What additional advantage we get through System.net.mail over the old system.web.mail?

What additional advantage we get through System.net.mail over the old system.web.mail?

Is it needed to configure the smtp server? Plz tell me the steps to develop the email sending facility in our application

Swati Jain

0
Swati

Take a look at www.systemnetmail.com.

Jeff

jeff

System.web.mail to System.net.mail
I converted a asp.net web app from VS 2003 to VS 2005. i now get error message when i build it  stating system.web.mail  is obsolute,  use system.net.mail i redefine to system.net.mail but now i get other error message such as smtpMail does not exist in the current context. cannot implicitly convert type string to System.Net.Mail.MailAddress   so System.Web.Mail want work in ASP.net web app convert to VS 2005 running on framework 2.0?           because if i change to System.Net.Mail  i am ...

Migrating from System.web.mail to System.net.mail
Hi Every1,I've recently used the System.web.mail to send mail, using the IIS's smtp server.Doing this, i didn't really need to do anything in the web.config file or give any special parameters to the client. It just assumed i was working with my very own smtp service that came with the IIS and everything worked fine.Now i migrated to System.net.mail and now i need to insert my smtp service's host location under <system.net> in the web.config file.However, i don't know what to write there so the client will use my smtp sevice (host="localhost" doesn't work)can any1 help me on this one?t...

Changing System.Web.Mail to System.Net.Mail
I am trying to learn ASPI have been using the Visual Web Developer 2005I have the following line that I can not work out how to convert.<%Dim FromForm As String = "Mail@Myname.co.uk"Dim ToMe As String = "Me@myname.co.uk"Dim FormSubject As String = "Contact Infomation"Dim EmailText As String = "Blar Blar Blar"System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(FromForm,ToMe,FormSubject,EmailText)%>It tells me that I cannot use System.Web.Mail any more and should use System.Net.Mail. I have been unable to work out what the new code should be to get it to work.The Language is VBCan anyone tell me how to change...

System.Web.Mail vs System.Net.Mail
Hi AllI was using System.Web.Mail in an application on our test server.  That worked fine.  I never had to specify a server or change any settings.  It just works.  Whatever settings the server has set up are used.  This is great.I saw that System.Web.Mail has been deprecated, so I'm trying to use System.Net.Mail.  I'm having a problem.  Net.Mail doesn't use whatever settings Web.Mail used.  I can't send e-mail with Net.Mail.  I see several people use the web.config file to set the server up, but I can't get that to work. I jus...

switching from system.web.mail to system.net.mail
I have been converting my code from system.web.mail to system.net.mail.  I have been able to convert the to, from, cc, and message body to the new format easily but...my question is how do i convert this into system.net.mail format?SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "server";                SmtpMail.Send(mail);Would this be the solution?SmtpClient client = new SmtpClient("server");                client.Send(mail); Here's a full example of how to per...

Working with System.Web.Mail but not with System.Net.Mail
Hi, i am having trouble sending e-mails using System.Net.Mail namespace while there is no problem with System.Web.Mail. I am  using remote smtp server with no authentication.  My code as shown below:1 try2 {3 MailMessage message = new MailMessage();4 message.BodyFormat = MailFormat.Html;5 message.To = "admin@mydomain.com";6 message.From = "test@mydomain.com";7 message.Subject = "Test Smtp";8 message.Body = "TestMail 123";9 10 SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "mail.mysmt...

difference between System.Web.Mail and System.Net.Mail
What is difference between System.Web.Mail and System.Net.Mail  namespace?What is use of both ? System.Web.Mail was in .NET Framework v1.1System.Net.Mail is in .NET Framework v2.0 and greaterSame use, although there is more functionality in System.Net.Mail since it is a later version of the framework. Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you!  What All-Star said. I assume the reason it was moved to a different namespace is because the internet is actually a suite of technologies: e-mail, ftp, http (web), etc. E-mail and...

Help for Visual web dev isolate system.web.mail to system.net.mail
Hi all,  I'm new user to visual web developer express software. Laterly i found this application isolate quite some of the component namespace, like system.web.mail to net.mail. I not well understand how system.net.mail functional?? Does it act same as system.web.mail?? My coding below: change system.web.mail to system.net.mail which causing a lot error... *****Can anybody correct me or advise me how to make this code work in system.net.mail?????? <%@import Namespace="System.net.Mail" %> <script runat="server">    Public FromAddress As String = "" .......

get mail using System.Net.Mail
How can i get Email usign System.Net.Mail ?? Hello poloxy  ,the System.Net.Mail used only for sending emails and not to receive them.Read the full documentation at  MSDN Library http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.net.mail.aspx  Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you SO how can I receive mail ? Try one of these pop3 librarieshttp://www.codeproject.com/info/search.aspx?artkw=pop3  Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you HI,   if you want to send email by using System....

Converting from System.Web.Mail to System.Net.Mail
Hi there, I'm from Argentina. I've converted System.Web.Mail (code is underlined) to System.Net.Mail (code is Bold) . I'd like to know if it's correct. Thanks !!public uint enviar()        {            try            {                // Abrir el archivo que contiene el template del HTML.                // Envia el mail con el HTML.&nbs...

Problem with difference between System.Web.Mail and System.Net.Mail in using attachments
I have a web .Net app which sends emails with attachments.  After the email is sent I clean up aftermyself and delete the attachments from disk.   In upgrading to .Net 2  I changed the email logic from using system.web.mail to system.net.mail  (of course vs is telling me system.web.mail is obsolete).In .Net 1.1,  the files deleted with no problem but in .Net 2 when I attempt to delete  I receive The process cannot access the file ...' because it is being used by another process. If I change the code back to using system.web.mail I can delete the file...

Value of type 'System.Net.Mail.MailMessage' cannot be converted to 'System.Net.Mail.AlternateView'

System.Net.Mail is giving error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'string' to 'System.Net.Mail.MailAddress'
I'm getting an error while trying to use the wizard to create a form and than pass it the vaibles to Mail. Any help would be much appreciated. SmtpClient smtpClient = new SmtpClient(); MailMessage message = new MailMessage(); try {   message.From = txtEmail.Text; message.To.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.Subject = "Feedback"; message.CC.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.CC.Add("admin2@yoursite.com"); message.IsBodyHtml = false; message.Body = txtMessage.Text; smtpClient.Send(message); lblStatus.Text = "Email successfully sent."; } catch (Exception ex) { lbl...

System.Web.Mail.MailMessage.UrlContentBase in System.Net...
Is there an equivalent of UrlContentBase and UrlContentLocation in System.Net.*??The views, opinions, and judgments expressed in this message are solely those of the author. The message contents have not been reviewed or approved by Convergence Communications Consultants....

Web resources about - What additional advantage we get through System.net.mail over the old system.web.mail? - asp.net.getting-started

Category:Articles needing additional references from November 2011 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ...

Michael E. Mann - Some additional thoughts about Muller... - Facebook
Some additional thoughts about Muller and 'BEST': Muller's announcement last year that the Earth is indeed warming brought him up to date w/ ...

BranchOut raises additional $25M for professional networking app
BranchOut , a professional networking app built on top of Facebook, announced today that it raised $25 million in a Series C round lead by Mayfield ...

Swytch - Additional Numbers for Calls & Texts on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Swytch - Additional Numbers for Calls & Texts. Download Swytch ...

TSA Interaction @ DIA Additional Body Screening After Landing???? - YouTube
They tried to get me to do additional screening of my Body after I was already off the plane and headed out of the airport. I ended up leaving ...

AGL faces delays, additional conditions after BTEX chemicals detected
AGL's coal seam gas ambitions in the Gloucester area have been dealt a double blow with the launch of two government investigations into the ...

Making additional contributions to super
Can I make additional contributions to super if the account is in the pension phase

Hunt for additional Paris attacker
FRENCH authorities are now hunting at least one additional attacker after surveillance video showed three men in a car used for an assault on ...

Pistorius to face additional gun charges
Sky News is Australia's leader in 24-hour news. South African Paralympic champion Oscar Pistorius is facing two additional gun-related charges ...