vc#.net can't connect to SQL 2000

Hi,

When I try to connect to SQL 2000 it test successfully, but prompts this error after clicking ok:
Unable to connect to database.
It is only possible to connect to SQL Server Desktop Engine databases
and Microsoft Access databases with this version of Visual Studio.
I have SQL 7 installed also, and it works fine.
I'm running XP with Visual C#.net
aspdotnetnewbie

I had this problem a while back with VB.NET, unfortunately you'll need to shell out more cash or get your company to purchase either Visual Studio.NET professional or architect in order to connect to a SQL db through Visual Studio. There's a hard coded limitation in stand alone or standard versions of Visual Studio.
0
Snowst

can't connect to sql server database with same connection used in visual studio .net 2003
I have the following code that works fine in visual studio .net 2003 but not with VWD.  I have sql server 2000 developer edition installed locally and this connection works fine with visual studio.  With VWD it fails with the exception "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'DARRELL\ASPNET'".  It fails on the conn.Open line.   any ideas on what the issue is?Dim conn As SqlConnectionDim connstr As Stringconnstr = "Data Source=DARRELL;Initial Catalog=Event;Integrated Security=SSPI;"Dim daEvents As New SqlDataAdapter("select * from events", connstr...

What can c#.net do that vb.net can't?
That's pretty much my question - what can you do with c#, in terms of web application building, that you can't do in vb.net? Thanks Which language you choose is pretty much up you, your preferences and previous experience. There are some differences, but most importantly one have to realize that all .Net compliant languages are translated into an Intermediate Language and at the end of the day, what run is pretty much the same. Read this if you need to know more: "Microsoft Programming Languages" http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/productinfo/whitepapers/default.aspx ...

cpan>install NET::SSH ----> Can't install NET::SSH don't know what it is?
Good day! This is the first time I'll be using the cpan to install modules. I run: perl -MCPAN -e shell and answer the questions one by one. When its done, I issued install NET::SSH at the cpan> prompt and I got the message: Can't install NET::SSH Don't know what it is. Question: How will I make cpan> know what NET::SSH is? Is there something I have to update first? How can I search for some useful modules using cpan> rather than using cpan search in www.cpan.org? What is auto bundle? And what does 'cpan -a' does? When I ran it, I can some...

VN.Net 2003 can make data connection, can't make server connection
Hi, I am using Visual Studio .net 2003 I have 2 machines, one WinXP with VS.Net and the other, Win2K Pro with SQL Server 2000 In VS.Net I can make a data connection to the SQL Server using the computer name of the SQL Server machine, however I can't make a Server connection to the same machine. Both machines are in a private network (192.168.1.x IPs) inside a firewall, with no firewall settings on either machine. Also, I have installed NetBeui on the XP machine. When I try to connect via the ip addressesm get an error saying that the IP address is outside the local network...

Can not get Pickup Directory... .net can't access metabase maybe??? Need to get working ASAP
I am using 2.0 to try to send an email to the IisPickup directorySystem.Net.Mail.MailMessage message = new System.Net.Mail.MailMessage(test@testing.com, "test@test.com", "Testing " + DateTime.Now.ToString(), "Testing the Mail Drop Folder");System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient client = new System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient("127.0.0.1");client.DeliveryMethod = System.Net.Mail.SmtpDeliveryMethod.PickupDirectoryFromIis; client.Send(message);Example Site : www.andrewworral.com (hit the button)This code worked on our old deployment server but not on our new server.  I s...

Can't delete projects from Visual Studio .Net IDE 'Start Page'
Please ignore this post. Since posting it I found the solution but I'm not able to delete this post. nikita ...

My CR Report cann't connect to remote Sql 2000 server in my Ap.net application ?
hello all:              I'v developed  an asp.net application to Purchase Material in my Lan,I used vs.net 2003 and a remote sql 2000 server(a server named "hhmv-web"),now I can create new data ,update and enquire data in my system. but when I print the order,there always has error like this:      CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LogOnException: logon Failed。 行 49: .ExportFormatType = CrystalDecisions.[Shared].ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat 行 50: End With 行 5...

VS '05 can't connect to SQL 2000 instance
Hi Everyone,  I recently started developing with asp.net and a website that I was building had to use sql 2000 for the data.  I had originally setup VS to work with sql 2005 and had no problems connecting to my databases in sql 2005.  The problem is now that I have installed sql 2000 I am unable to connect to any of my 2000 databases through the server explorer.  Any ideas?  Any help is greatly appreciated!!!  Thanks, D Hi UFdylan, There are several reasons that can result in connection failure issue.     1. Do you have the p...

Desperate!!!! -- can't get DNN4 with sqlexpress2005 to work on winxp --- can't connect to DB!!!!!
HELP!!!!! HELP!!!!I followed the install guide for DNN4 (install version)...but it doesn't work with SQL 2005 express on Win XP...i have tried everything!! below is the error message and the connection strings...HELP!!!   Error Installing DotNetNukeCurrent Assembly Version: 04.00.00ERROR: Could not connect to database specified in connectionString for SqlDataProviderSystem.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Unable to open the physical file "C:\dotnetnuke\App_Data\dotnetnuke.mdf". Operating system error 5: "5(Access is denied.)". An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\dotne...

Web resources about - vc#.net can't connect to SQL 2000 - asp.net.getting-started