Web Form vs. Web Content Form

If you don't mind, I would like to know what is the difference between those two items, when I go to add a new item I see both of those and I don't know what the difference is.

0
elbasha

A content form is for use with a masterpage. A web form is a standalone web page. If you select web content form, you will then have to specify a masterpage for it.

0
HeartattacK
9/28/2008 6:40:44 AM

and what is a master page used for?

0
elbasha

a master page is used to give a constant look and theme to a site, without having to duplicate code. So basically you can put your header, menu, nav and footer on a master page. Then all pages which inherit from it will have those items automatically. This means if you need to change a meu item for example, you change it on the master page and all the pages will get the changes.

JC

Please mark the post(s) that helped you as the answer. You get points, the poster gets points, and also the answer is then there to show anyone else how your problem was solved.
0
JohnAClee
9/28/2008 5:36:09 PM

elbasha:

and what is a master page used for?

read this information here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wtxbf3hh.aspx

harrifer

Here is your solution:

Group1: WebForm

Group2: Master Page

Master page is nothing but a common page which holds a common content so that you can use it across multiple pages. That means if you want to display menu on 3-4 pages, you can write the code into master page and use it on all pages. This way you don't have to write same code again and again on all 3-4 pages.

Group2: Web Content Form

This is also another type of form which exists with master page, Basically content page is the page which holds un-common content where master page contains common content among lets say 3-4 pages. You get <asp:content> tag in this type of page.

There are many other differences, I have not mentioned here. Above is the most basic difference I could show.

I hope this solves your problem, If it does PLEASE MARK IT ANSWER.

Thank you

0
abhishek_damle
9/28/2008 7:07:45 PM

Oh, i was looking for something like that for the longest time.  Thanks a lot for the information!

0
elbasha
9/28/2008 8:05:35 PM

elbasha:

and what is a master page used for?

Seriously dude, just do a live search, or google search or whatever for "Masterpage" and asp.net. It's one of THE major additions of asp.net 2.0. I seriously believe you'd have got your answer much much faster had you just searched for it.

For extensive details, check this out:

http://www.asp.net/learn/master-pages/

It's right there when you click the "learn" link at the top of this very page Wink

0
HeartattacK
9/28/2008 11:44:47 PM

Web Form and Web Content Form? I am afraid you meant Web User Control and not Web Content Form.

It is a good practice to place every set of related content on the page in a seperate User Control, this way you can make use of the same control in other pages in the same application.

HTH,
Regards

Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCT
Microsoft MVP - Telerik MVP
0
haidar_bilal
9/29/2008 6:17:21 AM

haidar_bilal:

Web Form and Web Content Form? I am afraid you meant Web User Control and not Web Content Form.

I think he did indeed mean "Web Form" and "Web Content Form". In a normal website, you create a content page by ticking the "Select Masterpage" checkbox when adding a page. For Web Application Projects, you need to select Web Content Form to create a content page and a Web Form to add a normal (no masterpage) page.

0
HeartattacK

Web forms and mobile web forms

Include web form inside web form

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

VB .net Web Form will not get contents of Text Box
I have created a web form with text boxes that are bound to a DataSet/DataView.  I have created button to navigate up and down the recordset.  That all works fine. I need to have the ability to edit/add text in any of the boxes and then when clicking "Save" button, it would build an UPDATE query to send to the database. When the Save button is clicked, I have coded to DIM a string var (strSQL) to use to build the SQL command.  For some reason, it will only get the text from a text box if the data was pulled the database.  If I add/edit data, then the SQL command will ha...

IN VS.Net how can i get a web form to scroll (design mode)
In design mode in VS.Net, there is a scroll bar next to the web form, but it is grayed out.  I can not figure out how to enable it.  I want to design a web form that is larger in size than the surface area shown in teh deisgn window.  Can someone help out with this?Thank you. VS design surface shows how the page is going to be rendered in the browser. Therefore, there is no 'virtual' large size. In the browser scroll bar appears if the browser window is smaller than the page content. You can make scroll bar to appear by enclosing page content in a large container e...

Web resources about - Web Form vs. Web Content Form - asp.net.getting-started

Portal:Contents/Society and social sciences - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A society is a group of people who form a semi-closed system . At its simplest, the term society refers to a large group of people sharing their ...

Bad news if you watch Netflix content from other countries: proxies will soon be blocked
There’s bad news for anyone who uses a proxy service to access Netflix content from outside their own country: the company says in a blog post ...

How to Select Sharable Curated Content
Creating and delivering fresh content on a frequent and consistent basis can be a challenge in today’s demanding digital world. Curated content ...

There’s one big way Netflix is actually spending less money on content
Netflix has said it will spend $5 billion on content in 2016 , but there is one important way it will actually spend less, according to analysts ...

You can forget about streaming US Netflix content abroad
The streaming service's catalog of TV shows and movies varies widely from country to country, but you're just going to have to deal with it. ...

You May Soon Not Be Able To Access Any International Netflix Content You Want
... day , Netflix is effectively available worldwide, it looks like the reins are going to be tightened. In a new blog post , Netflix VP of Content ...

The Marketplace of Content
... At the time, only a small fraction of people were online, and even fewer used what we know today as the web for work. Gates saw that “content ...

Android Pay’s awesome rewards program offers free content and Chromecasts
... but it’s already leading the way with a new rewards program — and it’s awesome. Dubbed “Tap 10,” the program offers up free Google Play content ...

Anonymous Content Signs Ground-Breaking Deal With Leading Arab Media Group MBC
EXCLUSIVE – Anonymous Content , arguably the hottest production company around town, has inked a ground-breaking content deal with MBC Group ...