Web app calling a windows app

How do I get my web app to open a windows program on the server side using a button click evenT?
0
orbital360

First off you'd have to give the ASPNET user execute priviledges on the server which I don't think that you want to do.

NC...

0
NC01

If the windows Program is of exe format then try with the following code

Try to include the exe in to your web folder or the ASP.NET process needs to have permissions to access the external application

string filePath = Server.MapPath(@"ApplicationName.exe"); System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo info = new System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo(filePath , "Arguments of that Process"); System.Diagnostics.Process p = System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info); p.Start(); Hope this will help you,

Regards

Gowrisankar
Software Engineer,
Infosys Technologies Ltd,
Chennai
0
Gowrisankar_k
10/13/2005 9:36:23 AM
In addition to execute rights, the user that your ASP.net app is running under must be the interactive user so that they can write to the desktop.
0
Aidy

Web app called by windows app...
Hey everyone,Well I have not worked with .Net at all regarding windows apps etc. What I have is a website with a secure login. My customer wants all his employees to access the secure site without knowing the user name and password, as there is a high turn over rate. Is there a good way to accomplish this?My thoughts were possibly to create a windows app they could download and execute which would basically pass encrypted parameters to our secure login page, therefore logging them in and no one being the wiser.Is this poosible?Is there a better way?Hope I explained it well!Thank youJorellz...

Determining if an app is a web app or a windows app
Hi all,  I'm writing a generic utilites class and one of the methods needs to get the physical path of the application. I know Server.MapPath("~") gets the server path of the app for windows and also that Application.ExecutablePath gets the path for windows app. Now how would i determine which app is a windows app or a web app?   Thanks in advance. add a reference to system.web and then do the following  if (System.Web.HttpContext.Current == null)            {       &...

How to call a web app from a windows deskstop app?
 Hello,I need to call a web page from a windows application and I'm not sure how to approach this. Can anyone give me some pointers? Thanks! What do you mean by calling a webapp. Do you just want to load a website or web page in your windows application? If yes, then look into WebBrowser control. FYI, this is an ASP.NET forum.Thanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! Hi i know is not the same but there is a thread that get close to what you need :  http://forums.asp.net/p/1271833/2406416.aspx"Mark As Answer" If my reply helped you --...

calling a windows app in my clients pc, thru my web app
Please i have searched and searched, and i have not seen a suitable answer, i need to know how i can call a windows application from my client computer, i know about the process control, but that calls the app. only on the server, i need to be able to call the app, from the client pc, i'll app. so help. thanks you mean to say, call an exe from a webpage? that is quite impossible and even if its done, it will cause severe security vulnerability issuesCheersBinowww.codepal.co.inPlease Mark as Answer if you find the post useful. disearches: Please i have searched and searched, and i...

VB.NET Data Grid, windows app to web app
Is it possible to make a Web Application Data Grid element with identical functionality as a Windows Application Data Grid? When I run the code as a windows application, it allows me to make direct edits of each database record through the data grid. When I run the code through a browser, however, it only displays the records. This is the code:Any suggestions? Inherits System.Web.UI.Page Dim connstr As String = "data source=SERVER;initial catalog=DB;user id=USER;password=PASSWORD;" Dim sqlStr As String = "SELECT * FROM Users" Dim dt As New DataTable Private Sub btnLoad_Click(B...

Web app to Windows app.
I’m new at this so please bear with me. In theory, is it possible to create a .net web application that can talk to a .net windows application? What I would like to accomplish is to use a .net web app to talk to Microsoft’s Windows Media Batch Encoder. Any comments are appreciated. Tome...

convert java web app 2 .NET web app
Hi, i am able to convert java console app to .NET console app.but i am unable to convert java web based application to .NET web based application. can u give me some idea as to how to convert that. Thanks in advance,nizam. I believe the technical phrase is.. rtfm?  lol.  you're going to have to do it the hard way.  JSP operates on a different theory of web development than asp.net/asp.net 2.0Kay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- Code to live, but Live to code. Try these two links for sample code and free book from Microsoft, ...

Calling local client apps via web form/web app.
Hello all,I am not sure if this is the correct area to ask this, so excuse me ifI posted in wrong area. I'm a bit of a newbie to this but I was wondering if I can call a local app. via a web application.  A friend suggested looking into ActiveX controls, but I am not familiar with them.  Also what other alternatives are there beside using ActiveX? I read about using Flex and Applets but again I don't know which would be my best option and what kind of security issues I may be dealing with?  If anyone can inform me or suggest a reference or book I would appr...

Web App unable to get same data that a sibling WinForm App gets
 Working in VS08/3.5 on project based very closely off EntLib's DataAccess QuickStart.The sln has 3 projects -   1. VB Class Library (CMS) to provide db access to the other UI projects   2. Winform (WinFormUI) - references CMS to show output to conventional WinForm (bascially I just broke the QuickStart's Winform to a seperate project and then referenced CMS)   3. WebServices app to provide SOAP output of the same db WinForm works correctly so at least I've gotten that far.The WebService app is calling the correct function in CommonData breakpoi...

running windows apps in web apps
Hi all, just to check it out if there is a way to run a windows app when a button in a web app is clicked.? Hi, you're referring to what's known as smart clients. You can place a windows forms executable in the virtual folder of your webserver (IIS of course ), then create a hyperlink in your webform to the executable. If the enduser has the correct .NET framerwok installed he/she can execute the application on his/her pc. Another trick, one I recently used BTW, is to embed a winforms user control, build as .dll file, in a webform. An example can be found here: Hosting a Windows Contr...

connect web app to windows app
Hello folks.i want to connect web application(asp.net) to desktop application and transfer data but when some events triggered from user web browser. (for example live support packages)i know it can be done in win applications with sockets but I'm not sure for asp.net applications.Any advice/help greatly appreciated.   oh, no body knows? It is possible to wire into events on the client, but this is outside the scope of ASP.Net.  Presuming your Desktop APP is a dotnet app this is a Windows Forms question, consider posting here http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.asp...

Web app and Windows Forms app
I've done a lot of .NET web development, but I'm trying to write a Forms App.  I'm trying to populate a GridView Control with a simple "SELECT *" query, but I'm not having any luck.  I keep getting this error:"An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections." I enabled remote connections on my SQL Server, then as a test I built a local web app that conne...

C# Windows App to C# Web App
I have a situation that reverses http://forums.asp.net/1011618/ShowPost.aspxThat says what is the best way to convert a windows app to a web app?Any thought? It´s hard to say when you don´t tell us how you have built your application. Do you use n-tier? If you do, it´s not that hard to convert to a web form because you can use the same classes with no/a little changes on the BLL & DAL.Mikael Söderström Check if any of the following artilces will help you;converting windows forms to asp.net web formshttp://www.suite4.net/products/form.suite4.net/win-web-forms/defa...

Send by Windows App - Receive by Web App
Ok. I've read something about Web Services (ex. http://abstractvb.com/code.asp?A=1004).I want to make:- Windows Application which after click the button would send string to the web page - example: "Server is online" or simply Boolean "True".- Web Application will receive this string and if is "True" than on the page is displaying information that this is true till the windows application will close down.How can I get simply that what I want ?I have a problem, cause I don't know how to receive information form Win App and make to display results on other sites.  OK, let me make sure I...

Web resources about - Web app calling a windows app - asp.net.getting-started

London Calling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
London Calling is the third studio album by the English punk rock band The Clash . It was released in the United Kingdom on 14 December 1979 ...

List of country calling codes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of country calling codes defined by ITU-T recommendations E.123 and E.164 , also called IDD ( International Direct Dialling ) ...

Free VoIP Calling Added To Facebook Messenger For IOS In The U.K.
Voice-over-Internet-protocol calling has made its way across the pond for Facebook Messenger users, as the social network updated its iOS version ...

Facebook Video Calling - Facebook
Bring your conversations to life on Facebook. With face-to-face video calling, now you can watch your friends smile, wink and LOL. To get started, ...

Facebook roundup: video ads, voice calling, logos and more
... than three per day at launch. It is unclear whether the ads will autoplay in the feed or not. More Messenger for Android users get free calling ...

Berlin Calling (@neuraum) on Twitter

Calling all foodies: Here comes @TwitterFood
There are many thousands of food-related Tweets people send on Twitter each day – Tweets about meals, ingredients, favorites, recipes and dining ...

YUBISASHI NIPPON CALLING ENGLISH for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get YUBISASHI NIPPON CALLING ENGLISH on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Calling woman II - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Marcel Oosterwijk's photos on Flickr. Marcel Oosterwijk has uploaded 2195 photos to Flickr.

Malcolm Turnbull makes surprise visit to Iraq, calling for Europe to 'step up'
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has called on European countries to "step up" with stronger help to defeat the so-called Islamic State ...