Visual C#.Net vs Visual Studio.Net

I have read in other posts a lot of people recommending Visual Studio.Net over the Web Matrix. My query is: why is there a £700 difference between VS.Net and Visual C#.Net? As a c# developer, I won't need any VB functionality. I also don't require Visual Source Safe, as projects are generally small and manageable.

What features are lacking in Visual c#.net that justifies the price difference? Does it have Intellisense / Dubuggers / Compilers? These are the features that would make me pay for it instead of continuing with WM, but I need to know if tehre is serious functionality missing.
Thanks,
Dan.
Dan
0
Dan_123

I'd like to know the same for VB.Net since you can get that for free from MS right now.  Since I'm stuck on vs.net 2002 it'd be great if I could just use vb.net IDE instead of getting 2003 or waiting for whidbey.
0
JakeJeck

VB.NET vs. C#.NET Behavior of Visual Studio
I'm transitioning from coding in VB to coding in C#. Maybe I have something set wrong, but a behavioral difference is driving me bananas. When I edit a VB source file, the two drop-downs at the top of the edit view are Class Name and Method Name, and it makes it easy to add a new event handler for any of the controls on the page. Choose which one on the left, pick your event on the right, and VS inserts an empty, properly formatted subroutine. In C# mode, however, those two drop-downs are labeled Types and Members, and there doesn't appear to be a way to tell it to create the empty framew...

Visual Basic.NET or Visual Studio.NET?

Visual Studio .Net? Visual Basic .Net?

FIX: The IntelliSense feature for a Visual C# .NET project stops working in the Visual Studio .NET IDE
Ever got mad because your IntelliSense disappeared? Microsoft finally heard you: http://www.kbalertz.com/Feedback_838470.aspx or: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838470 MCSD, MCDBA, MCAD, MCSD .NET, MSF Practitioner...

Activex Componants, Visual Studio.net and C#.net
As part of a university project i have to a create an activex componant that times the download of a file of known size. This is so that my website can measure the bandwidth of any client machine that accesses it.I am coding my website in C#.net using visual studio.net 2003, i have never used activex before and am unsure of how to link my web site to an activex componant let alone code the activex componant.Below i have wrote an algorithm of what i believe the activex componant will do. I am unsure of whether this is correct.Start downloadStart timerError = Falsewhile error = false &nbs...

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

Visual Studio.Net and VB.Net
Can we install VS.Net and VB.Net on the same machine and work side by. Is there any thing I need to worry about? I use VS.Net enterprise for my office work and I am planning to buy VB.Net standard for my personal use. Before I goahead and buy, I wanted to make sure that it works. Thanks for your help. Anil...

Web resources about - Visual C#.Net vs Visual Studio.Net - asp.net.getting-started

Visual Basic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Visual Basic was derived from BASIC and enables the rapid application development (RAD) of graphical user interface (GUI) applications, access ...

Today’s apps gone free: Aqua Moto Racing 2, TableDrum, Visual Anatomy and more
Race JetSkis over waves and around buoys, create beats from practically anything, and get a visual overview of the human anatomy with todays ...

Your visual guide to 2017 Formula 1 car changes
Filed under: Motorsports , Videos , Racing Motorsport.com presents a visual comparison of current Formula 1 cars compared to the cars built to ...

Panasonic Signs Partnership to Deliver Visual Solutions for the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Ceremonies ...
Panasonic has signed an agreement to become an "Official Ceremony Partner" with the Rio 2016 Olympic Organizing Committee of the Olympic ...

Visual hacking is not hacking
There's hacking and then there's copying off of your neighbor's work like we had to worry about in grade school. Remember. That's not really ...

HP tackles 'visual hacking' with privacy filters in laptop, tablet screens
HP is putting integrated filters in laptop and tablet displays this year so Peeping Toms can't steal confidential information when surreptitiously ...

45 visual and verbal cuts for Quentin Tarantino's 'The Hateful Eight'!
45 visual and verbal cuts for Quentin Tarantino's 'The Hateful Eight'! - The film opened in India this week.

Robots make inroads on understanding visual humor
For those who worry that strong AI will eliminate us in some Judgement-Day-style apocalypse, a small measure of comfort may be derived from the ...

5 Visual Marketing Trends That Will Dominate 2016
The term "visual marketing" is a broad one. It encompasses a range of media and strategies. Where should you be focusing your attention in 2016? ...