vb.net test if textBox.text is null

Hi, I want to test if the value in a text box is null.

I tried if textBox.text = null and that is giving me syntax errors.
Anyone that'll tell me how to do this please?
I know it probably easy.
-Mike
0
mparker1113_2

if textbox.text = ""

Microsoft ASP.NET Enthusiast
0
extension
2/4/2005 1:44:22 AM
Yeah, I'm cool with that --- which is what i used. But what if a user puts in a space, then you won't be looking for " "  but instead for "  "(2 spaces), right?
0
mparker1113_2
2/4/2005 2:24:57 AM
Hi mparker1113,

try out RequiredFieldValidator
Happy programming
Cheers
life's Ng
0
life
2/4/2005 3:05:32 AM
if Trim(textbox.text) = ""
Microsoft ASP.NET Enthusiast
0
eXtension
2/4/2005 3:12:21 AM
Where do I find info on such a thing as "RequiredFieldValidator" ??
0
mparker1113_2
2/10/2005 6:46:17 PM
go to the Tutorials on this website, then

click on the Server Control Form Validation at the link in the panel..
Good luck
life's Ng
0
life

Using the Textbox.Text on Dynmaicly Created Textboxes in VB.Net
I found a script that i modified to create textbox fields Dynamicly.  I am now faced with the delimia of figuring out a way to pull the data in those dynamicly created fields.  Since they are not defined, I have not found a way to use a variable to pull the data. Here is the code .aspx   <%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="DynamicTextboxes.aspx.vb" Inherits="DynamicTextboxes" %> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-tr...

How to get RS (From VB6) to .NET (VB.NET)
Hi Friends,         I have requirement, there is one function in VB6 it returns a RS, I need to call that function in  VB.NET, how to get those values into .NET, if can any body can help (pass me some code snippets), that will be greate, Thank you.Madhu... -Madhu hey guys i got this one just by using fill method.-Madhu...

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

how can i Get OCX File in .net IDE vb.net/C3
hi all,      How can I generate OCX file in VB.net/c# 2005 that will interact in web pages...?Thanks & Regards,Murthy. Hi murthysrn, As far as I know, VB 2005 and C# 2005 cannot create the project for ocx file. However, I hope the following link will be helpful to you. Creating an ActiveX Control in Visual Studio 2005http://msmvps.com/blogs/pauldomag/archive/2006/08/16/107758.aspxSincerely,Benson YuMicrosoft Online Community Support Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other co...

Upgrade VB.net 2002 to VB.net 2003
Hi, i want to upgrade VB.net 2002 to VB.net 2003.what is the procedure?Uninstall 2002 and Install 2003 or something else? VB.net 2003 includes Framework 1.1 or i will install it separately?thanx in advance ...

VB.Net To C#.Net

C#.NET or VB.NET

vb .net or c# .net

About VB.net And VC.net
I am always Programming With VB.net Recently My Teacher ask us to learn Vc or VC.net. I try to learn it and compare it with vb.net, I found it's much too complex than vb. However it is said vc is strongger than vb I want to know Why vc is strongger than vb? and is it hard too learn vc? I am new to asp.net Thanks for man who want to help me! Wuhan, Hubei, China Below links could give some info http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q308470Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti VisualC is not a language in an of itself...

VB.NET: Get the Attribute and Text out from Xml string
Edited by SomeNewKid. Please post code between <code> and </code> tags. Say I have this Xml taken as an example: <Settings> <Connection> <UserID>sa</UserID> <DataSource>Server</DataSource> <InitialCatalog>Database</InitialCatalog> </Connection> </Settings> To get the Xml text is: Dim m_xmld As XmlDocument Dim m_nodelist As XmlNodeList Dim m_node As XmlNode m_xmld = New XmlDocument() m_xmld.Load("Settings.xml") ...

Web resources about - vb.net test if textBox.text is null - asp.net.getting-started

Aqua (user interface) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Aqua is the GUI and primary visual theme of Apple Inc. 's OS X operating system . It is based around the theme of water, as its name suggests, ...

Wikipedia:Sockpuppet investigations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
WP:RFCU redirects here. You may be looking for Wikipedia:Requests for comment/User conduct ( WP:RFC/U ), CheckUser policy ( Wikipedia:CheckUser ...

Help - Identi.ca
Identi.ca is a social service . Users can post short(140 character) status messages which are broadcast totheir friends and colleagues on the ...

City of Whitehorse, YT : Contact
Employment - Bylaws - Document Library - FAQ - Contact Us Search Query Textbox Home Home About Whitehorse Notify Me Contact Us Employee Links ...

www.asianewsphoto.com Help
Help for uploading pictures Noun explanation Group pictures: a basic unit which stands for a piece of news photo in system; include: information ...

Metamorphose: All-In-One File/Folder Renamer For Windows, Mac & Linux
Previously, we’ve reviewed many batch file-renaming applications like ReNamer (read review), NameChanger (read review), File Grinder (read review) ...

How to build a Twitter extension for Chrome
Ars takes a close look at the Chrome Web browser's new extension system. In …

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- RSS
... RSS Service, please follow the instructions below. STEP 1. Select the product to subscribe. STEP 2. The RSS link will be shown on the Textbox ...

authonomy writers and readers - Daniel Escurel Occeno's profile - authonomy writing community
... of the Point Guard”. It is entered in www.textnovel.com writing contest.In the TEXTNOVEL website simply type in “Lee Chon” in the textbox search ...

Baseball Prospectus
Forgot Your Password? Enter your username in the textbox below. Username: If you don't remember your username, please contact Customer Service ...