What is COM/COM+/DCOM

Hi All,

What is concept behind COM, COM+ and DCOM,
Plz discuss in detail...
Thanx in advance
Sajjad
Please Mark as Answer, if the post Solve your Problem
__________________________

Regards,
Sajjad Rizvi
C U ON NET
reply me : sajjaddotnet@yahoo.com
0
imshally81

Sajjad, please do not ask us to do your homework for you.

The following will provide you with a good start:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Component_object_model

Alister
0
SomeNewKid
6/23/2005 8:11:40 AM
but why ????

Because this forums for asking the Question....
Any thing Wrong...
(Thanx for Link)
Please Mark as Answer, if the post Solve your Problem
__________________________

Regards,
Sajjad Rizvi
C U ON NET
reply me : sajjaddotnet@yahoo.com
0
imshally81
6/23/2005 8:30:33 AM
 imshally81 wrote:
but why ????
The forums are in place to help a developer with a specific problem. For example, "How can I stop the Cancel button from activating all of the validators?" Or, "How can I get my DataSet to draw data from two separate database tables?"

Questions like these mean that the developer is stuck with a specific problem that he has been unable to solve. If we help him, he is then able to move on to the rest of his work. He is not asking us to do his work for him; he is asking us to help him get past one specific problem.

But asking what is COM and telling us to "please discuss in detail" means that the developer is not stuck with a specific problem, he is asking us to do his homework for him. The forums are not in place to relieve developers from doing their own research.

 imshally81 wrote:
Because this forums for asking the Question....
That's right. If you have a specific problem, you are very welcome to ask on the forums. That is what we are here for.

But you must (for your own sake) first try to answer the question yourself. By trying to answer the question you will "learn how to learn." If you do not learn how to learn, you will force yourself into the inenviable position of forever having to ask others for help.

Alister
0
SomeNewKid
6/24/2005 4:55:48 AM
Ok i understand...

Thanx for your Participation....

Please Mark as Answer, if the post Solve your Problem
__________________________

Regards,
Sajjad Rizvi
C U ON NET
reply me : sajjaddotnet@yahoo.com
0
imshally81

.NET to COM question ( Dictionary in COM and .NET dictionary)
 I need to write a data access code to replace the method of GetPerson() in COM data access, since the existing method is too slow. .NET can reduce the database round trips by using the dataset. The existing COM data access will stay except the GetPerson() method. So I am going to call the .NET getPerson() mehtod from the COM,  The original GetPerson() method in COM just go to data base, pull data from 7 tables and write to dictionary.  If the .NET getPerson() can populate the COM Dictionary, that would be great! I know .NET object can be directly assign t...

COM .NET Interop
Hi, I need help here.. I have this problem.I have COM VB6 that call a .NET class library, and this class library use the .NET SAP Conector to extract the information from SAP. I receive the information from SAP in a DataTable, the problem here is that I dont how to return this DataTable to VB6 COM. I made a test, and I can return a String to COM and basic types, but I dont know how to do it with this DataTable.Thanks for your helpI really appreciate. One alternative might be to add the DataTable to a DataSet and then convert the DataSet to an XML string using WriteXml(). That said, quic...

geobutton.com geoup.com, geobytes.com networldmap.com?
Do these website have the potensial for privacy 'invasion'? If you just to be on the safe side want them in your host file (I did a DNS Zone Query): # Geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 radev.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 devadmin.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 ra.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 new.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 comdev.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 buttondev.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 mail.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 www.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 image.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 dev.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 button.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 map.geoup.com # Geoup.com ...

need to remove XSRemover.com; WorldAntiSpy.com; WinHoun.com and PSGuard.com
I have a long distance friend I am trying to help remove some desktop hijackers. The info online is limited. I have found that some of those are desktop hijackers. I told the person to check Add Remove to see if those are installed and run Ad Aware Se and Spybot Search and Destroy. Is there a remover for those or a place that tells how to manually clean up the machine. -- Firewire "Firewire" <firewire@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message news:dn9m9d$m0q$1@news.grc.com... >I have a long distance friend I am trying to help remove some desktop > hij...

COM/COM+ component
Hi Does anyone have an simple example of COM/COM+ component and the way to use it ? cheer <Muriel> wrote in message news:417783cf.293.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi > > Does anyone have an simple example of COM/COM+ component and > the way to use it ? > > cheer Check the ole-ocx-activex group. There are also several examples in the help documentation. -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] ...

LSL.COM, IPXODI.COM, NET.CFG files
Hello, I need to get copies of the files: LSL.COM, IPXODI.COM, NET.CFG for a class assignment, yet I cannot find the files available for downloading on this site. Can anyone help me? thanks rainy_jumbo@yahoo.com wrote: > I need to get copies of the files: LSL.COM, IPXODI.COM, NET.CFG > for a class assignment, yet I cannot find the files available for > downloading on this site. Can anyone help me? These files are part of the old VLM clients which are still available for download here: http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/1066.html -- Marcel Cox @ Brai...

Sending to aol.com , gmail.com, and yahoo.com
I'm running GroupWise 7.0. I have a Firewall and a CISCO router. We have all SMTP traffic pointing to the local IP address of the GroupWise server. At are website hosting company we have a MX record setup to point to an open Internet IP addres from are ISP. So when someone email us it comes from the internet IP address to are firewall to are local ip address. We are having proplem send to aol.com, yahoo.com, and gmail.com. How do I solve this. Also getting some host down issue and the host that is down is are .com address. Please help I had the same issue and we h...

COM/COM+ Components
We are planning to deprecate the COM/COM+ component wizard in PowerBuilder 11.5. Alternatives are deploying your NVO as a .NET Web Service or as a .NET Assembly. Would removing this feature have an impact on you? Regards, Dave Fish Sybase PowerBuilder Blog: http://powerbuilderevangelist.blogspot.com/ Dave; By this you mean allowing PB to build a COM Server? Chris "Dave Fish [TeamSybase]" <n0Spam__dfish@sybase.com> wrote in message news:gm2j24hk7o0pedrhc3kudlg2tqdgs8hjei@4ax.com... > We are planning to deprecate the COM/COM+ component wizard i...

COM/COM+ Components
We are planning to deprecate the COM/COM+ component wizard in PowerBuilder 11.5. Alternatives are deploying your NVO as a .NET Web Service or as a .NET Assembly. Would removing this feature have an impact on you? Regards, Dave Fish Sybase PowerBuilder Blog: http://powerbuilderevangelist.blogspot.com/ Yes certanily. We are using many many COM/COM+ components. "Dave Fish [TeamSybase]" <n0Spam__dfish@sybase.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:ch2j24tdfqbfua264mmrnu2d3isrm1clug@4ax.com... > We are planning to deprecate the COM/COM+ component wizard in >...

Getting Started: DotNetNukeDocs.com
I just thought I would put a post in here referring to www.dotnetnukedocs.com for those people just starting out with dotnetnuke.Modules, Skins & Skin Objects @ www.smcculloch.net It says... coming soonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn You can also download DotNetNuke Documentation, instructions and tutorials from: http://portals.my-asp.net or access them online (no registeration) http://docnetnuke.my-asp.net. You will also find documentation for TTT Gallery and YetAnotherForum. t-dogDotNetNuke Hosting, Skins & Support Or if you dont mind contributing a few bucks to Lorraine you can have acc...

Firefox won't allow me to go to Yahoo.com. I get "page not found". I can go anywhere else, but not Yahoo.com or login.yahoo.com or any Yahoo address.
Name: Peter Priolo Email: joghelperatexcitedotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox won't allow me to go to Yahoo.com. I get "page not found". I can go anywhere else, but not Yahoo.com or login.yahoo.com or any Yahoo address. Comments: I cannot go to any Yahoo address. No problem going anywhere else, just not Yahoo. Message says "not valid address" or "page not found", something like that. I have removed from my computer all RealPlayer components, plugins and ad-ons because I heard that might be the cause. Yahoo has a message saying to d...

Hi All, Need your help to resolve my problem, I have a dll for a ChangeMangement tool (I guess this was developed using VB), when I try to register this dll, I am getting "Dll loaded, but DllRegistry entry point was not found" I am sure this dll is not corrupted one, bcz same dll I am able to refere in my server (where corresponding Tool is installed). Any one can help how to register this dll ? or how to find the dependent dlls for this? I am trying use the classes in this COM object, but when I refere in .Net and when I run the appl, I am getting CLSI was not loaded. ...

Just starting with LDAP/COM for .NET apps
Hi- We're trying to create a COM object to be used w/ our .NET applications that does user info lookups using LDAP. We currently have an NT4.0 domain, with Exchange 5.5 and withing the next 3-4 months will be moving to ADS 2003 and Exchange 2003. Can someone tell me some good references to get started, and if they know of any problems we could potentially run into with our ADS rollout. Thanks in advance! What you a looking for is Directory Services!!! Or better yet in the .NET World System.DirectoryServices. This link will take you to some code samples that will show you all of th...

Getting rid of COM reference in VB.NET
I have an ASP.NET page where I am using VB.NET to invoke Excel 2003 and populate a report. This works fine, but when I release the Excel object, the task manager shows Excel.exe still running. I used a similar routine in VB6 and didn't have this problem. Has anyone else had this problem? Keep in mind that the reports I'm generating are requested by web users, so a solution that requires using a COM routine like ReleaseComObject to realease all instances of Excel won't work for me because there could be other users requesting reports.Thanks in Advance for any help....

Web resources about - What is COM/COM+/DCOM - asp.net.getting-started