Web app to Windows app.

I’m new at this so please bear with me. In theory, is it possible to create a .net web application that can talk to a .net windows application? What I would like to accomplish is to use a .net web app to talk to Microsoft’s Windows Media Batch Encoder. Any comments are appreciated.

Tome
0
Tome2

Determining if an app is a web app or a windows app
Hi all,  I'm writing a generic utilites class and one of the methods needs to get the physical path of the application. I know Server.MapPath("~") gets the server path of the app for windows and also that Application.ExecutablePath gets the path for windows app. Now how would i determine which app is a windows app or a web app?   Thanks in advance. add a reference to system.web and then do the following  if (System.Web.HttpContext.Current == null)            {       &...

VB.NET Data Grid, windows app to web app
Is it possible to make a Web Application Data Grid element with identical functionality as a Windows Application Data Grid? When I run the code as a windows application, it allows me to make direct edits of each database record through the data grid. When I run the code through a browser, however, it only displays the records. This is the code:Any suggestions? Inherits System.Web.UI.Page Dim connstr As String = "data source=SERVER;initial catalog=DB;user id=USER;password=PASSWORD;" Dim sqlStr As String = "SELECT * FROM Users" Dim dt As New DataTable Private Sub btnLoad_Click(B...

convert java web app 2 .NET web app
Hi, i am able to convert java console app to .NET console app.but i am unable to convert java web based application to .NET web based application. can u give me some idea as to how to convert that. Thanks in advance,nizam. I believe the technical phrase is.. rtfm?  lol.  you're going to have to do it the hard way.  JSP operates on a different theory of web development than asp.net/asp.net 2.0Kay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- Code to live, but Live to code. Try these two links for sample code and free book from Microsoft, ...

Web App unable to get same data that a sibling WinForm App gets
 Working in VS08/3.5 on project based very closely off EntLib's DataAccess QuickStart.The sln has 3 projects -   1. VB Class Library (CMS) to provide db access to the other UI projects   2. Winform (WinFormUI) - references CMS to show output to conventional WinForm (bascially I just broke the QuickStart's Winform to a seperate project and then referenced CMS)   3. WebServices app to provide SOAP output of the same db WinForm works correctly so at least I've gotten that far.The WebService app is calling the correct function in CommonData breakpoi...

connect web app to windows app
Hello folks.i want to connect web application(asp.net) to desktop application and transfer data but when some events triggered from user web browser. (for example live support packages)i know it can be done in win applications with sockets but I'm not sure for asp.net applications.Any advice/help greatly appreciated.   oh, no body knows? It is possible to wire into events on the client, but this is outside the scope of ASP.Net.  Presuming your Desktop APP is a dotnet app this is a Windows Forms question, consider posting here http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.asp...

Web app calling a windows app
How do I get my web app to open a windows program on the server side using a button click evenT? First off you'd have to give the ASPNET user execute priviledges on the server which I don't think that you want to do.NC... Hi,If the windows Program is of exe format then try with the following codeTry to include the exe in to your web folder or the ASP.NET process needs to have permissions to access the external applicationstring filePath = Server.MapPath(@"ApplicationName.exe"); System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo info = new System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo(filePath , "Arguments of th...

running windows apps in web apps
Hi all, just to check it out if there is a way to run a windows app when a button in a web app is clicked.? Hi, you're referring to what's known as smart clients. You can place a windows forms executable in the virtual folder of your webserver (IIS of course ), then create a hyperlink in your webform to the executable. If the enduser has the correct .NET framerwok installed he/she can execute the application on his/her pc. Another trick, one I recently used BTW, is to embed a winforms user control, build as .dll file, in a webform. An example can be found here: Hosting a Windows Contr...

Web app and Windows Forms app
I've done a lot of .NET web development, but I'm trying to write a Forms App.  I'm trying to populate a GridView Control with a simple "SELECT *" query, but I'm not having any luck.  I keep getting this error:"An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections." I enabled remote connections on my SQL Server, then as a test I built a local web app that conne...

Web app called by windows app...
Hey everyone,Well I have not worked with .Net at all regarding windows apps etc. What I have is a website with a secure login. My customer wants all his employees to access the secure site without knowing the user name and password, as there is a high turn over rate. Is there a good way to accomplish this?My thoughts were possibly to create a windows app they could download and execute which would basically pass encrypted parameters to our secure login page, therefore logging them in and no one being the wiser.Is this poosible?Is there a better way?Hope I explained it well!Thank youJorellz...

conversion of windows app to web-enable apps
guys i know this may sound strange but a friend of mine told me that he saw a software/application that can somehow convert windows application into a web-enabled application or at least make these windows applications accessible to the internet without rewriting the whole system... is there such a thing? Maybe he was talking about Smart Client applications?  These are still windows applications, but connect to the internet via such mechanisms as web services for data exchange.Terri MortonEngagement Manager, NeudesicHow to ask a question mr. tmorton i found something i dont ...

How to call a web app from a windows deskstop app?
 Hello,I need to call a web page from a windows application and I'm not sure how to approach this. Can anyone give me some pointers? Thanks! What do you mean by calling a webapp. Do you just want to load a website or web page in your windows application? If yes, then look into WebBrowser control. FYI, this is an ASP.NET forum.Thanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! Hi i know is not the same but there is a thread that get close to what you need :  http://forums.asp.net/p/1271833/2406416.aspx"Mark As Answer" If my reply helped you --...

Send by Windows App - Receive by Web App
Ok. I've read something about Web Services (ex. http://abstractvb.com/code.asp?A=1004).I want to make:- Windows Application which after click the button would send string to the web page - example: "Server is online" or simply Boolean "True".- Web Application will receive this string and if is "True" than on the page is displaying information that this is true till the windows application will close down.How can I get simply that what I want ?I have a problem, cause I don't know how to receive information form Win App and make to display results on other sites.  OK, let me make sure I...

C# Windows App to C# Web App
I have a situation that reverses http://forums.asp.net/1011618/ShowPost.aspxThat says what is the best way to convert a windows app to a web app?Any thought? It´s hard to say when you don´t tell us how you have built your application. Do you use n-tier? If you do, it´s not that hard to convert to a web form because you can use the same classes with no/a little changes on the BLL & DAL.Mikael Söderström Check if any of the following artilces will help you;converting windows forms to asp.net web formshttp://www.suite4.net/products/form.suite4.net/win-web-forms/defa...

Running an app with Process.Start, but the app is not getting focus.
Hello all,  I am running an application with Process.Start. It needs the focus after it is started. Please let me know how to do this. I have UseShellExecute set to true and CreateNoWindow to false. Thanks.Cheers,Rodneyhttp://www.RodneyHeinkens.com - Sharing .NET and SQL Experiences i think it might help... Process p = new Process(); p.StartInfo.WindowStyle = ProcessWindowStyle.Normal; Please click Mark as Answer on this post if it helps you Hi,  The Microsoft.VisualBasic namespace has an AppActive function that will bring it to focus.  I use it a lot and it works great...

Web resources about - Web app to Windows app. - asp.net.getting-started

The Windows Blog

Canberra says goodbye to Dickson window washer, Ian 'Scrubby' Stokes
Canberrans are mourning the death of one of the city's most familiar faces, Ian 'Scrubby' Stokes.

Transfer Window Live 20/01: Byram 'Done'; Swansea Enquire About Allen; Chelsea ...
90min Transfer Window Live 20/01: Byram 'Done'; Swansea Enquire About Allen; Chelsea ... 90min Hammers co-chairman David Sullivan told Sky ...

Comparison breaks down all the missing features in Office for Mac & iPad vs Windows
This comparison of the differences between Microsoft Office on Mac, Windows, and iOS devices was put together by Kurt Schmucker who (disclaimer) ...

Warner Bros. ignores PC players, drops Windows support for Mortal Kombat X
Shown here: Owners of the PC version of Mortal Kombat X While versions of many Mortal Kombat games have come to the PC over the years, the series ...

Enterprises adopt Windows 10 faster than any previous Microsoft OS
A new survey of IT professionals from large organizations reveals higher than anticipated momentum for the adoption of Windows 10, with 63 percent ...

This Roomba-like robot for windows fixes the most annoying thing about cleaning
This robot is designed clean the hard-to-reach places that makes window washing such a chore. Produced by Corey Protin. Edited by Maya Dangerfield. ...