What container (control) can hold a few controls?

Can some one give an idea?

I want to use a control as container to hold a few controls such as text box, lable and make all controls invisible once this container is invisible. So that I do not code to make all controls invisible.

I try use Panel control but it did not work this way.

0
aspfun

Use a <div> and a CSS Block that you can set to .visible = false

Bryan Sampica
Auction Site StarterKit |
My Blog
0
Freakyuno
1/8/2006 4:29:51 PM
Panel control should work please paste your code here and let's see what is going on!

HighOnCoding
Wanna get high!
0
azamsharp
1/8/2006 4:37:17 PM

Yes, panel is working after I tested it again.

Thank you.

0
aspfun

LITERAL control containing html SELECT control
on a web page written in VB.NET , I have a literal control created. It's contents is : Literal1.Text = " <select name=""addselect"" id =""addselect"" style=""width=100%"" size=""2"" maxlength=""27"" runat=server " & _ " onclick=""__doPostBack(" & _ "'addselect','')"" " & _ " language= ""javascript""> " & _ " <optgroup label="&quo...

Adding User Controls from Sting can the User Control contain a CompileWith Control directive?
I want to store my User Controls in a DB. So I working with ParseControl and passing it a string. However when I pass as string of a control with codebehind I get this error. My Code: Dim strControl1 As String = "<%@ Control Language=""VB"" AutoEventWireup=""false"" CompileWith=""Control1.ascx.vb"" ClassName=""Control1_ascx"" %>" & vbCrLf & "<div>Control 1<br /><asp:PlaceHolder ID=""Control1PlaceHolder"" Runat=""server""...

BUG: Image Controls in UpdateProgess Control: Can not use FindControl() methods to get Image
There is a single UpdateProgress control on the page. as such: <ajax:UpdateProgress  ID="UpdateProgress1" runat="server"   DisplayAfter="100" >         <ProgressTemplate>                <div style="border:2px solid #0099FF; background-color:#EFEFEF; padding:10px; width:200px; height:20px;">               Updating Panel            </div&...

User control which can contain other controls declaratively
Hi allI would like to create a user control which can contain other controls in its declarative markup, for example:<foo:MyContainerUserControl id="ctlBlah" runat="server">    <asp:TextBox id="txtTextBox" runat="server"/>    <foo:AnotherTypeOfUserControl id="ctlBoohoo" runat="server"/> </foo:MyContainerUserControl> The reason I would like to do this is that the MyContainerUserControl would be markup for a container, e.g. a fieldset or a div, and I could put other user controls in...

Custom composite contorl contains custom contols: controls collection gets empty (Or control get reinitialized) on postback.
Hi, I'm  developing a ASP .Net custom server control library. Where all the basic(Text,check,etc) controls are working well. I have developed an composite control which is more like a Tabular control with the basic custom controls in every cell. The problem is, this composite control reinitializes on post back. I 've added the custom controls (in CreateChildControls method) as cell.controls.add(customcontrol)  row.controls.add(cell) ; this.controls.add(row) Please give me a solution as early as possible IMXO. ASP.NET constructs and reinitializes&n...

Can a user control contain another user control?
...? Sincerely,remedyMCP + Senior .NET DeveloperVista: Worth every penny. Yes, of course.Bertrand----This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. yes! this's ok!no problem!...

Problem adding Calender Extender in a custom control . getting erro "The Controls collection cannot be modified because the control contains code blocks (i.e. <% ... %>). "
Hi; I am to create a custom control having a Calender extender .. Here is my CreateChildControl Method Protected Overrides Sub CreateChildControls() Dim sb As New StringBuilder Dim DateTextBox As New TextBox DateTextBox.ID = "SomeID" Me.Controls.Add(DateTextBox) Dim Extcalender As New CalendarExtender Extcalender.ID = "Ext" & DateTextBox.ID Extcalender.TargetControlID = DateTextBox.ID Me.Controls.Add(Extcalender) Extcalender = Nothing DateTextBo...

How can I get a pop-up control to release control of the panel that is popping up
I have a textbox with a pop-up extender enabled.  The pop-up is a panel with a listview.  I have the panel set-up with a drag-panel extender which works.  The only problem is that when the panel pops up, and I drag the popped-up-up panel anywhere, when I realease the mouse, it goes right back to where it popped up. Is there a work around for this? Jayhawker, This is a dragpanel thing, and it isn't a big deal, fortunately.  Think of your webpage as having a workspace; if the dragpanel is dropped oustide of the workspace, then it snaps back, but if it is dropped in...

can't get control toolkit controls onto my toolbar
Please forgive me if I am being stupid - I'm new to ASP.NET. I am trying to install the AJAX Control Toolkit in Visual Web Developer Express Edition. I have unzipped the sample website and copied the AjaxControlToolkit.dll over to the bin directory of my website, but the controls do not appear in my toolbar. I only have the general AJAX extensions. What else do I need to do to install them? There are setup instructions on this page: http://ajax.asp.net/ajaxtoolkit/Walkthrough/Setup.aspx. Hope that helps,  Scotthttp://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/ Apologies - I was being stupid. ...

How to get a handle on a user control from the code behind of the page holding the control?
I have a .aspx page that uses a .ascx page. So a web form with a server control(.ascx) on it. Basically the control has about four drop down listboxes on it. Lets call them ddlOne, ddlTwo, etc. My question, is how do I access the drop down listbox in the C# code behind file for my web form?(.aspx) So for example how would I access ddlOne which is the drop down listbox on the user/server control? Please help? You could expose them as read-only properties of the usercontrol.  In the codebehind of the usercontrol, you could add: Public ReadOnly Property DDL1() As DropDownList ...

Can't get the accordian control to work, and a lot of other controls
When I drag an accordian control onto my web page, it only forms an box that is 0px in width and height, I can then resize it, which gives me a completely blank box that I can do nothing with.  I can edit the properties, and add accordian panes, but nothing shows up in the box.  If I switch to source view, and then back to design view, I get this error message:Error Creating Control - Content 1  Type 'AjaxControlToolkit.Accordion' does not have a public property names 'AccordianPane'What am I doing wrong?  Hi Guitarmonster! it seams that accordion control doesnt work a...

Can't get property from a User Control inside a Repeater control
I have a public property inside my usercontrol which I set inside the Repeater.ItemDataBound event as follows:<code>If blnFirstTime Then            Dim lblstrDate As Label = DirectCast(e.Item.FindControl("lblPressReleaseDate"), Label)            blnFirstTime = False            strDate = lblstrDate.Text        End If</code>After the user control finishes databinding, I want to take th...

Web resources about - What container (control) can hold a few controls? - asp.net.getting-started

Container - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Giant container island plan for Port Phillip Bay in bid to boost port sale value
A giant artificial island for container ships to dock at could be built in Port Phillip Bay, just off the coast of Williamstown, as part of secret ...

Cape Breton rail line could be saved if Sydney container terminal is built
The owner of the Cape Breton and Central Nova Scotia rail line is "in discussions" with the consultants hired to develop Sydney harbour, to gauge ...

Review: OpenShift 3 rocks Docker containers
Last year OpenShift 2 was my favorite open source PaaS . I said at the time, “OpenShift is outstandingly easy to use, manage, and install, and ...

Twistlock Aims to Shore Up Container Security With New Offering
The new offering, now generally available, is designed to go beyond best practices configuration for container security to provide improved runtime ...

Don't Panic, Container Software Can Be Shipped Safely
In the world of software application development, container technology is big news. But what is it, why is it a useful approach and is it safe? ...

Google Cloud gains security for Docker containers
With Twistlock Container Security Suite, businesses can apply security controls and defenses to containers without involving developers

Architects transform old shipping containers into an edgy concert hall
Read the rest of Architects transform old shipping containers into an edgy concert hall

Stock Up on Cheap Containers to Give Guests Thanksgiving Leftovers
... spirit of the holiday going, but can leave you without a lot of dishes. When you stock up on last minute groceries, grab a set of cheap containers ...

Hottest application container products from DockerCon
DockerCon This week application container enthusiasts descended upon Barcelona, Spain to see the latest and greatest from the fast-growing container ...