What is a "Session" and a "Request" ??

Hello,

 I'm new to ASP.Net 2.0 , and I still can't understand what is a "Session" and what is a "Request" ??

Thank You

0
Ramology

the client browser will request a page and the Request object will give you information about what page they are requesting.

the session is a statebag where you can store information that will continue to exist after the page has executed.  information can be added to the Session in page A and then read back from the Session in page B.  the session object is unique per user - so one users does not see data stored by other users.

Mike Banavige
~~~~~~~~~~~~

mbanavige
7/27/2008 11:34:40 AM

Request:
When user (client browser) asks something to the server it is called a Request. Like you click on the link that says List of Books when you click it a Request will be sent to the server that the client require the list of books to be display. In return the server sends a Response to the client.

Session:
Internet applications are stateless so once the server sends Response things are destroyed. However you have some ways to retain required information, one way is Session. When a user first time opens a website a Session with unique SessionID is created on the server which is available in all the pages of the website. You can store user specific information in the Session (avoid storing heavy data as it will be an overhead on the server). Session will not be available either if session timeout occur (which is by default 20 mins but can be changed) or user closes the browser in which the website was open.

Hope it will give you some idea.

Faraz Shah Khan
MCP, MCAD.Net, MCSD.Net, MCTS-Win/Web, MCPD-Web
Blog
0
farazsk11

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

Get "Mail"/"Get "News" / "Write"/"Post" buttons?
If the "Get Mail" button text changed to "Get News", and "Write" changed to "Post" when TB's in the news-reading mode, it would save me and probably others from constantly forgetting to make the change before proceeding. :-) Or is there an extension to do this which I don't know about? Thanks! Bob Bob P wrote: > If the "Get Mail" button text changed to "Get News", and "Write" > changed to "Post" when TB's in the news-reading mode, it would save me > and probably others...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

"-" not "_"

Replacing "\\" with "\"

"Me" is better than "You"

"Using" or "With"

double quote

replace the "." with a ","

Using "+" or "||"

"To" and "From" missing

Feature Request: "Get Extensions" and "Get Themes"
I think that when you click on the "Get Extensions" or "Get Themes" links, it should open depending on your default window-opening behavior. For example, all new windows for me open up in new tabs. However, when I click the "Get" links, they always open in new windows. I can't even find an extension to do this. How hard would this be to incorporate natively? ...

Web resources about - What is a "Session" and a "Request" ?? - asp.net.getting-started