Website not accessible from other computer in network

Hi,
Website not accessible from other computer in network.
Website is running fine on my system , but I donot find any reason why it is not accessible from other computers.

My system is running on Windows XP

Thanks in advance.

My Blog: DotNetError@BhatiaWorld

BhatiaWorld

Is there a firewall on your machine? Have you configured your IIS to allow Anonymous users to visit the website?

Regards

Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCT
Microsoft MVP - Telerik MVP
0
haidar_bilal
10/25/2005 5:48:47 AM
have you tried to access by IP and port (e.g. http://10.0.0.150:80/page.aspx ) and check if your AV program isn't blocking network access (kaspersky, NAV, and PC-cillin uselly does that)
10x

Noluck
0
noluck

Anonymous access is checked in IIS settings.
Iam not using any firewall and not able to connect through IP address.

Iam able to connect others system in network (Http).

Anyway thanks for help.

My Blog: DotNetError@BhatiaWorld

BhatiaWorld
10/25/2005 2:49:17 PM
I'd be willing to bet the Windows Firewall is running, this seems to be the most common issue in local IIS not working as expected.

Right Click on "My Network Place" on your desktop, and choose "Properties"
Right Click on the adapter that connects you to your LAN and choose "Properties"

Click the Advanced tab and click the "settings" button in the Windows Firewall section.

You have 2 options here, you can either just turn it off, or set up an exception to allow port 80 through.

If it already is off, can you ping your web server from the LAN computers command prompt?

Bryan Sampica
Auction Site StarterKit |
My Blog
0
Freakyuno
10/25/2005 3:34:58 PM

A few questions:

1) What error are you getting when you try to connect?
2) Are you able to successfully ping the IIS computer from another computer?
3) What browser are you using to connect?
4) What happens if you use http://pcname.domainname/?
5) Are you using IIS to host the pages, or are you developing in Web Matrix and using its integrated web server to view the files? (this only allows connection via localhost).

0
abg

Its running now.
Thanks to all.
Freakyuno its a great help.

Disabling firewall solve my problem.

My Blog: DotNetError@BhatiaWorld

BhatiaWorld

Web resources about - Website not accessible from other computer in network - asp.net.getting-started

File:Handicapped Accessible sign.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
450 mm by 450 mm (18 in by 18 in) Handicapped Accessible sign, made to the specifications of the 2004 edition of Standard Highway Signs (sign ...

Facebook Updates Graph API To Make Data More Accessible To Developers
Developers were pleased with Thursday’s improvements to Facebook’s Graph API , which allows them to access data in the social graph quicker and ...

Making Facebook Accessible for Everyone
von Kathy H. Chan, Montag, 6. April 2009 um 16:02 Carl Augusto is the President and CEO of the American Foundation for the Blind, a U.S.-based ...

Accessible Podcast (@accessibleshow) on Twitter

Accessible othello on the App Store on iTunes
Get Accessible othello on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Keep Abortion Safe, Legal & Accessible
Explore World Can't Wait's photos on Flickr. World Can't Wait has uploaded 2025 photos to Flickr.

LIBYA Susan Rice: Embassy Attack By Extremists Is Spontaneous, Heavy Weapons Accessible - YouTube
How To Go To Heaven: http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/how_to_be_saved.html http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/16/world/middleeast/attack-by-fringe ...

Coles to make online shopping site more accessible following disability discrimination case
Supermarket giant Coles has agreed to improve its online shopping website so that it can be more easily accessed by blind people, after being ...

Games for the blind: making mobile fun accessible to everyone
A Victorian game designer is part of a larger movement creating video games for blind and vision impaired players, using everyday technology ...

Bruce Maguire still fighting to make websites accessible to people with disabilities
Most people who look back at the Sydney Olympics do so with pride. But for Bruce Maguire, 57, it was an event he'll never forget for all the ...