Visual Web Developer 2005 Express VS Visual Studio 2005 - differences?

Hi all - name of this thread says it all. What's the difference between the free app (that i've decided that I should be using over Dreamweaver) on the asp.net website, and the full, paid-up Visual Studio 2005? I realise VS2005 allows the coding of applications and completely web-unrelated things, but what does it do in the 'web world' that VWD2005 Express doesn't? Thanks!
Ramic Solutions
0
Screamer

Hi all - you can ignore this thread - discovered the search button :-)

Ramic Solutions
0
Screamer

Getting Started with Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 and Visual Web Developer Express Edition 2005 Beta 2
Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 was released on 4/17/2005.  Here's some important information for users to get started with: If you installed any version of Whidbey Beta 1 products, you must uninstall all Whidbey Beta 1 products before installing Beta 2.  The following links provide details and additional information about uninstalling: http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/uninstall/http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2005/04/19/409555.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408769.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408768.aspx You ...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition
Can anyone tell me what are the main differences between  Visual Studio.NET 2005 and Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition from an ASP.NET(VB) developer point of view?Thank you! For starters, Visual Web Developer Express includes only the portions of Visual Studio that pertain directly to creating Web sites. For example, you can't create Windows Forms projects or class library projects, etc. The rule of thumb there is that in Visual Studio you can create multi-project solutions, whereas in Visual Web Developer Express you can create only Web site projects. Within the ...

Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions , Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express
Newbie questions....    What is the difference between all this products, i understand now all of them are free of charge, my intention is to build a website, then i do not know if    Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express,  are independent produckts or just some kind of adds to  the last oneI have downloaded visual web developer 2005, and the starter kit, is this all that i need starting to work building my pages or am i missing something else? See the Express Products column in the Visual Studio 2005 Product Lin...

Visual Studio 2005 Vs Visual Web Developer 2005
 Hi,I am thinking of getting my hands dirty on .NET programming, I have been exclusively doing web development using Coldfusion until now, thinking of learning .Net as I see more promising career in .NET in my area.Please bear with me, my question is very basic, I have being using eclipse until now, and have been spoiled by its flexibilityOk, I bought a book, I want to try some coding, so now I am stuck with choosing an IDE. My understanding is that the express edition for visual studio has 3 IDEs (C#, VB.NET, Web Developer), but the actual visual studio that one has to pay for is just ...

Visual Web Developer Express vs Visual Studio 2005
Hello, I would like to know how are these two applications compared. I am wanting to learn asp.net 2.0 for web programming, so maybe I could just stick with Visual Web Developer since it's free and probably doesn't lack functionality. My guess is that with Visual Studio you can build everything from Windows software to asp.net websites? Can someone give me more information on these two products?Thank you You might want to check out the FAQ for Studio 2005 and Express. But basically, Web Developer will do everything that the Web Development portion of Studio 2005 does.  It is lacki...

Visual Web Developer Express 2005 coexist with Visual Studio 2005 Professional
I'd like to show some people here Visual Web Developer Express 2005 but I already have/use Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 Professional on my laptop. Can they all coexist? (I saw many notes about not having VS 2005 beta with Express but non on VS 2005 Professional with Express) Thank you.   Yes they can, but since you already have VS 2005 Pro you don't need VWD Express as VS 2005 includes all VWD features and adds more (such as HTML Accessibility Checker and Web Form Localization).Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provi...

VS.NET 2005 & Visual Web Developer 2005 Express
I'm currently working on VWD using C#, and i'm planning to study MCTS, so i'm wondering if there's major differences between both in Web field.Thank you aloti need a creative atmosphere Not for what you're doing.JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Should I buy Visual Studio 2005 or Get Visual Web Developer Express
I currently use Visual Studio 2003 and don't see how I can ever do without it. I am a web developer who uses exclusevely C# in development. At times, I will develop controls in C# for my websites for reuse.Now that ASP.NET 2 is coming and therefore the new version of Visual Studio (which is 2005), I am looking to upgrade. However, the FREE Visual Web Developer Express C# development tool looks like it has everything I need in order to develop enterprise class websites and controls.My question is: is there a list of functionality that will show me what Visual Studio 2005 has that Wed Develope...

Download Visual Web Developer 2005 Express or Visual Basic 2005 Express?
Hi,I'm a programmer with a 4 year degree in computer science. I have been programming in some sort for 25 years. I have done VB (several years ago), Delphi (last done several years ago), and currently do some Acess programming every other month along with Perl about every month. I have never done any web page programming other than straight html (since 1996). My boss just asked me to look into learning ASP. We have a completed ASP project for a customer and our current vendor is too busy to update it. I would be the one doing minor changes and doing the next major phase.  So should I ...

Visual studio 2005 express vs Visual studio 2005 standard or pro
Hi allIm not sure if you will be able to answer my question. Im using express version of visual basic, which has a particular pain in the you no where limitation. I cannot through the database explorer connect to a remote sql express 2005. I no this is a limitation. I have looked at the option of buying Visual studio however I only need the VB module. From what I see you have to buy the whole version, which contains C#, JSP and more. I do not need them. I do not see the point of paying for all the modules but I only use VB. QuestionsCan you buy them seperately.Is there another workaroun...

Install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition with Visual Studio .Net 2003
Hi All, Just want to make sure the following issue: is there any probelms/issue to install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition on a workstation which have Visual Studio .Net 2003 installed? will it caused the VS .Net 2003 not work correctly? IIS 6.0 working fine for .Net framework 1.1 and 2.0?   Thanks!Edward During the beta period, I had both VWD 2005 and VS .NET 2003 installed side-by-side and I didn't notice any problems. I've also installed .NET Frameworks 1.1 and 2.0 on IIS 6.0, also without any issues. So, 1 and 2 shouldn't give you any problems. HTH,RyanRyan Olsha...

Upgrading from "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" to "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2"
Newby question: I am learning ASP.NET and downloaded "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" in order to practice and learn the ropes.I just received "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2" and would like to upgrade. However, I haven't found any reference to removing "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" before installing "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2".Should I remove it?What do I need to back up before doing so?Thanks in advance,Ira I believe you can install VS on top of VWD. They, in fact, can coexits (although they will share some files).Thanks----------------------------------...

Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition beta VS Visual Studio.net 2003
Is Visual C# 2005 Express Edition Beta better than Visual Studio.net 2003 ? HighOnCodingWanna get high! in my opinon no. vs.net 2003 is a released application, and is used for more than just c#. visual studio whidbey beta is pretty cool except it's a little quirky still. I swear I can't wait til august.Kay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- Code to live, but Live to code. What are the odds of anything actually being released in august? What are the odds of anything actually being released in august? Zero. Is Visual C# 20...

Web resources about - Visual Web Developer 2005 Express VS Visual Studio 2005 - differences? - asp.net.getting-started

Sole difference in tourism stakes
A GIANT blue stiletto heel dubbed Taiwan’s “shoe church” is bringing a touch of oversized glamour to the island’s southern coast.

CES 2016: Netflix expands to new countries, predicts end of regional differences
'We want the citizens of the world to have the same content': Netflix believes it will eliminate regional availability in the next 'five or 10 ...

iOS App Store brings in 75% more revenue than Play Store despite difference in downloads
... app store. The iOS App Store now earns 75 percent more revenue than the Google Play Store. This is an increase over the 70 percent difference ...

Is There Much Difference, Policy-Wise, Between Cruz, Rubio, Herr Trumpf And Ryan?
... Cruz or Rubio gets into the White House, we are in deep, deep trouble. Time to redouble our efforts for the one candidate who can make a difference ...

Sanders on differences with Clinton highlighted in campaign ad - Videos - CBS News
Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders joins “CBS This Morning” from Burlington, Vermont, to discuss his latest campaign ad that explains ...

In year one, Rauner learned difference between statehouse and boardroom
One year after Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner took over as Illinois' chief executive, the private equity investor and rookie politician who pledged ...

It Really Makes a Difference What we Say
... for our own words as well. They are out before we have had a chance to think about their meaning all too often. It really does make a difference ...