Web form Controls vs HTML controls

Hi, can anyone explain me the difference between Web Form Controls and HTML controls? What is their usability and disadvantages? Can i write code behind HTML controls?

Thanx in advance.

0
deykasx

Yes, you just have add "runat=server", in your HTML control.

The Web Server Control, have more funtionality that the HTML controls.

With Web Server Control, you can work easy with Data. Too, you have controls as AdRotator, WebCalendar and more... : http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/

MCP Sergio Tarrillo
0
DCE_Sergio
5/21/2005 6:45:05 PM

Here are the Recommendations from Microsoft ....when to use 1 over the other ....

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/library/yatzbw3y(en-us,vs.80).aspx

ASP.Net Tips & Tricks - Jawad's Blog
0
JawadKhan
5/21/2005 7:36:53 PM
Thanx a lot ...
0
deykasx

HTML Controls vs Web Form Controls
Hi, I have a page with both controls (HTML and Web Form Controls). I am trying to use an html Calendar control and then get the date selected by the user and put into a Web form input field control. When I try to run this the HTML control cannot talk to the Web form control. Any ideas? Thanks. Can't you put some javascript in the HTML-control with which you assign the value to the ASP.NET Server control? Please post some code so I can help u. Kind Regards,ThaYoung1! Hi here is the Code. Also I added a web form text input control and an html text control and created a fu...

Web Form Server Controls Vs. HTML controls
Hi1. What is the difference between Web Form Server controls and HTML controls with runat="server" attribute.e.g. <input type="text" id="mytext" runat="server"> Vs. <asp:TextBox id="mytext" />2. Why we should not use the normal HTML control instead of Server Controls since HTML controls are rendered on client side the performance in using them will be much better that using Web form server controls. Pls. can somebody explain this.- Anand one thing i know. there are much more options for the web controls. and web controls are easier to use than the http controls. for exampl...

HTML Controls vs Web Controls
Is there a cut and dry or "best practice" answer for when to use straight HTML, the HTML controls (runat=server), or the web controls? Thanks! You could have a look here: ASP.NET Server Controls Recommendations and here, perhaps: Introduction to ASP.NET Server Controls-- Mike PopeASP.NET User EducationThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Thanks!!!...

Html controls vs. Web controls

HTML controls vs Web Controls #2
    Hi All,   What is the differnce between HTML controls and web controls?   Some of the things which could be done by web application, could also be   be done by Web Controls.   So, why HTML controls are being provided.   What is the use of that having two different controls web controls and HTML controls?   Regards Abdul      The main difference is the Web Server Controls are generated on the server side and turned into HTML and can be used in the code behind, the HTML controls are just static HTML markup. The S...

Using scripts with Web Controls vs. HTML Controls
When using <SELECT> I can use the onchange event to execute some javascript code at the top of my document. However, it appears that when I use <asp:dropdownlist> and the OnSelectedIndexChanged event that I have to post back to the server to execute any code.  Is it possible to have javascript code execute on the client side when my asp:dropdownlist is changed or do I have to use a <SELECT> statement to accomplish this?...

Mobile Web Controls vs. Web Controls
I am using VS2003 and I have realized that Mobile Web Controls are very basic and simple. So I saw in a post the way to use Web Controls inside Mobile Web Forms. Since then, I often use Web Controls instead of Mobile Web Controls. I put the Web Control inside a Mobile DeviceSpecific and put this DeviceSpecific inside a Mobile Panel. Why the Mobile Controls are so simple?  Does it happen the same in VS2005 or 2008? And, is it right to use only Web Controls inside Mobile Web Forms? Thanks. xesteban:Why the Mobile Controls are so simple?   They are simple because they suppor...

Is there any web form control that can work as IFRAME html control?????

How to get HTML control data from a web form
May sound simple but having trouble with this.  I'm dynamicly building a table and want to have a check box in each row.  I'm rendering the check box as an HTML control not an asp:CheckList.  How do I get the data from the HTML control?  Example: string prefixName, group, model;while (Reader.Read())            {                group = Reader["model_group"].ToString();          ...

html control and web control
Hi i am getting confused when i should use html controls and when i should use web controls. Any ideas? Cheers.I can do it! if you need any server side programability or events then user Web. If you want pure HTML then use HTML controls.... Is there anything in particular you are confused about? Here are a few things to consider:It's a tough question to answer without knowing the specifics of your application.HTML controls do not have as many features with their web server control counterparts.HTML controls could be a good idea if you were converting some existing web pages that used ...

Desktop Web Controls vs. Mobile Web Controls
Hi, after having a look at the posts in this forum about mobile issues, i still have some doubts. Hope someone can clarify this to me:VS2005 does not need MMIT (currently known as ASP .NET Mobile Controls) because it´s already included in 2.0 version, right?In VS2005, if i decide to build a web site to be accessible via a desktop browser or a mobile device, the right thing to do is use the asp .net web application template? In this case, the rendering is automatic depending on the device, correct?If i decide to create a web page to be accessible via a device browser, then, for now, i still h...

Web resources about - Web form Controls vs HTML controls - asp.net.getting-started

Home lost after out-of-control grassfire at Edgecombe in central Victoria
One home is lost after a fast-moving grassfire sweeps through Edgecombe in central Victoria..

Contextual and Granular Notification Controls
... written a lot about notifications, at one point calling the notifications screen “my home screen.” But I don’t like how we are forced to control ...

ESI cost control and networks
There is an interesting discussion thread on Twitter about how the way Medicare for All saves money is by significantly reducing provider, device, ...

US Democratic debate: Candidates spar on gun control
Candidates in the Democratic race for the White House hold their liveliest TV debate yet, clashing over gun control and healthcare among other ...

Doro PDF printer adds color conversion, page rotation controls
Lightweight virtual PDF printer Doro has been updated with new color conversion and page rotation settings. If the default "UseDeviceIndependentColor" ...

While No One Was Watching, Obama Took Control of the Courts
... and President Obama’s legacy.” It didn’t favor conservatives but there was a dramatic shift to the far left. The appellate is under the control ...

Sanders Backs Gun Control Legislation Ahead of Democratic Debate
Hillary Clinton's campaign calls her rival's move a "debate-eve conversion."

Apple has landed a very rare sponsorship deal to ensure it has control of the hottest ticket in San Francisco ...
Apple has signed up for the first time to become a sponsor of the Super Bowl Host Committee, Daniel Roberts at Yahoo Finance reported. It's ...

Myo armbands used to control prosthetic arm
The Myo gesture-controlled armband has been used to create a robotic prosthetic arm that can be controlled by the user's muscles.