vb.net apps available via the web?

Hi,

We have vb.net apps we want to keep on our servers and just have the clients point their browsers to them. Can they do this? What is the best way to go about this?
Thanks
Steve
0
SteveInKC

rajbk
6/27/2004 10:03:13 PM
Also, can you generate ASPs from the vb.net code that simulates the application over the web?
0
SteveInKC

I have a web site in vb.net 2003 that I what to convert to vb.net 2005. I open my web site in the visual studio 2005 by Local IIS option. I follow the steps of the visual studio conversion wizard.In the conversion report I received the following warning 'Referencepath' settings have not been converted.  Can anyone tell what I have to do to make this warning disappear? Best regards,Sérgio 'Referencepath'  is a property you can set with with VS2003 project file, sothat when ever you to do Add reference this path is serached for class libraries.  We do not  have that ...

vb.net and c#.net same app
Been asked before, but... If I build a c# web app and someone builds a vb.net desktop app, can they communicate? and can you develop against it...ie..in my c# web app, can I add the vb.net desktop app as a reference? or at least make calls to it? web apps or desktop apps can contain components created in either language. i have a web solution that contains 4 projects. One of the projects is C# the others are VB.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ Thanks...that is what I was looking for ...

VB.NET Data Grid, windows app to web app
Is it possible to make a Web Application Data Grid element with identical functionality as a Windows Application Data Grid? When I run the code as a windows application, it allows me to make direct edits of each database record through the data grid. When I run the code through a browser, however, it only displays the records. This is the code:Any suggestions? Inherits System.Web.UI.Page Dim connstr As String = "data source=SERVER;initial catalog=DB;user id=USER;password=PASSWORD;" Dim sqlStr As String = "SELECT * FROM Users" Dim dt As New DataTable Private Sub btnLoad_Click(B...

Run Vb.net Web app using Web Harpoon
Does anyone know what Begin Tag and End Tag to use to run a VB.Net web App in Web Harpoon? We are experiencing errors trying to run the app. Error --> The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted Thanks,   Erik...

How to get RS (From VB6) to .NET (VB.NET)
Hi Friends,         I have requirement, there is one function in VB6 it returns a RS, I need to call that function in  VB.NET, how to get those values into .NET, if can any body can help (pass me some code snippets), that will be greate, Thank you.Madhu... -Madhu hey guys i got this one just by using fill method.-Madhu...

Both C# ASPX pages and VB.NET ASPX in single VB.NET Web Applcation Template
Hi.. Is it possible to have both c# pages and VB pages in same Webapplication, what i chose is VB.NET Web application Template. With Thanks, Jaya.... I don't see why you couldn't, but for the sake of consistency I don't know why you would want to do this. When you choose a C# or VB.NET application template(I'm assuming you're using VS or WebMatrix), it simply creates a .aspx file that includes a page directive that specifies the page language. If you created a C# template but want to use VB.Net instead, you need to go from: <%@ Page Language="C#" .... to...

How to get HTML Source of web page opened by web browser using vb.net
hello friends,         i have opened an web browser in vb.net using the below code Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Dim nullObject As System.Object = 0 Dim str As String = "" Dim nullObjStr As System.Object = str Windows.Forms.Cursor.Current = Cursors.WaitCursor Dim i As Int16 For i = 1 To 2 AxWebBrowser1.Navigate("http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=test&meta=", True) AxWebBrowser1.Document. Next Windows.Forms.Cursor.Current = Cursors.Default End Sub  ...

how to convert vb.net website to csharp.net web site
Can we convert a website(VB.NET) to csharp.net website in VS2005???mahmood Why do you want to convert VB into C#? you can create new modules for the site in C#, and they can co-exist in the same system. If you have some specific requirements, then use online tools to convert vb.net into c# to convert the codebehind files. Most probably the .aspx file will remain unchanged, but you might need to make some changes here and there.You will get lots of converters online by just googling it. I would strongly recommend avoiding converting codes, as I have faced the horrors of the process. Pr...

Web resources about - vb.net apps available via the web? - asp.net.getting-started

Star Trek fan film creators sued by CBS, Paramount for copyright infringement
With the news that a new Star Trek movie is on the way next year, longtime fans are excited about a return to their beloved fictional universe. ...

ISIS Are The Modern Nazis, And Their Leader Is The New Hitler Preaching Muslim Supremacy
A provocative new report comparing ISIS to the Nazis has been published on The Sun website this week. The piece outlines the similarities between ...

Mom of 'affluenza' teen back in US after Mexico deportation
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The mother of fugitive Texas teen Ethan Couch, known for using an "affluenza" defense in a fatal drunken-driving accident, ...

Steam Confirms 34k User Details Revealed In DoS
Valve had stepped forward to provide an explanation concerning the Christmas Day snafu , where it involved Steam users being greeted by information ...

Obama 'Drives' With Seinfeld for a Coffee at the White House
NBCNews.com Obama 'Drives' With Seinfeld for a Coffee at the White House NBCNews.com President Barack Obama has been labeled one of America's ...

Mayor of Chicago Announces Measures to Curb Use of Deadly Force by the Police
New York Times Mayor of Chicago Announces Measures to Curb Use of Deadly Force by the Police New York Times CHICAGO — Under intense pressure ...

Apple agrees to pay £234m to settle Italian tax dispute - Business - The Guardian
Corporation tax deal follows Apple Italia’s alleged failure to declare earnings in Italy but settlement is thought to be one-third of the estimated ...

Nets: 'Pray' for Cleanthony Early and remember, he was the victim
New York Post Nets: 'Pray' for Cleanthony Early and remember, he was the victim New York Post Jarrett Jack said though Cleanthony Early wasn't ...

Twitter Updates Mac App
Twitter, who recently updated their policy in order to better define certain issues, have also taken a look at the long-neglected Mac app in ...

California Shooter's Friend Indicted on Gun, Terror Charges
Indictment of man tied to California shooters alleges weapons deception, terror conspiracy