What is managed and un managed code in .net 2.0

Hi all

what is the differnce between Managed and un Managed code in .net 2.0

can any body suggest me the article regarding use of Interfaces in .net 2.0

Best regards

Rameezwaheed

life is name of learning!
Rameezwaheed

Check out this link

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/community/aspnet/2/10034664/managed-vs-unmanaged-code.aspx

Thanks,
santosh_maharaja

Please mark as answer if you got expected solution.
0
santosh_maharaja

    The code can be executed by .net CLR is Managed Code, code which can't be are unmanaged code

Refer...

Managed / UnManaged Code  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms973872.aspx

Interface http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/87d83y5b(VS.80).aspx

Regards,

Prabakaran M
Software Engineer

If this post was useful to you, please Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer".

This will help readers to know which post solved your issue and make their search easy.

0
rmprabakaran

    The code can be executed by .net CLR is Managed Code, code which can't be are unmanaged code

Refer...

Managed / UnManaged Code  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms973872.aspx

Interface http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/87d83y5b(VS.80).aspx

Regards,

Prabakaran M
Software Engineer

If this post was useful to you, please Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer".

This will help readers to know which post solved your issue and make their search easy.

0
rmprabakaran
2/12/2009 7:30:26 AM

Hi ,

Thanks for reply

There is an other question that why we use interfaces in .net? .

Best Regards

life is name of learning!
Rameezwaheed
2/12/2009 8:33:39 AM

hi,

code  which are known by  CLR - Manage Code.

code which are not known by CLR - Un Manage code.

Vinay

Vinay Kumar Sinha
.net Sr. Developer
Hyderabad
0
vinayget
2/12/2009 8:38:52 AM

Thanks for the reply .

i got the idea and my confusion has been cleared.

Thanks

life is name of learning!
Rameezwaheed

LDAP Authentication .Net 1.0 code to .Net 2.0
A few years ago with help of Dunry (I think he wrote most of the LDAP part) we came up with the below C# that works in our environment. We now need to migrate this to .Net 2.0.Does anyone have any examples of something simliar that works in .Net 2.0? Thanks in advance.private void btnSubmit_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)  {   if(Page.IsValid)   {    SearchDirectoryUsername(txtUsername.Text);   }  }  private void SearchDirectoryUsername(string username)  {   using ...

Access .Net 2.0 Application from .Net 2.0 Web Site
I need to populate a specific form in a .Net desktop application from a .net web application.  Is there an easy way to go about this? Hi, Based on my understanding, you want to start an executable application from your ASP.NET websit, right? We can invoke Process.Start method (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.process.start.aspx) to launch an executable application from ASP.NET application. Note: Please keep in mind, the ASP.NET application is running on the server, so it will start the executable application that exists in the server.   I look...

Clickonce deployment anyone (DW.NET 2.0 and .NET 2.0)?
I saw someone had posted a question about this already, and there were no responses. So I am hoping that this will get some. We had problems with the previous version of DW.NET 1.5 + VS2003 when attempting to deploy applications via a web server. So many problems that we eventually decided to run off a network drive (which is OK if your user base doesn't roam around the country). Anyway, we gave up on DW.NET, and started to use the datagrid control. Since then, much has changed. Our development team now has VS2005 professional and may start using DW.NET 2.0 (pending my inv...

.NET 3.0 or .NET 2.0?
I'm going to move my exiting software to .net soon. I'm just wondering if I should wait for the .NET 3.0 framework to be released or if I can start with the 2.0 now? I'd say you can go ahead and move your code to .Net 2.0 as .Net 3.0 uses the CLR version 2.0.Basically, .net 3.0 is .net 2.0 PLUS some new features for presentation (GUI), communication and workflow process.  So the compiler as well as the language features used by the 2.0 runtime will be the same in 2.0 and 3.0"Never argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experienc...

Code works with .Net 1.1 but not .Net 2.0
Can anyone offer any suggestions as to why this code would work under .Net 1.1 and not .Net 2.0? I listed the error I receive below, also. Line 865. Thank you, Public Function GetAge(ByVal Birthdate As System.DateTime, _ Optional ByVal AsOf As System.DateTime = #1/1/1700#) _ As Integer Dim iMonths As Integer Dim iYears As Integer Dim dYears As Decimal Dim lDayOfBirth As Long Dim lAsOf As Long Dim iBirthMonth As Integer Dim iAsOFMonth As Integer If AsOf = "#1/1/1700#" ...

.NET 2.0 Data Connection (.NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider)
I have installed the .NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider, in the server explorer in Visual Studio 2005 I have tried to connect to this provider but I can not see it in the list. Is there something else you need to do to see this other than what is in the instructions or is this not supported yet? Hi Dean, I assume you mean ASE ADO.NET 2.0 Beta. I'm attaching the html readme for this product that you should have from downloading it. Are you talking about using Server Explorer to see the Provider? This functionality isn't working yet and should be available on GA or shortly ...

DNN 4.0 & .Net 2.0, SQL2005 (SQLExpress) with SQL Server Management Studio Express
Anyone have installation instructions for this configuration:WinXP, IIS 5.1, .Net 2.0 (release), SQL2005 (SQLExpress) release...without VisualStudio 2005? Using SQLSMSE for database creation?Every attempt I make appears to succeed, but viewing the databasein SQLSMSE shows no stored procs, etc. in the db. Sometimes thecore modules are installed / available, sometimes they're not.Is it related to the file attachment in web.config?Could this have something to do with the 'file manager is unavailable'and 'cannot open a closed file' errors people have been reporting?Kirk...

ajax script manager on .net 2.0
I'm trying to use the ajax reorderlist control.  I've copied all the files and directories from the bin of the ajaxcontroltoolkit.  we don't have complete control over our web server so installing something doesn't work to hot for us.  I've added the control to the page but get an error about neededing the scriptmanager.  i've done some searching and found that i should add the line  <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"></asp:ScriptManager> i added that <body> <form id="form1...

Oracle managed provider for .Net 2.0
Does ADO.Net 2.0 comes with Oracle Managed Provider too? If it's so, which is better to use, Oracle Managed Provider developed by Microsoft or by Oracle? In ADO.Net 2.0 can I use data paging (bring only the ammount of data that will be shown on the actual page instead of bringing all the data every time we change the actual page)? How can I do this using Oracle 10g?Juliano NunesMCAD | MCP | Microsoft Student Partnerhttp://julianonetfox2.spaces.live.com (Does ADO.Net 2.0 comes with Oracle Managed Provider too? If it's so, which is better to use, Oracle Managed Provider developed by Microso...

web.config problems when upgrading from .NET 2.0 Beta to .NET 2.0 release version
We uninstalled .NET 2.0 Beta and replaced it with .NET 2.0 release version.  And it messed everything up.  All applications now give weird errors indicating the lack of web.config files, despite the fact that they already have web.config files in place.  For example, the following error occurs even though the web.config file has <customErrors="Off">: Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for securit...

Converting classic to .NET 2 code, and .NET gets an error back from ADS?
 For future-proofing, our Internal Phone Directory is being moved onto our AD servers, and obviously we're using LDAP for queries.To get the phoneboook queries working, I adapted the current classic ASP code to use LDAP, and that works fine. However, we're wanting to move these pages to .NET, and that's where the problem comes in. Using the same basic logic from the Classic code (90% of its unchanged) to produce an LDAP query, I get the error  155 Unknown error (0x80005000)This is using the same website, and so the same credentials  - unless aspx pages run und...

Web resources about - What is managed and un managed code in .net 2.0 - asp.net.getting-started

Managed futures account - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Managed futures accounts include, but are not limited to, commodity pools . These funds are operated by commodity trading advisors (CTAs) or ...

HootSuite Launches Managed Security And Compliance Services
... their online reputations and social media assets comes from social relationship platform HootSuite , which announced the launch of its Managed ...

Managed by Q (@ManagedbyQ) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Managed by Q @ ManagedbyQ ...

How do I add, edit, or delete managed placements? - YouTube
AdWords Help Center article: https://adwords.google.com/support/aw/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=112270

Self managed super warned over housing - AdelaideNow Search Search
SELF-MANAGED superannuation fund trustees have been warned against making big bets on residential property.

ASG Group adds $11.3m contract - bi, ASG Group, Department of Housing, Managed Services, consulting ...
IT services provider, ASG Group, has concluded another contract in Western Australia, this time with the Department of Housing for about $11.3 ...

Superannuation Guide - Self-Managed Superannuation Funds
What is a self-managed superannuation fund?

Rising unemployment: self-managed funds to the rescue
Government advisors can now see big unemployment pressures in 2015-16. Unique policies involving bank regulation and self-managed funds will ...

Parliament contracts poorly managed, in-house food under fire: audit
A new report has attacked DPS over its management of $62.8 million worth of contracts, saying the business cases for the majority of them don't ...

IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Managed Print Services 2011 Hardcopy Vendor Analysis