VB.Net - Running a console application from my Windows Application

Hi guys, hoping that you may be able to help me on this one.

Is there anyway I can run a Console Application, from a button click (or similar) within my windows application.
I am using VB.Net in Visual Studio 2005.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Phil

0
phil

This is an ASP.NET forum. For better responses refer to the winforms forum at MSDN

 http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/default.aspx?siteid=1

What you can do is launch a process that targets the executable file for the console application.

0
jimmy
4/23/2008 9:45:36 AM

Hey, thanks for getting back to me - I am going to try calling in a batch file to run the console app. Will check out the other forum if this fails.

0
phil

Vb.Net Console Application vs. Windows Application
What is the difference between creating a Console Application in Vb.Net and a Windows Application in VB.Net? one runs on the command line and the other in a windows interface. so what's the real question?RTFM - straight talk for web developers. Unmoderated, uncensored, occasionally unreadableJason Brown - MVP, IIS...

Hi..Every One I have a doubt in Vb.NET windows application in attaching multiples files for mail application
 Iam having a Button named ReportSend If iam clicking that button I do the following code to work beyond it..The doubt is Iam having a vb application already done and i need to take .xml file and log.txt files alone in attachment by using application.path..how to do this..iam giving My code please help..i need to complete this module by few days. D:\RAST\RAST\bin\Debug\Reports -- this path contains many .xml files D:\RAST\RAST\bin\Debug -- this path contains many .log filesWithout giving the full path i need to take only those .xml and .log extension files using application.pa...

Convert VB.Net application to C#.net
Haican any one help me to convert VB.Net application in this link to C#.net http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=6718&lngWId=10RegardsAnu Palavila  Regards Anu Palavila Use this Free Conversion tool - http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/vb-to-csharp/  ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | SQL Server Tips Other Code Convertors (convert VB to C# and C# to VB) http://converter.telerik.com/ http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/ http://www.dotnetspider.com...

migrating a powerbuilder application to a VB.Net application
I want to migrate an application built with powerbuilder to a VB.Net application. Someone is supposed to work on that application but the person can only work in the VB.Net environment.So i want to find out if there is a way of migrating my powerbuilder application to VB.Net Wrong newsgroup :-) <bernard>; <ghana> wrote in message news:46c6f6a8.1595.1681692777@sybase.com... >I want to migrate an application built with powerbuilder to > a VB.Net application. Someone is supposed to work on that > application but the person can only work in the VB.Net > envir...

Integrating the C#.net and VB.net application
Hello All,  I'm trying to integrate the C#.net application and VB.net application.  Can you give me any suggestions of how to merge them.  Thanks in Advance You are probably goign to have to convert one of the applications to the other language at one point.  There are online conversion tools to help http://www.carlosag.net/Tools/CodeTranslator/- WilliamPlease mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer".Give some of my PWSK modules a try.  Type of application?We All move to our original place.Don't forget.Imran Baloch @weighfield: I d...

vb.net windows application
i have a project in windows application .I have a inheritted form and when i try to run the application it gave one messae.Saying "THE LINE ENDINGS IN THE FOLLOWING FILE ARE NOT CONSISTENT.DO YOU WANT TO NORMALIZE THE LINE ENDINGS?". I couldn't understand it . Wht is that message?   Since your question is related to a Windows applicaiton and not ASP.NET, I recommend you post on the MSDN Forums.RyanRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.comHow to ask a question...

Convert VB console code into VB.Net Web Application?
Anybody know how to convert this into a project and have a webform work with it instead of the console? http://sourceforge.net/projects/imdbparse/ ' Copyright (c) 2004, Andrew Brereton' All rights reserved.' ' Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without' modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:'  * Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this'    list of conditions and the following disclaimer.'  * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,' ...

start an application from vb.net
Hello I would like to start a batch file from vb.net which launch itself another program It seems to work ok but I have a problem  I can launch this batch file from everywhere (there is a enviromement variable set) from the cmd but when I try to launch it from vb.net it's not working a solution ? :) Thx Check task manager and see if it is running. My guess is that it is....if it really isn't then your application probably doesn't have permission to run it. Website Design Darlington - http://mdssolutions.co.ukhttp://lessthandot.com - Experts, Information, Ideas ...

.Net Application generators
There are a few .Net complete n-tier application generators that generate directly from your database. Some even have their own database building tools. They are great and easy to follow and their applications generate real VB.Net and C# code, easy to learn. These are great starts for .Net stuff except for one thing, PRICE. Iron Speed is about $1500 and for the same exact product features ASPNetNow sells for only $279 for their Web Matrix version or $530 for VS version. Another company Avalanche sells for $995. Amazing price ranges. The first two match feature for feature except the first yo...

how to convert .Net CF application to .Net framework on windows
hi all,    I want to convert .NET Compact Frameworkd application to .NET framework application on windows. Can anybody help me how to do this. thanks Hi, Hope this helps, please read through it all and it will give you the answer. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/bb495180.aspxPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Check out http://www.dgwebit.co.uk...

Web resources about - VB.Net - Running a console application from my Windows Application - asp.net.getting-started

New solution helps enterprises manage web applications
The shift towards the cloud means that running applications is now often done in a browser. While this is convenient for the end user it can ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 30% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Slightly Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 0.2 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

PCB firm Unitech looks to automotive, IoT applications for 2016 growth
PCB maker Unitech Printed Circuit Board expects demand for any-layer designs for use in automotive electronics, wearables and other IoT-connected ...