Visual Studio 2008 includes SQL Server 2008 Express and Visual Basic 2008?

Please can somebody tell me whether Visual Studio 2008 includes SQL Server 2008 Express or 2005?

Also does it include Visual Basic 2008 or 2005?

Thank you.

VWGolfman
0
vwgolfman

 VS2008 installs Sql Server 2005 Express by default. Also, VS2008 installs the new version of VB.Net BUT you can target older runtimes (i.e .Net 1.1, .Net 2, .Net 3) so you can argue that all VB.Net versions are "installed".

0
StevenMcD
3/21/2008 9:50:57 PM

Thank you Steven Yes

VWGolfman
0
vwgolfman

Visual Studio 2008 SP1
I have the developer version of SQL 2005 & SQL Server Express 2008 installed on my laptop and Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 installed.    I'm learning ASP.Net MVC and want to work with a SQL Server Express 2008, but I can't connect to SQL Server Express 2008.  I first tried to ADD a SQL Server Database by adding a SQL Server Database to app_data and received the error "Connections to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL Server Express 2005 to function properly.  Then I attempted to ADD the Membership.MDF ...

Windows Server 2008, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Launched!
Largest enterprise launch in company history includes Windows Server 2008, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2008; focuses on security, Web, virtualization and better business intelligence. LOS ANGELES - Feb. 27, 2008 - Kicking off more than 225 events around the world and joined by more than 4,000 customers and partners, Microsoft Corp.'s Chief Executive Officer Steve Ballmer today showcased the next generation of infrastructure and application platform products, including Windows Server 2008, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and Microsoft SQL Server 2008....

Visual Studio 2008 +Visual Basic 2008
Hello, I am wondering if I can use Visual Studio 2008 pro to create a project in Visual Basic 2008 for PDAs...? Should it have an option to create a PDA's projects?   Yes, you can create one under New Project --> Visual basic --> Smart Device Project.  Good Luck....

Visual Studio 2008 and SQL-Server 2008
I tried to add a database file to an exsiting Website project. i get this error."connection to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL server express 2005 to function properly."Installed products are Windows Vista Ultimate 32-Bit Visual Studio 2008 SP1SQL-Server 2008 DeveloperHowever creating a data connection to a database attached with the server is not a problem.Is there a workaround to this issue?__________________________________________Thomas Wrobelwaslos.de You may open your Machine.Config file (the file is in %SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\ver. number\C...

NORTHWIND.SDF connection problem - Trouble with Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition
I have installed Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition and have made sure SP1 was installed before hand. I am try to complete the Visual Basic Training exercise module1 and everything is fine until I try to add a data connection to the NORTHWIND.SDF database file. I get an error message saying '....Access to database file is not allowed...'  However I can clearly 'see' and the file and it's path when using the Browse funtion from the 'ADD Connection' window. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Visual Basic 2008 Express edition but this does n...

I cannot use SQL Server 2008 Express with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
I have downloaded the Visual Studio 2008 Express with SP1 All-In-One DVD image file, burned a DVD and installed Visuall Basic, with SQL Server and Visual Web Developer. However when I try to test a new site and add a  New Item/SQL Sever database I get a message: "failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed." I tried to use SQL Server Configuration manager and change SQLEXPRESS logon properties (different built-in account and my Windows Vista account) but it doesn't work and I ...

problem with sql server 2008 and visual studio 2008
Hi, i hv installed SQL Server 2008 (Code Name Katmai),  On my Windows XP SP-2. i was able to Connect with Sql Server (Database Engine) .Later I install VS 2008 , Full Install. after that i am not able to Connect with Sql server but Server Name. i am getting fallowing Error =================================== Cannot connect to ZING. =================================== A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.) (.N...

What is the difference between Visual studio.net and Visual studio 2008 express?
 I am fairly new in ASP.net development, i have downloaded sql express and visual studio express on the microsoft site, but i was just wondering if there is a huge difference between the express packages and the actual profesional packages. Any ideas on that?www.buggrep.comBest error repository site on the web!! If you are new then dont worry about it it, visual web developer express and sql server express are both fine for developing with all the major features of asp.net / sql server.There are some advanced features that I dont even know what they are.I think that the older sql expr...

SQL Express 2008 x64 integration with Visual Studio 2008
When I try to add a database to a web application project in the web_data folder I get this error:"Connections to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL Server Express 2005 to function properly. Please verify the installation of the component or download from the URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=49251"I have VS2008 SP1 and SQL Express 2008 x64 installed on Vista Business x64.According to the following bug report VS2008 tries to look for the 32-bit instance of SQL Express 2008: https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=361718Any idea o...

The connection sql server 2008 and microsoft visual the studio 2008
I want to make connection between sql server 2008 and microsoft visual studio 2008, but I have a problem, the problem is "The server version is not supported. Only servers up to Microsoft SQL Server 2005 are supported" and then my question are 1. How steps to make connection between sql server 2008 and microsoft visual studio 2008 2. The example source code to insert, update, delete in microsoft visual studio 2008 with database sql server 2008 Thank you... Click on the Learn link in the menu at the top of this page.  Follow the Data Access tutorials. JeffPlease: Do...

SQl server ReportViewer 2008 for Visual C# Express Edition 2008
Hi  all,  I have installed the The Microsoft Report Viewer 2008 Redistributable Package  and I add the report viewer component to my toolbox list while viewing the report in my solution ...i was getting the error as given below.. The report definition is not valid. Details: The report definition has an invalid target namespace"http://schemas.microsoft.com/sqlserver/reporting/2007/01/reportdefinition' which cannot be upgraded. Is there a way that I could work around this? Thanks , Ashok Hi, Please see http://forums.asp.net/t/1251148.aspx (duplicate p...

Suitable Operating system for Visual Studio 2008 and Sql Server 2008
 Hi, i need information about Suitable Operating system for Visual Studio 2008 and Sql Server 2008... it support all feature and functionality.. can any one answer that will be really appreciated. Regards,Stephen. stephen  HI, I think windows xp (service pack 2) is the best choice. you can try windows vista also. If you get correct answer, mark it as "Answered" to help otherswww.thecodemaker.com Any of XP, 2003, Vista or 2008 will work.Clearly 2003 and 2008 being servers have the advantages of having full IIS and all the other server bits, thus developi...

Visual Studio 2008 -or- Visual Web Developer Express 2008 -or- SharePoint Designer / Etc.
It's been a while since I actively designed in dot net.  Now it's time to do some serious updating to our website (from dot net 1.1 to 3.5).  I haven't used any of the new design tools but want to be able to take complete advantage of all the new features of v3.5 and the features of development applications. What are the differences between Visual Studio 2008 / Visual Web Developer Express 2008 / SharePoint Designer / Etc. and are there any others I should consider for development?  I just want to settle on a development platform so I can start moving forward...

Error: 25
I am in VWD and went to Database Explorer to "Add Connection" to a .mdf File located on another PC on the network.  I see the following: 1) Data Source: Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)2) Server Name: \\ComputerName3) Log on to the Server: Use SQL Server Authentication4) Connect to a database: Attach a Database File: \\Computename\FolderName\DatabaseName.mdf5) Logical Name: [Left Blank]6) Advanced Tab: [No Changes]7) Clicked the Button: "Test Connection" Receive this Error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting ...

Web resources about - Visual Studio 2008 includes SQL Server 2008 Express and Visual Basic 2008? - asp.net.getting-started

Wikipedia talk:Do not include the full text of lengthy primary sources - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ...
"Do not include copies of primary sources (specifically: text, maps, artworks and other useful images) in Wikipedia. If it is a large source, ...

Bing Redesign Includes Social Sidebar Column With More Facebook Integration
Microsoft introduced an update to its Bing search engine today that includes a sidebar column containing related information from users’ Facebook ...

Travis Kalanick - I thought I'd include a FB post I just... - Facebook
I thought I'd include a FB post I just did responding to a concern that Uber's SF service was decreasing in quality. _________________________ Hey... ...

Facebook News Feed changes include improvements for app developers
... is how much bigger stories and photos appear in the feed. The example below is full size. Then there’s the redesigned games feed, which includes ...

Amazon’s 12 best deals of the day include a virtual laser keyboard, a big 4K TV and more
... of deals each and every day to pick out some of the best bargains out there, and today we have some awesome deals for you to check out. Included ...

Will the growing Ted Cruz coalition eventually include the establishment? #Theyreconsideringit.
Will the growing Ted Cruz coalition eventually include the establishment? They're starting to think about it. by digby I wrote about Cruz again ...

Obama’s Gun-Control Plan Includes Gun-Ban For Some Social Security Beneficiaries
Obama's Gun-Control Plan Includes Gun-Ban For Some Social Security Beneficiaries

'Star Trek' turns 50 this year; celebrations include 'Ultimate Voyage' multimedia tour
Sci-fi juggernaut Star Trek turns 50 this year and amongst the celebrations is the "Ultimate Voyage Tour":This lavish production includes an ...

Bills' 2016 schedule includes six games against 2015 playoff teams, ranks as 10th-most difficult in NFL ...
To end a 16-year playoff drought, the Buffalo Bills will face teams next season that compiled a .520 winning percentage in 2015, going 133-123. ...

After internet outcry, 'Star Wars' Monopoly will include a Rey piece
... told Entertainment Weekly on Tuesday that the game was released in September, months before the movie came out, and Rey wasn’t included to avoid ...