Cascading deletes

Were using these right?

Noticed that there is no DeleteBooks method, but a delete contentPage method -

I swear to god that we need to have a ContentItem class -
I know there is a ContentItem class defined under that darn ContentList repeater,
But I renamed mine to ContentItemContainer

I think that we should have a Content Item table in the DB
the Horror
Get ready to blast your energy levels into high gear with Sedgewick Energy Drink. High powered adaptogenic herbs mixed with potent levels of B-vitamins and...

Please disregard the contents of this post.
0
sedgewick
3/16/2004 3:45:24 PM
asp.net.gotcommunitynet 329 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Cascading deletes - Which is better
I need to implement my cascading deletes on a SQL database.  Is it better (performance/reliablility-wise) to use the Foreign Key Cascading Deletes or to just write my own triggers to do the deletes?I was hoping someone had experimented and found which works best. DRI(declarative referential integrity) triggers are used when Cascade Deletes and Updates cannot be implemented in the RDBMS(relational database management system) as in SQL Server 7.0 and below.  In SQL Server 2000 using Cascade Delete and Cascade Update is the way to go.  The reason is reliability related because ...

Is Cascading deletes prefered to deleting thru a stored procedure?
I have a situation in which I have three tables - 'Table1', 'Table2' and 'Table3'. 'Table1' is a primary table for 'Table2' so that the the primary key of 'Table1' is a foreign key in 'Table2'. In the same way, 'Table1' is also the primary table for 'Table3'. If I delete a row in 'Table1' then I could automatically let SQL Server also delete the related rows in 'Table2' and 'Table3' through 'cascading delete' option. Or I could run a trigger or stored procedure for deleting related rows in 'Table2' and 'Table3'. Which of these methods would be quicker? Also would cascading deletes option a...

ON DELETE CASCADE
Good afternoon, I am seeing some conflicting information when I search for the ON DELETE CASCADE statement on the Internet. Does ASE 15.x support the ON DELETE CASCADE function or is this same functionality implemented via a trigger? Thanks in advance. Whatty Hi, I recall there is a feature request to have this function but don't know if it is in ASE 15.x yet (Change Request 289627) Also there is a similar request from ISUG which you can vote on to increase it priority. Enhancement ID 2235: http://my.isug.com/index.php?mo=is&op=vi&type=1&iid=...

On Delete Cascade
Hi all, I'm working on the porting of an application from Oracle to Sybase (ASE 11.9.2). Now I'm facing with the "on delete cascade" and "cascade constraints" directives present in Oracle. Is there anything similar in Sybase or is there any workaround? Thanks to anybody can help me. Gianpaolo. -- ------------------------------------------------------------------ Gianpaolo Araco phone +39-06-47823776 - ext: 17 Web Bridges Srl fax +39-06-48906270 Via Mecenate 59 mailto:gianpaolo@web...

CASCADE ON DELETE?
I didn't create the database I'm now working with, in SQLAnywhere 5.0. I want to delete a large number of records and have it do a CASCADE on DELETE. How do I check if this particular referential integrity constraint exists for this table? On Mon, 04 Jan 1999 15:34:05 -0500, "Rick Charnes" <rick.charnes@state.ma.us> wrote: >I didn't create the database I'm now working with, in SQLAnywhere 5.0. I >want to delete a large number of records and have it do a CASCADE on >DELETE. How do I check if this particular referential integrity constrai...

Cascading delete
In my consolidated database I have a foreign key between two tables with the cascading delete integrity constraint applied. The two tables are replicated (in their entirety) to a remote database. In the remote database should I have the delete integrity constraint applied in the foreign key between the two tables? If a record is deleted from table A in the consolidated database and this cascades and deletes a record in table B, won't the individual delete statements from the transaction log be applied to the remote database thus removing the need for the "cascade" to ...

cascade delete
Does anyone know how to implement cascade delete within ASE on tables with foreign keys? If so please help me! I know that ASA has this capability but I can not find anything in ASE to support it. Here is my email if you have an answer pitsnogle@va.prestige.net thanks, Richard ASE does not support declarative cascading deletes through referential integrity. If you want to do cascading deletes, you will have to write triggers to handle your foreign keys, rather than using the constraints. -bret Rich and Peg wrote: > Does anyone know how to implement cascade dele...

Cascading Deletes
I'm trying to implement cascading deletes in Sybase via a trigger. I know I can't just specify this when I create the foreign key constraint. So, my question is this, which will fire first, the RI or the trigger? If it's the former, then I won't be able to delete any children because the parent will exist. Is there a clean workaround if this is the case? Thanks! Arthur ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Don't use the constraints. Use only the triggers for your RI. Bob Densmore Arthur Lan...

CASCADE deletes
In SQL Central, how do I set sqlanywhere to enforce referential integrety and delete all foreign keys when a record is deleted? Thanks for any help, Randy Nelson >In SQL Central, how do I set sqlanywhere to enforce referential integrety >and delete all foreign keys when a record is deleted? To create a foreign key you can click on the "Add foreign Key" line to start a fkey creation wizard. To change the properties of an existing foreign key definition, Right click on the foreign key and choose Properties. Click the 'Integrity' tab. Under "de...

Cascading Deletes
In PowerDesigner 9.5.2, is it possible to have all relationships in the PDM which have cascading deletes highlighted in a different color than the others. I'm hoping there is a way other than manually changing the color on each one. If you can handle a little VB Script writing, you can do it. There are a few sample scripts to start with. What you will need to do is: Spin through all of the references. For each, if the type is on delete cascade, then set the color attribute to something special. It really shouldn't be a lot of coding. If you need help, post back here ...

Delete on cascade
Hello, I have a problem with the speed of a delete on a table that use cascades delete I use ASA 7.0.2.1493 I have a table (tb_a). It has 100 records. This table is referenced by 16 other tables. (tb_b) Some of these tables are referenced by other tables.(tb_c) Some of these referenced tables are referenced by other tables. (tb_d) Sometimes, tables are referencing other tables directly ex : tb_a is referenced by tb_d When I make a delete on tb_a, it takes 30 sec. to make the delete. The delete is indexed as I delete on the primary key from tb_a. For tb_b, tb_c, tb_c, There ...

Delete cascade
Hello, I'm trying to use cascade delete on Sybase, but it doesn't work like SQL Server 2000. Does anyone know how to do it (I can't use a stored procedure, only triggers)? I've got a table that has referencied rows on another tables, and I want to delete these records when I delete the row on the parent table. This is the parent table CREATE TABLE dbo.tbl_Protocolo_x_Documento ( Cn_Protocolo int, Cn_Documento int, Ds_Motivo varchar(255), CONSTRAINT PK_tbl_Protocolo_x_Documento PRIMARY KEY(Cn_Protocolo,Cn_Documento) ) GO...

Cascade Delete
PowerDesigner Version 9.0.0.438 and MS SQL 7.0 SP3. I need to be able to allow for Cascading deletes and updates. I see two problems at this point: One is the current code in the DBMS properties for Relationship Create is as follows: [%USE_SP_FKEY%?[execute ]sp_foreignkey %TABLE%, %PARENT%, %FKEYCOLUMNS% :alter table [%QUALIFIER%]%TABLE% add [constraint %CONSTNAME%] foreign key (%FKEYCOLUMNS%) references [%PQUALIFIER%]%PARENT%[ (%CKEYCOLUMNS%)]] In order for it to place the correct code I believe I need to have the following: [%USE_SP_FKEY%?[execute] sp_foreig...

CASCADE ON DELETE
Hi, Just a quick question: will ASE 12.5 support CASCADE ON DELETE on table creation? Take care, Yicheng ...

on delete cascade?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------DB2070C890FF2F3A31CE38D9 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I'm new to Sybase SQL Server 11 and I'm wondering whether there is any possibility to perform a cascading delete in a master-detail-relationship using a foreign key constraint? Any ideas? Thanks Thomas --------------DB2070C890FF2F3A31CE38D9 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="vcard.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Thomas Golob Content-Dispositi...

Web resources about - Cascading deletes - asp.net.gotcommunitynet

Cascading Style Sheets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cascading Style Sheets ( CSS ) is a style sheet language used for describing the presentation semantics (the look and formatting) of a document ...

Ads API Profile: Alchemy’s Cascading Ad Creation, Analytics, and Auto-Optimization
Facebook’s performance advertising system provides buyers with a wealth of targeting options, but not the depth of control or analytics to effectively ...

Twitter blames global outage on 'cascading bug'
AFTER nearly a year without any significant periods of downtime, using Twitter was almost nothing like the early days of being on the service. ...

In defence of Gen Y, and cascading generations, by a boomer
Some accuse Generation Y of feeling entitled, overly precocious, demanding and rude but that doesn't necessarily reflect reality.

In defence of Gen Y, and cascading generations, by a boomer
Some accuse Generation Y of feeling entitled, overly precocious, demanding and rude but that doesn't necessarily reflect reality.

Cascading Style Sheets - 9to5Mac
Adobe announced updates on Thursday to many of its HTML5 design tools for Creative Cloud users. Among the updates, we get new features for Edge ...

West Texas Cascading Safety Failure
In the interests of Calamity Fairness, here’s a most depressing Bloomberg article : Texas Explosion Seen as Sign of Weak U.S. Oversight The ...

Watch this captivating video of 11,000 marbles cascading down a marble run
Everyone has a hobby. Some people like to play recreational sports, others prefer to go fishing, but did you know there are creative types out ...

Austria Announces Fence With Slovenia; Irony of German Whine; Cascading Fences; Mish Proposed Strategy ...
Two months ago, Austria's chancellor Werner Faymann criticized Hungary for building a fence along its border. Faymann proclaimed "To think that ...

Cascading Slopes is Jacob from The Drums' new band, NYC residency this month
Cascading Slopes at Cameo, 1/31/2013 (via @FreshBread) Cascading Slopes is a new project from Jacob Graham of The Drums. Unlike his other band, ...