what is Ispostback==false

0
rupeshs

IsPostBack== false - Means it works for first time form load.  it does not work  when button is clicked .

IsPostBack== true - Means it does not work for first time form load. It works when button is clicked.

 Vinay

Vinay Kumar Sinha
.net Sr. Developer
Hyderabad
0
vinayget
2/12/2009 7:50:39 AM

As the property name implies, isPostback==false means the page has not been posted back----------> means the page is loading for the first time.

So when firsttime you are requesting for the page isPostback=false at that point of time.

If you pree refresh button, this also means you are requesting for the page for the first time.

If your page has a server side button control and whern you click that, you land to the same page but a post back occurs. At that point of time for that page IsPostback==true as the page has been posted back to theserver..

Am i clear enough?

Joydeep Sen
Dotnet Developer

Dont forget to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helped you.
This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers

0
joydeepsen
2/12/2009 7:51:29 AM

If IsPostback is false then you know that the user is requesting the page for the first time. If it is true then you know that the user has click on some control on the page.

0
jithin76
2/12/2009 7:52:24 AM
Page.IsPostBack Is used to check if the user posted back to the page. Meaning they clicked a button or changed a field in the form that causes it to post back to itself.
Putting Not usually is used to check the initial load of the page.
You only need to fill databound fields on the initial load, so you put all your databinding code in the Not page.IsPostBack. The values are saved in the viewstate and can only be read by the form if it gets posted back to itself.
So, if it is a postback dont do databinding if its not a postback do databinding.
0
jithin76
2/12/2009 7:52:34 AM

the page is loading for first time

0
karthic_85

Gets a value indicating whether the page is being loaded in response to a client postback, or if it is being loaded and accessed for the first time.

If IsPostback is false then you know that the user is requesting the page for the first time. If it is true then you know that the user has click on some control on the page.

Regards

Arathi

0
arathi
2/12/2009 8:00:06 AM

 With PostBack we mean response to client's request. IsPostBack property of asp.net page indicates whether the page is being loaded in response to a client postback, or if it is being loaded and accessed for the first time. When page is being loaded accessed for the first time, IsPostBack is set to false;

 Read more from here

Please mark as answer if it helps you.

0
uniquesaiful
2/12/2009 8:01:32 AM

Hi ,

Ispostback false mean Page loads first time when we set Ispostback == true it means on click of other controls page is postabck to server for processing .

Ispostback == false mean Page doesnot Postback on every request.

Best Regards

life is name of learning!
Rameezwaheed
2/12/2009 8:41:52 AM

Postback is use for client and server communication.

Keep Walking...
0
shashankkale

how to get start with .NET

Getting Start With .net

How do I get started with AJAX.Net?

Getting started with JScript.NET

Getting started .net website

Getting IsPostBack as false with LinkButton
Hi All,I am using a <asp:LinkButton> in an Update panelNo when the link button is clicked, on server side I am getting, the IsPostback Property as false.If I add the link button id in PostBackTrigger then, I get the IsPostBack property as true which is as desired but it cause the page to refereshIs this the normal behavoir of LinkButton with UpdatePanel, or I need to do some thing differently.  Can any one give a suggestion?    Can you post your source code?  Why are you checking for IsPostback:  are you really trying to determine if it's ...

Getting Started Without VS.NET
Hi all, does anyone know how any online resources that can show me how to create web apps that include code-behind, and uer controls without using VS.NET? I have VS.NET in work, but would also like to do work at home, but cannot install VS.NET on my home laptop because I simply dont' have the space or processor power. Any online articles would be welcome, as will any open-source apps - I currently have SharpDevelop, but I find it unstable as it crashes my laptop alot of the time. Thanks Tryst Did you try Web Martix? It is a FREE tool from Microsoft.Regards, Narayana ...

How to get IsPostBack = False when user presses F5
User presses a button which means IsPostBack = TrueHow can I set the PostBack to False when the user subsequently presses F5 ? many thanks What do you want to accomplish? Are you doing some dataentry in postback? Thanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! When the user presses a button I would like to do some stuff in the button_click event and then display a different page in a "new" window.I can display the "new" window OK using the javascript "window.open" commandbut the only way I can get this to run (when the button is pressed) is to include ...

Newbie Question
I have a new project which has just started. One of the requirements is to generate XML files. Do I have to create schema files? Does anyone have a tutorial or sample code to help me get started. I have some background using XML, but not in .NET. Thx Mark How to create a new xml file with XmlDocument? More examples hereSonu Kapoor [MVP] Feel free to ask me any .NET question | Ajax Data Controls Forum Thanks, this is very helpful. What do I need to do extra to setup the schema for this xml file? Is the schema really necessary as well? Thx Mark You dont need to define any sc...

Getting started with mySQL Connector/Net 5.1
i have a vs2005 project which someone else built.  I need to connect to mySQL in this project. it is currently using the OleDbConnection to mySQL and I cannot make the connection, so I was told by the developer to try the the mySQL Connector/Net 5.1.  I have read the very encouraging documentation.  I am in a file called SqlDataProvider.vbI want to replace Dim objConnection As OleDbConnectionwithDim objConnection As MySqlConnection I get the blue squiggly  "MySqlConncection is undefined." I added this import to the top. Imports MySql.Da...

Getting started with .net mobile/wireless application programming
Hi friends, I am very much amateur to the world of mobile/wireless application programming that's why m is having thousands of doubts and confusion regarding the technology. My first few concerns about the terms i.e. mobile web applications vs. windows mobile applications first thing are these 2 things are same if not what are the main differences. I hope you will also show me some light how to move further ahead in this field as i m having small exp approx. 1.5 yrs in Asp.net application. Any help in the form of links, URL, code will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advanced...

Getting 3.1 to start in debug mode in vs.net 2003.
  Hi All, I have a run time version of dnn installed and working at D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dotnetnuke on my laptop. I want to be able to learn how to write DNN modules etc and so I have installed the source code in D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dotnetnuke3100\. I set the debug flag in web.config to yes..... as in the lines.. <!-- set debugmode to false for running application --> <compilation debug="true" /> I updated the solution file D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dotnetnuke3100\Solutions\DotNetNuke.All to look at localhost/dotnetnuke3100 which is my source code version. I have created the...

Web resources about - what is Ispostback==false - asp.net.getting-started