 Hello  i am new to this .net stuff and i was ask on the job interview what a web services is?

and if i did not know given that i had a project ( as a project manager,  or a web developer)

what  is it?

how do i start a >NET project on it?

what are the main advantages is?

HOW DO I START THIS IN THE INTERVIEW>  and what basic books do i buy?

0
silviasalsa

Hi There,

There plenty of source on the net about webservice

Definiton:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_service

http://www.codeproject.com/Purgatory/Defining_Web_Services.asp

Example:

http://www.codeproject.com/soap/BeginnerWebService.asp

http://www.ondotnet.com/pub/a/dotnet/synd/2001/09/10/asp.html

Hope this is help

DC517
This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved.
0
d4dennis
7/16/2007 3:53:53 AM

Here is some information on what are web services, and how web service differs from remoting

http://www.dotnetuncle.com/Difference/42_web_service_remoting.aspx

Cheers!

Vishal Khanna
.NET Interviews & FAQs @ www.dotnetUncle.com

Click Mark as Answer if the reply helped you.
0
moredotnet
7/16/2007 5:20:58 AM

http://www.developerfusion.co.uk/show/3114/

 http://www.w3schools.com/webservices/default.asp

Ravi |   Share Knowledge   |   Online messengers
0
ravipahuja1

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

Is web services a part of web Service?

New to web services, why does PB10 web service proxy wizard say there are no services?
here... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl oops typo... still doesn't show any services though... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/2005-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl "Chance" <chance@booklog.com> wrote in message news:43b44cb3$1@forums-1-dub... > here... > > http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl > Upgraded to 10.2x and now seems to be working...at least it created the proxy. "Chance" <chance@booklog.co...

What action by a web service requires an app to update their web reference to a Web Service
I create a web reference to a web service in my aspx web application which returns an XML object. If the owner of the web service makes a change to their object am I required to do an update web reference? What if I dont use the information from the new object? thanks Larry You should make the change only if the contract b/w the two has changed (e.g. parameters, return values), etc.-Mathew Nolton Website=www.cybral.com Email=mnolton@cybral.com Blog=weblogs.asp.net/mnolton If the web service now returns a new element and my class reference doesn't match their new class ref...

Web Service invoking another Web Service
hello, I have a web service and I have to consume another web method of some other web service. I have to do everything through code. [I cannot use "Add Web Reference" utility in the VS.NET]. I am using C# for coding the web service. Thanks in advance. Phanikum Yep, You could do that! Basically you have to use WSDL.exe http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cptools/html/cpgrfWebServicesDescriptionLanguageToolWsdlexe.asp Once you have proxyclass in a file from WSDL.EXE, make an assembly and use that in your app! Sreedharhtt...

Changing URL in web.config for web service
I added a web reference to asmx file. In web.config - it adds - undefinedadd key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test/CoreServices.asmx I then change it to <add key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test2/CoreServices.asmx"/> But CoreService.CoreServices still looks for http://test/CoreServices.asmx.  What else do i have to change? I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ So no ...

Can you call a web service from a web service?
I am trying to create a web service that itself consumes a 3rd party web service outside of our corporate firewall - so basically a web service consuming another web service.  I can consume this outside web service directly in an ASP.NET application without a problem.  But because the code is long and cumbersome, I wanted to provide our GUI developers an easy way to get all of the data they need from one source.  So I thought I could create an internal web service that would do a lot of things (query internal systems, for example) as well as consuming this external service.&nb...

Troubleshoot Web Service; Ajax AutoComplete events do not appear to not fire; Ajax web service appears to not work. .NET
Folks, I had the situation that Ajax AutoComplete events in the web service did not fire after I copied a project out of a folder, renamed it and moved it to a server. The fix was hard to find but easy to solve. I had some web service modules in an ASMX file that provided AutoComplete entries -- i.e., after the user keys in 2 or 3 characters, the list of possible entries with those leading characters is displayed for the user to select. To solve the problem, look at the web service's directive, not the code-behind or the ASMX designer.  Do a right-mouse-click...

Web resources about - what are web services and what are the advantages of web services? - asp.net.getting-started

Comparative advantage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In economics , the theory of comparative advantage refers to the ability of a person or a country to produce a particular good or service at ...

How Facebook Pages Can Take Advantage Of Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Cyber Monday
Now that the Halloween costumes have been put away and all of the candy has been eaten, Thanksgiving is the next big holiday on tap, as well ...

1 powerful tactic allows businesses to take advantage of Facebook’s new mobile game publishing platform ...
... and mobile sites. Facebook will also give developers access to analytics tools as well. This is an innovative way for businesses to take advantage ...

VA Advantage (@VAAdvantage) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here VA Advantage @ VAAdvantage ...

Google : What perks would you take advantage of if you had one last month at Google?
Answer (1 of 2): I can think of two. One that most people will think of as a perk, one that they won't (but should). 1. Use your massage coupons/credits. ...

Prudential Advantage Realty for iPad on the App Store on iTunes
Get Prudential Advantage Realty for iPad on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

GRUBER: "Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage." - YouTube
Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber bragging about deceiving the American people, who he thinks are stupid. DATE: October 17, 2013 SOURCE: h ...

UAE should exploit its major advantages in ecosystems
An economic ecosystem is the web of resources and rules that helps an invention - the "eureka!" moment - become a useful product, service or ...

In Search of the Long-Term Archiving Solution —Tape Delivers Significant TCO Advantage over Disk - ARN ...
The source for IT industry news, views and analysis across the channel, business and technology

City perks with hometown advantage
Living in regional or rural Australia doesn't mean you have to miss out on the tertiary qualification you want.