my first time on the forum here so please be gentle :)
I downloaded WebMatrix just 2 days ago and I have been doing the WebMatrix walk throughs with gusto the last couple of days. I was runing through this project
"Build an End-to-End Application (with VB.NET)"
with everything running perfectly every step of the way until the very last page.
At first the login page just kept returning to itself no matter what I did... and then a few tests and re-inspections later I started to get this error in my browser ->
"Unable to find script library '/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js' Try placing this file manually, or reinstall by running 'aspnet_regiis -c'."
I can see this file on my drive in what surely must be the right place.
it's also found here...
"C:\Program Files\ASP.NET\Client Files\system_web\1_1_4322\WebUIValidation.js"
I have restarted the PC and tried it again and then I've re-installed WebMatrix.
Anyone got a clue for me please? Keep in mind I had no errors until the very last page.
Yeah, you have to run this: aspnet_regiis -c
Exactly as it is typed. This should fix your installation by copying the files over to the required folders. If that doesn't work, you can also try -i. You may have to navigate to the executable in the command prompt. You can do a search on your hard-drive for aspnet_regiis.exe.
"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4).
I tried exactly what you suggested. I found the aspnet_regiis.exe in 2 locations
The one in the i386 folder won't run and the other appears to run fine. I tried the -c & -i switches and a few others, I've rebooted and restarted the application and all that I can think of as a realistic soluthion but still the problem exists. I can confirm that the files are here C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\1_1_4322\WebUIValidation.js
Any other suggestions?
I'm not sure - but check out this link , about 4 posts down - they talk about a problem after doing aspnet service pack 1 - which is on windows update..
hope that helps
Hope That Helps
All that wander, are not lost...
What were we talkin bout
Guys I tried about 500 different things,
I did the aspnet_regiis.exe -i -c -ae etc,
I have copies of the folder everywhere aspnet_client\system_web\1_1_4322,
I got the dotnet 1.1 sp1 installed (NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe)
Finally I tried uninstalling the dotnet framework and reinstalling it and this seems to have worked out ok. Bare in mind that I have no idea how this problem got started, all seemed to be fine one minute and then the next all gone bezerko.
I'm a total nube to asp.net (bar my extensive vb experience) so I don't really know what's happening but that's how I got out of it.
Thanks for the help and hopefully it will have helped others too. It seems to be quite a common faith.