiles under both models
Hi,  Just converted our fairly big 1.1 project to 2.0.  Then used "Convert to Web application" on the whole project. When we just "build" or "rebuild" the ouput window tells us that is compiled into one assembly in the "bin" directory, just as intended and the reason we converted to Web application project type. Now, when we either "debug" or run it after deploying it: - it complies  to one single assembly again, and we get a confirmation of that in the "output" window. - but then it proceeds to compil...

Converted from 1.1 to 2.0 Web Application Project, now project compiles twice under both models
Hi,  Just converted our fairly big 1.1 project to 2.0.  Then used "Convert to Web application" on the whole project. When we just "build" or "rebuild" the ouput window tells us that is compiled into one assembly in the "bin" directory, just as intended and the reason we converted to Web application project type. Now, when we either "debug" or run it after deploying it: - it complies  to one single assembly again, and we get a confirmation of that in the "output" window. - but then it proceeds to compil...

Converting Rainbow from 1.1 to 2.0 issue with Web Application Project
I first tried to convert rainbow with the normal conversion method and got numerous errors with namespace conflicts.  I then tried Scotts blog and got 0 errors on both the core and the modules ( just a couple namespace switches).  I compiled rainbow and the build passed.  My only things is when I go to the default page I get an error saying my assembly cant be found.  When I go to VS 2005, intellisense says otherwise and everything compiles.  I looked at the compiler output to find a long list of conflicts with my Temporary ASP.NET files directory located on ...

Do you have to convert 1.1 projects in vs2005?
I'm sure this is a simple 'no you cant' answer, but is it possible to just have vs2005 ide and still be able to build and deploy 1.1 and 2.0 projects?  or would that defeat the purpose of even getting vs2005?   j Visual Studio is a programming environment.  You can program anything in it.  The extra features that make programming easier are geared to the .NET 2.0 framework, but that doesn't stop you from writing 1.1 code in it. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post ...

Web Project converted from 1.1 VS2003 to 2.0 VS2005
Hi,  this is a few questions really My site was originally in .Net 1.1 and was converted to 2.0 and then I used the 'convert to web application' option in VS2005 to keep the same model with a single dll.  The site is used by IE, Firefox and Safari.  Also I have kept a browsercaps section in the web.config (BrowserCaps update for modern browsers, http://slingfive.com/pages/code/browserCaps/) (which I think is maybe just needed in .Net 1.1)  Here's my questions; 1.  My site does not have any .browser files?  Does it need them and can anyone...

Convert v 1.1 Web application to 2.0 Web site?
Hi - I migrated the asp.net 1.1 portal start kit to asp.net 2.0 as a web application in VS 2005. This seems to have worked out fine. Now I would like to be able to work on this project at home on my laptop where I only have Visual Web Developer Express. The problem is that when I build the project in Visual Web Developer Express - I can't figure out how to compile my asp.net 1.1 codebehind files. As I understand it, a Web site project does not build the site .dll in the bin directory as before. I have not yet updated my files as partial classes - is this all I need to do? Visual Web...

Making a .NET 1.1 Web Project .NET 2.0 enabled
We were able to use such things as  below in the InstantASP forum source code.  I'm trying to do the same with Presstopia but it errors out when putting the below in their web.config. <machineKey validationKey="..." decryptionKey="..." validation="SHA1" decryption="3DES" />So what did InstantASP have to do to make their 1.1 code able to use machinekey then if it's not a .NET 2.0 application?  I want to do the same for Presstopia.   I figure there are general things you can do to allow a 1.1 app to make it able to ...

Notification from 3.5 web application for a 1.1 web application
Hello I have this situation: I have an ASP.NET 1.1 web application. Recently we received to make a module for data import, so I made it in ASP.NET 3.5. The 3.5 sub-application opens in a frame of the 1.1 application. I also made an "upgrade" for the part that handles the editable application parameters by unsing the 3.5 forms from the 1.1 application. The problem that I have now is that I have to notify the 1.1 application that these parameters were update so it should be reloaded. How can I do this? Thanks in advance Calin...

1.1 web application convert into 2.0
Hi, I am going to convert my asp.net 1.1 web application in 2.0. I have followed this link http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa479567.aspx#wapp_topic12 But when i debug the application the vs 2005 found the error "Unable to start debugging on the web server. The web server is not confugered correctly.See help fo commen configuration errors. Running the web page outside the debugger may provide further information. Click help for more information." I have checked it. It is properly configured, version is also 2.0. When I try to browse the virtual directory found configu...

Benifits to convert from web application 1.1 to 2.0
Hi, Can any body tell me, What are the benifits to convert the application asp.net 1.1 to 2.0.   Thanks,   naveed. naveedbaig:Can any body tell me, What are the benifits to convert the application asp.net 1.1 to 2.0. Most of the benefits are the new controls and tools for faster development, and new features.Things like all the login controls, provider models, master pages, the new data bound controls, table adapters etcTo develop new applications in .NET 1.x would be awful compared to .NET 2.0 so if you are contemplating on a new web application between 1.1 and 2.0, t...

Web resources about - VS2005 GCN 1.1 Converted with Web Application Project - asp.net.gotcommunitynet

Pre-Christmas job application rush hits Australian public service
Speed required for pre-Christmas job window opening for public servants. Check out who is hiring.

New application delivers predictive personalization for Oracle users
... their customers so they can accurately target their efforts. Machine intelligence-based marketing platform Boomtrain is launching a new application ...

NASA is accepting astronaut applications, and this quiz will tell you if you qualify
... gone before, then you might want to sign up to be a NASA astronaut. On Dec. 14, for the first time in four years, NASA began accepting applications. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 34% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 1.1 percent from one week earlier, ...

Digitimes Research: China touch panel makers increasing investments in niche products and large-size ...
The China International Touchscreen Exhibition (C-Touch) was recently held in Shenzhen, China, featuring a number of local and international ...

NASA accepting applications for the position of 'astronaut'
Wanted ads aren't usually newsworthy, unless the company is NASA and the job is "going to space." The US space agency has started recruiting ...

10 Killer Media Applications Enabled by 'Virtual Reality' Headsets
... can do much more than 'virtual reality,' a technical term that is badly defined in most news reports. Here are 10 rapidly developing applications. ...