Why does it not let me type data in my database fields and gives me error "No row was updated, the data in row 1 was not committed?

Hi,

 I'm typing example records in my database fields for username, last name, firstname, city, state, etc directly into the database field but when I try to save it it says:

No row was updated.

The data in row 1 was not committed.

Error Source: .NetSqlClient Data Provider.

Error Message: String or binary data would be truncated.

The statement has been terminated.

Correct the errors and retry or press ESC to cancel the change(s)

Basically I'm just typing data into the fields but it won't allow me to save them.    The data types are all saved as  nchar(40) or so and NULLS are allowed. What am I doing wrong?

ASPMax-I'm relatively new to ASP.net so please be patient if my questions sound stupid :)
0
ASPMax

One of the data for the fields you are trying to enter is more than 40 characters long. Check it

Thanks

-Mark post(s) as "Answer" that helped you

Mark post(s) as "Answer" that helped you

Electronic Screw
Website||Blog||Dub@i.net
0
e_screw
2/13/2008 5:00:29 AM

 any primary key? all the fields are allow null? How many records you inserted before you get the error?

Bryian Tan
MCP, MCAD
0
BryianTan

How to get data from database row by row
I try to get data from a database row by row, I am using DataReader, the return result is not I expected, don't know how to solve it. Here is my sample code: --------------------------------------------Dim commandText As String = "select * from customer "Dim con As New OleDbConnection("Data Source=c:\company.mdb;Persist Security Info=False; Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;")Dim Cmd As New OleDbCommand(commandText, con)Dim reader As OleDbDataReader = Cmd.ExecuteReader()             Using con       &nbs...

error "Failed to get datetime data" using dw.net 1.0.1
Hello, My situation: I have a vs2005 project with dw.net version 1.0.1 (build 5502), database is asa10. When my regional settings are Dutch(Belgium) I have no problems at all. When the settings are Italian(Italy) I get a "Failed to get datetime" error when I retrieve when my data contains dates. When the date fields are not filled in then I do not get the error. A date of '2008-1-1 08:00:00' also gives errors. When I try to retrieve the same data in the datawindow painter I also get no error. Can anyone help me? Greetings, Mich=E8le DW.net 2.5 is now th...

How to update Data of First row when I delete Data of Second row?
 assume my Table's Columns looks like below1  ,   Annie,   History, pass, 12  ,   Colin,   Math   , Pass, 17  ,   Annie,   History, Fail, 011 ,   Colin,   Math   , Fail, 0you can see the No1 and No7 with same people AnnieWhen I delete the No7's Data I want to update which last 2 columns "Fail" and "1" to No1so After I delete Row of No.7 the result will looks like below1  ,   Annie,   History, Fail, 0 ( update this row'...

Whan can i do? make "string" data type convert to "window" data type, and use a "window" name to get it ancestor "window name", thanks! i use pb5
Rich, With a string window name, you can open a window of that type if you need to. You could, of course, query that window object for any attributes. Another option is to use the LibraryExport function to export the definition of the window which is specified by the string. You can then parse the resulting file to get information on the ancestor object. HTH Sanjiv. "Rich" <windows_ce@netease.com> wrote in message news:2Xsr1WW0AHA.178@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

ADO.net problem: i can not view image data for the rest of my table rows except the image for the first row but i can read all the other non image fields for all rows.
Hi i have a table with the following fields imgid............int imgdata........image imgtitle.........varchar(max) imgType........varchar(max) imgLength.....bigint incident_id.....int i have no problem with uploading the image but viewing the uploaded image(s) in a gridview has caused me great pain. The probelm is i have two pages. page1 grabs the image to display and page2 has a gridview that displays the grabed image. I wanted to have an sql statement like SELECT * FROM mytable WHERE incident_id=someValue. IF i have 5 records in this table and i view page2 ...

How do I "row-wrap" ? i.e., have 2 rows of headers, and 2 rows in grid for each data record?
Hi I have built a view in Sql Server, and built my Sql Data Source, and everything looks good... I have my data grid populating nicely. But, I want the headers and rows to wrap - not inside each cell, but to fit the page. Let's say I have 10 columns, and only 5 will fit in the width of a webpage.  I would want the headers to wrap, so there are two rows of headers, then each data record would fill 2 rows in the grid. Example:  <headers> Last Name................First Name.............. Middle Name.............DOB............SSN............. <end of this row in grid>...

DetailsView and getting data from a row or field?! VB.NET
I am using Visual web developer and ASP.NET 2.0 using VB.NET Basically i have a detailsview which is bound to a database. It has two rows which are User and Status.. E.g. User   : Sean       Status: OnlineNow the trouble is that i wish to get the data of the User row and insert it back into another database, dont worry the SQL is not my problem..What i need help with is getting the data that it is in that row! I can get the selected page index but not what i need! Also if you know how to do this uding the grid view, form view or any data repr...

Error:"The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value."
I still don't know what is happening with my application. I used before in another page the formview control and I didn't have the out of range Date error. It was normally. But now, I'm doing everything manually and I don't know why, but I'm with this problem. I need to safe this problem today... Here go my code! The error occurs here: (It's the Sub that Insert data inside of the database(SQLServer)Protected Sub Gravar_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Dim SQL As String = "Update RECEBER SET  EMISSAO = '" & CType(tbDataEmissao.Text, Date) & "', VENCIME...

In a Data grid,using check box inside grid, at a time update 1 row of data.
In a Data grid table, i update multiple rows of data.i  want to use check box inside the grid against each row, so that only one row is updated at a time.How set condition for check box when it is inside the grid.anyone who knows solution or suggestion, pls reply.Thanks in advance. Hi Try this code..foreach(DataGridItem dgi in DataGrid1.Items) { CheckBox chk=(CheckBox)dgi.FindControl("CheckBox1"); Label lbl=(Label)dgi.FindControl("lblskillid");if(chk.Checked==true) {je.empid=int.Parse(Session["Empid"].ToString()); je.nameskill=dgi.Cells[1].Text.T...

Several rows with the same data into 1 row
There is table where some rows includes the same data (at least UserId, Name but ID - unique) ID, UserID, Name, Money Required, Money Spent, Products 1    234        aaa     2000                    345                Product1 2    234        aaa     300      ...

Retaining Data Grid row position when "editing" row?
In ASP 2.0 is it possible to retain the cursor position on the Datagrid row after the "edit" is selected, so users do not need to scroll back to the line ? I am using editable datagrid for updating the records which are in SQL table.If I click on edit link of the record,is it possible to show the editable row on top of the page or top of the datagrid.Or Is it possible to focus the page on that editable row?For I am clicking on 1000th row of datagrid for editing, I need to scroll through the page to discover the record I clicked for editing.It is very much annoying to scroll through when lar...

Update views in MS SQL Server give me the old "Row changed between retrieve and update" error
I am in the process of migrating from PB7 to PB9 and from Sybase to SQL Server 2000. When I try to update through a view against SQL Server 2000, I get the old "Row changed between retrieve and update". If I have the where clause set to Key Columns this only happens the first time I update, upon running the application. If I have this either of the other two options set for the where clause it will continue to happen for every update. My DW is a tabular dw with all columns, except the key column, editable and updateable. If I make a change to one row, I get the error...

Grid view rows operated using keyboard or arrow keys
Hi All..i need GridView rows - operated using keyboard and when a row is focused or selected, it should be it be in editable mode. when the focus moves to next row, the last row data, should get updated to database and new the data is to be displayed. The selected row must be now in edit mode. this to be done using arrow keys (Up and Down). It would be great help if you provide me a solution for this. Hi:   Please refer to following articles: http://forums.asp.net/p/1119365/1743285.aspx http://aspalliance.com/895_Understanding_the_JavaScript___doPostBack_Function.1   And foll...

Retrograding httpHandler from .NET 2.0 to 1.1, get "Parser Error Message: Could not create type" message
Hi there,I have written a httpHandler using VS2005 and .NET 2.0 that builds and works fine.However, I am now having to convert it to .NET 1.1, which I hoped would just be a case of changing the runtime used by the web app (as in running the 1.1 version of aspnet_regiis, with a "-s" switch pointing at my web apps folder). After doing this though (and fixing a few minor differences with web.config), if I then navigate to my handler I get the following error message:Server Error in '/Path/To/MyWebApp' Application.Parser ErrorDescription: An error occurred during the parsing of...

Web resources about - Why does it not let me type data in my database fields and gives me error "No row was updated, the data in row 1 was not committed? - asp.net.getting-started

Sahrawi Association of Victims of Grave Human Rights Violations Committed by the Moroccan State - Wikipedia ...
http://www.asvdh.net/ (Arabic) , (English) , (Spanish) , (French) ASVDH was founded in El Aaiun on May 7, 2005, by Sahrawi activists, including ...

I am committed to immigration reform. I... - Congressman Filemon Vela - Facebook
I am committed to immigration reform. I believe it is the primary domestic issue facing this nation. Regrettably, I must oppose the bill passed ...

Mac App Store - Committed
Get Committed on the Mac App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

The first images to the horrible massacre committed by Shiites against Sunnis worshipers - YouTube
Scores dead in attack on Sunni mosque in Iraq. Armed Shiites men stormed a Sunni mosque northeast of Baghdad Friday, killing at least 75 people ...

Texas man committed suicide using cobra - AdelaideNow Search Search
... US man, found unresponsive in his vehicle in an Austin parking lot in July with an empty snake container, has been ruled a suicide committed ...

Remaining Burgess brothers committed to South Sydney Rabbitohs
Sam Burgess has already shown his commitment to South Sydney on the field, and now his brothers are doing the same off it by pledging that they ...

DCE says he's committed to Titans
Manly halfback Daly Cherry-Evans has agreed he's 100 per cent committed to his four-year NRL deal to join Gold Coast from next year.

Has the Vic Government committed an own goal?
The Napthine government has cut an energy efficiency loans program that would have saved it more money on its energy bill than the carbon tax ...

Man committed to stand trial for funding Islamic State
A man charged with funding the terrorist organisation Islamic State has been committed to stand trial.