Very wierd "System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified." ERROR

Hi Guys,

I am getting the following error:
Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified.
Source Error:

Line 18: </HEAD>
Line 19: <body class="Body">
Line 20: <form runat="server">
Line 21: <table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0">
Line 22: <tr valign="top">

Source File: c:\Inetpub\Default.aspx Line: 20

why would <form runat="server"> cause a file not found error?
Can anybody show me the error of my ways?
Thanks in advance!

Graphfixz Data & Web Design
http://www.graphfixz.com
0
Graphfixz

Hi there,

I have seen this error some times when the assemblies required are not present. Does this happens only in this page? Do you have other pages that work? I'm trying to figure out if ASP.Net is properly installed in your pc.
I'm sure this shouldn't be the problem, but maybe you should to put an ID into the form.
Covo
http://covodev.blogspot.com/

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler", A. Einstein
0
covo
9/13/2004 11:24:00 PM
Can be indeed a problem with the probing procedure of the CLR in order to find the assemblies that are referenced. A few things:

- are you living inside an application on the IIS-level?
- is there a bin-folder under the root of the application, that contains the needed assembly files?
- check the path: c:\inetpub seems illogical to me (normally it is c:\inetpub\wwwroot)
Bart De Smet [MVP]

Visit www.msdn.be, www.bartdesmet.net
0
bdesmet

error "System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified"
hi all; iam tring to open word doc using System.Diagnostics.Process when i use it on local serevr and open file which is place on netwrok drive it works fi9 but when i host the side on IIS  and then run it so i get this msg    System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified   [Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified]   System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo) +976   System.Diagnostics.Process.Start() +127   System.Diagnostics.Process.Sta...

HttpPostedFile AND "The system cannot find the file specified." Error
Hi, I've written some code that includes file upload to the server.  Using files of fairly small file size (a couple of MB), everything uploads great.  Trying to upload a 45MB, and it doesn't work.  I don't get a .NET error.  I just get a blank white page, and the line "The system cannot find the file specified." First off, I've fixed my web.config to allow for large file uploads and long timeouts: <httpRuntime       executionTimeout="1200"       maxRequestLength="102400"      ...

system "dir"; works fine, but system "dir foo.txt" gets an error
Running the script (below) from Bob Showalter brought a problem to surface on this win98se using ActivePerl 560 build 630. The line system "dir foo.txt"; returned "Bad command or file name". foo.txt does exist and I can run dir foo.txt within a dos box just fine. Interestingly to me, system "dir"; worked okay. I guess it just won't take an argument. So, have I installed Perl improperly? Bompa ######################################################## > Excuse me, I *do* see the "poop" you refe...

DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" is producing this error: The system cannot find the file specified.
Everything works on my machine, but when uploaded to my server I get The system cannot find the file specified  when I add a control using the SqlDataSource. Seems to work fine when I test the Query. Just produces an error on the page. Here is some code. <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/Profile.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="_Default" title="Untitled Page" %><asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="head" Runat="Server"> </asp...

Getting a "Could not find file or assembly" error with System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider class
I am trying to convert an ASP.NET 2.0 application which uses forms authentication, to authenticate against Active Directory rather than SQL Server.  In order to do this I have read the MSDN article ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider Class, and copied the relevant code from that article which goes into my Web.Config file.  Of course, I changed the username and password to what is relevant for our situation. Anyway, it is not working.  When I run it on my development PC and enter my network username and password, I get the following error message: Configuration Error Descr...

"The system cannot find the file specified"
 I'm experimenting with Tutorial Membership-roles video and I'm to the point where I created my roles & my users & that's fine.  But when I go back into the VWD & try to view the .mdf file that was created I get the error "The system cannot find the file specified".  I already has some code I put in on another .aspx page that I'd rather not have to code for for this project.  Is there a way to fix my error without starting over? Thanks in advance!  Hi  Click on Database Explorer in VWD and under Data Connections, you...

Post-windows updates reboot always generates the error" Unable to load DLL 'activeds.dll': The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002) "
Everytime after automatic reboot as a result of Windows Updates on my XP machine, its hosted web page gives the following error: "Unable to load DLL 'activeds.dll': The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002) " I know how to solve it -  run "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -i" and reboot the machine.  I am wondering if anyone knows any trick to prevent this? Thanks in advance.  Hong  Hong...

RE: perlcc "the system cannot find the file specified". ??
Is perlcc in your path? It sounds to me like your OS can't find perlcc. Try using the full path to perlcc. -----Original Message----- From: Joe Collins To: beginners@perl.org Sent: 4/14/02 12:39 PM Subject: Q: perlcc "the system cannot find the file specified". ?? I run perlcc and get the error "the system cannot find the file specified". My options are -o to create the executable. Any ideas what it wants? I confirmed the .pl I am compiling is clearly visible. TIA, Joe -- To unsubscribe, e-mail: beginners-unsubscribe@perl.org For addition...

Q: perlcc "the system cannot find the file specified". ??
I run perlcc and get the error "the system cannot find the file specified". My options are -o to create the executable. Any ideas what it wants? I confirmed the .pl I am compiling is clearly visible. TIA, Joe ...

Unable to open the physical file. Operating system error 5: "5(Access is denied.)". A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share.
PLEASE TELL ME A SOLUTION.... Server Error in '/PS' Application. The '/PS' is virtual directory of Local Host.Unable to open the physical file "G:\Personal Site Kit\App_Data\personal.mdf". Operating system error 5: "5(Access is denied.)".An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file G:\Personal Site Kit\App_Data\personal.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review th...

clicking the invoke button issues "The system cannot find the file specified." message
Hi,I created the simplest webservice possible by uncommenting the The HelloWorld() example service. When I run it and click invoke a new browser is lauchend with a white page saying:The system cannot find the file specified. I looked on many foruns, but couldn't find any answer.Has anyone faced this before?Many thanks,GeorgeGeorge Justo...

"Read-only file system" on startup, "Error in service module
I'm running openSUSE 11.1 dual-booting with XP Professional on a Thinkpad T500 notebook. When I boot into Linux, I get a bunch of "Read-only file system" messages in the startup messages. Then either: 1) It gives me the GUI login screen. When I type in my password and hit enter, it freezes. tty1 appears to be in the middle of something (it's loading something and has a blinking cursor). tty2 only gives me a blinking cursor. When I return to tty7 often the top part of the screen is messed up. 2) It gives me the GUI login screen. I type in my password and hit ...

Delphi 2010 IDE throws error on "find" and "find in files"
I will greatly appreciate any advice how to cure the suddenly appeared misbehaviour: I just loaded the main project file and then tried to find code snippets fore re-use with "find" and "find in files" the Eurekalog extract is: 2.2 Address : 20EB30B6 2.3 Module Name : vclide140.bpl - (Integrated Development Environment Specific Components) 2.4 Module Version: 14.0.3593.25826 2.5 Type : EOutOfResources 2.6 Message : Unable to insert a line. 2.7 ID : 61FB 2.8 Count : 1 2.9 Status ...

How do I get around this error "Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.String' "
I am using Visual Developer 2008 Express Edition for the first time, and I keep getting the following error below. The site allows anyone to enter with a valid username and password, but even when I logoff the site I get the same error....like the memory or database is not getting refreshed. I would think that when I initially compile the site that anything left in memory would be flushed out. Can someone please help me to figure this out. Thanks,Ramell P.S. The site is programmed using C#    Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.String&...

Web resources about - Very wierd "System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified." ERROR - asp.net.getting-started