What is the difference between System.Single, System.Double, and System.Decimal datatypes? #2

Which of the datatypes should I use for regular decimal multiplication and division??? I don't understand the differences between the datatypes.

Does anyone know the difference? Thanks!!
0
ido

Here is a good comparison. This should help you out:

http://www.informit.com/guides/content.asp?g=dotnet&seqNum=119&rl=1
All I know is that I don't know nothin!
ApplicationDeveloper
0
DevSlick
11/14/2005 9:33:15 PM
The link just tells you the differences but those data types System.Double and System.Single are seldom used for multiplication and division because you can use Decimal data type where you can set precision and scale due to rounding probelms with System.Double and System.Single data types.   Try the thread below I had a conversation about Double rounding with a user. Hope this helps.

http://forums.asp.net/1103696/ShowPost.aspx
Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
0