Web User Control Not rendering in Web Form

I have created a Web User control that is made up of a Multiview with 2 views inside the Multiview. I have buttons on both views and a gridview on 1 view. My question is when I drop this Web User Control on a Web Form all I see is [MultiView"MultiView1"] and when I view the from in the browser I dont see the Web User Control. I was wondering if someone could please tell me why the Web User Control is not displaying or rendering.

Thanks In Advance

0
HallieBerry

Please check your aspx file for correct reference, like following example:

TestControl.ascx:

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="TestControl.ascx.cs" Inherits="TestControl" %>
<asp:Button ID="btnTest" runat="server" Text="Include Test Button" />

 Default.aspx

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>
<%@ Register src="~/TestControl.ascx" TagName="Test" TagPrefix="T" %>
<head runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
        <T:Test ID="test1" runat="server" />
    </form>
 http://forums.asp.net/t/1296184.aspx
If I have understood your meaning, please feel free to let me know directly.

Best Regards,
Bober Song
--------------------------------
Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you
0
Bober

Getting the Selected Item of dropdownlist inside Web User Control on a Web Form
Ive got a dropdownlist control inside a web user control called Entity.ascx. This web user control is on a webform.aspx. In Entity.ascx class I created a SelectedEntity property that returns the selected item in the dropdownlist. Inside webform.aspx when btnGo is pushed I set a string and pass it in the url. I am trying to get the entity they selected via the property (SelectedEntity) inside Entity.ascx. As the SelectedEntity property tries to return the selected item in the dropdownlist I get this error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance...

Web User Control to Web User Control...

Web Form and Web User Control
Hello, I have a Web User Control (ascx) that includes a button. This button has an onclick event method. This Web User control is included into a Web Form. (thru LoadControl). However, when I click on the button, the event method is not executed. What should I include in order it works fine? Thanks in advance. GAA. Using Loadcontrol is using dynamic controls and when using dynamic controls you must recreate the same dynamic controls ono postback to econstruct the page control tree. It is best if you do this during the Page PreInit event. How complex are your controls ...

custom web user control and web form

web controls and web user control

Pass data from Web User Control to Web Form
I have a Web Form that contains a Web User Control. The WUC displays dynamic content. I want to change the TITLE property of the Web Form, based on the contents of the WUC. For example, if the WUC displays information about Horses, I want to change the page title to "HORSES" by passing the string to the parent Web Form. I have tried playing with parameters and such, but I can't remember how I did this in the past. PLEASE HELP!~o0 Spin-Monkey Oo~ The best way to do this is by creating a public property on your web user control and accessing that from your web form. Check ...

validate Textbox in Web User Control from web form?
ASP.NET 2.0 I have a web user control that contains a textbox.  I need to add some validation (like requiredfieldvalidator, comparevalidator, etc). I would normally add the validator to my web user control by placing the validator next to my textbox.  However, I need the validation message somewhere else on my web form, not near the user control. So how would I associate a validation control on my web form with the text box inside my web user control?  Can this be done; any alternatives out there? Thanks!   The error message should occur wherever you place the vali...

Access a Web User Control Method from a Web Form
I'm trying to pass the Selected Index value from a web user control in a web form to the user controls selectedIndexchanged Sub.  I can't seem to figure out how to pass the information that I need to the user control and have it execute the sub routine. In the SelectedInedxChanged Sub I have a switch Statement and I want to get the index value from the web form where the user control is located and compare it to each case and then to have it execute the code for the case that it matches. What do I need to do? Hi, I am not sure if I understood your question correctly. I su...

Interaction between Web User Control & Web form
Ok, I want to create my first Web User Control which is used for file uploading. It's very simple, consist only of the <asp:FileUpload> and <asp:Button> control. The button has one server side event which is resizing the uploaded image to two different images (stored as byte[] in the cs file). So, my question is how I can send these two arrays of type byte to the Web form where the web user control is inside. I thought it should be possible to write something like this in the Web form:<uc1:FileUploader ID="uploader" runat="server" OnUploaded="recieveImages" />So that means ...

Access SqlDataSource on Web Form from a Web User Control...
Hello, I want to access a SqlDataSource on a Web Form fromout. a Web User Control. To do this, I have in my code behind of the Web User Control the folowing code: DropDownList1.DataSource = (this.Page.FindControl("SqlDataSource3") as SqlDataSource);DropDownList1.DataTextField = "Name;DropDownList1.DataValueField = "NameIDropDownList1.DataBind(); But, the control (ic. SqlDataSource3) is not found. Even other controls like labels and buttons are not found with the FindControl. What am I doing wrong? Thanks Andromedaris     This is not much of a surprise,...

Persisting data in a web user control, which contains a list of other web user controls.
 Hi All, I have a control I've created, which can have a number of child controls - also user controls - stored as an ArrayList, which can be added wither a design time or programmatically.My problem is when I add to the list programmatically, it doesn't persist them. So if I add 3 child controls in step 1 of a wizard, with the aim that those three will be visible inside the parent in step 3, what happens is that the parent has no child controls and the item count is 0.Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.Code:Parent Control Markup: <%@ Control Language="C#" Auto...

Retreiving a value from a web form within a web user control
Hi  I have a page (web form) that retreives some data from a database. To be more specific: at some point when user clicks a button (in the web form) there is some ID number retreived from a database in code behind. At the same time the Visible property of the nestet web user control is chamged to true. I want than forward the ID to the web user control so that a grid view can load data from a database for that ID. How can I access that data (the ID) within a web user control context nested in that page?  Kind regards   Check this ;ink  http://www.codeproject.com/K...

Web resources about - Web User Control Not rendering in Web Form - asp.net.getting-started

Color rendering index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The color rendering index ( CRI ), sometimes called color rendition index , is a quantitative measure of the ability of a light source to reveal ...

Rendering Facebook Connect in Other Languages
Rendering Facebook Connect in Other Languages

apple cupertino rendering 3 by Shay Levanon and Amir Levanon - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
issuu.com/amirlevanon/docs/cupertinoapple2030?mode=window...

iPhone 5 Renderings Based on Leaked Parts - YouTube
This is a CAD rendering of the upcoming new iPhone 5, based upon available sources of supposed leaked parts. More information and many more renderings ...

Pop singer whose smooth rendering of country music made her a star
Patti Page offered a soothing counterpart to the revolutionary new sound of rock'n'roll.

Boston 2024 Olympic Designs & Renderings Released [PHOTOs] - BostInno
Boston's possible bid for the 2024 Summer Olympics cleared a major hurdle on Thursday night, when the United States Olympic Committee selected ...

Google Chrome/OS to use new rendering engine ‘Blink’ based on predecessor Webkit
In a surprise announcement made at the Chromium Blog today, Google announced that Chrome OS, Chrome, and Opera will use a new rendering engine ...

This is where Apple will give keynotes in a few years and a hundred other Campus 2 renderings
[ Cupertino.org ] Related Articles Apple CFO Peter Oppenheimer sends brochure to Cupertino neighbors inviting feedback on new ‘Campus 2′ Apple ...

New renderings released of proposed NFL stadium in Inglewood
New renderings have been released of St. Louis Rams&#39; owner Stan Kroenke&#39;s proposed &#36;1.86-billion venue at the former Hollywood Park ...

Congress is great … at ducking issues, rendering itself irrelevant
According to the Associated Press, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell "grudgingly" conceded this week that he and his fellow Republicans ...