VB vs C# #2

Just getting started with ASP.NET and noticing some code samples are using C# instead of VB.

Which do most people use?

I'd rather learn the most commonly used l Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} anguage.

0
RuthlessRoth

Professional developers more often than not write in C#. VB'ers are a more laid back group. A lot of people learn both, as they're very similar.

 BTW, if you want to translate a chunk of code from one language to the other, here's a great site:

http://www.carlosag.net/Tools/CodeTranslator

0
jwriggs
5/4/2009 10:49:01 PM

C# no more VB's

0
jaydev
5/4/2009 10:56:11 PM
VB is better when you are getting started  -once you are working with more complex aspects them C# is better.
Liam Mcmullen
0
liammcmullen
5/4/2009 11:21:35 PM

RuthlessRoth:

Just getting started with ASP.NET and noticing some code samples are using C# instead of VB.

Which do most people use?

Hi,

C# is advantage to a developers who came from Java or C++ because the syntax is pretty much the same,  but basically C# and VB.NET are first-class programming languages that are based on the Microsoft .NET Framework, and they are equally powerful. Both Visual Basic .NET and Visual C# .NET use the common language runtime. There are almost no performance issues between Visual Basic .NET and Visual C# .NET. Visual C# .NET may have a few more "power" features such as handling unmanaged code, and Visual Basic ..NET may be skewed a little toward ease of use by providing features such as late binding..So in terms of What language to use then i would suggest you to choose the language that you are comfortable with.. If you prefer VB then go for it.. but it would be better if you will start leaning C# as well.. :)

Regards,Vinz

vinz
5/5/2009 1:09:09 AM

both also hv its own pros and cons you may find some different functions that available in vb but not in c#

0
mo

Convert VB.Net to C# with C-Sharpener For VB 2.2
C-Sharpener For VB automatically converts VB.Net projects to C# projects through a Visual Studio Add-in. It has a simple to use Wizard interface and typically converts 99%+ of the VB.Net code. You can download a free trial version.We have just released version 2.2 which increases the trial size limit from 500 to 1000 lines of code. We have also improved handling of manifest files, long project paths, Visual Studio 2005 installation, and more.You can find out more athttp://www.elegancetech.com/csvb.aspxRoger JackPresidentElegance Technologies, Inc....

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

VB.NET vs C# #2
Hello,I have been working with Visual Studio 2005 and I use mostly VB.NET.Sometimes I notice that a few things that were possible with C# were not possible with VB.NET.Now I am starting to use VS 2008 and ASP.NET 3.5. Should I use C# instead of VB.NET?Could someone tell me the reasons to choose one or the other?Thanks,Miguel  Hi Miguel, Most of the things are same in VB.NET and C# functionality wise since they both compile to IL, which is same for both the languages. Its just that the ways of doing things might be different, like there is no "using" keyword in VB.NET, simi...

C# vs VB.net #2
Hi, I'm new to .net and I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on the pros and cons of C# and VB. Based on the market, are you finding a bigger demand for C# skills or VB skills. I'm a data warehouse developer (sql server) and when dealing with data, is there a language that's best suitable? Would you find more support for one language versus the other? Also, is there a smaller learning curve for one? Thanks for any feedback that you have. I'm about to dive headfirst into .net and don't know which one I should go with. I've always been around people that used VB, and...

Convert VB.Net to C# with C-Sharpener For VB 2.3
Elegance Technologies has just released version 2.3 of C-Sharpener For VB which support Vista. It also has improved code generation, added support for the new Web application project added to Visual Studio 2005, and more. C-Sharpener For VB automatically converts VB.Net projects to C# projects through a Visual Studio Add-in. It has a simple to use Wizard interface and typically converts 99%+ of the VB.Net code. You can download a free trial version. You can find out more at http://www.elegancetech.com/csvb/csvb.aspx Roger JackPresidentElegance Technologies, Inc....

Convert VB.Net to C# with C-Sharpener For VB 2.0
Elegance Technologies has just released version 2.0 of C-Sharpener For VB. The release contains many new features including support for Visual Studio .Net 2005 and all new language features, an option to eliminate dependencies on the VisualBasic namespace, an option to comment out unused private fields, methods, and properties, control over the opening curly brace location, and more. C-Sharpener For VB automatically converts VB.Net projects to C# projects through a Visual Studio Add-in. It has a simple to use Wizard interface and typically converts 99%+ of the VB.Net code. You can downloa...

C#.NET in VS.NET vs. C# in Web Matrix
Hi all, I am very new to .NET ... I realized C#.NET is only available from Visual Studio.NET ... however, I realized Web Matrix also allowed us to choose C# as language but not C#.NET ... they are not the same, right? If not, then why it's in Web Matrix which runs ASP.NET?? If I need to run C#.Net, I MUST GET VS.NET, right? Can C#.NET has the abality to create chat program? Thank you very much. C#.NET and C# are the same thing. JimMS MVP ASP.NET [VC++/MFC emeritus]Old Dog Learns New TricksPreferred programming language: cuneiform on clay tablets So ... that means I can use web matrix t...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003 #2

True OOPS c#.net vs vb.net
Hi, Can i get the comparison between c#.net vs vb.net on the basis of supported object oriented feature. Which one supports more features of OOPS. They both support the same features since they are both based off the same IL code.  You will see no difference between the two.  Hope this helps.P.S.  By using the term "C#.NET" is a dead give away that you are new to the language.  Because C#.NET is a redundant term since C# is only available for the .NET Framework. View My Blog Download My URL Rewriter and Reverse ProxyOnly $9.95/month, ASP.NET, 2GB & SQL 2005 ...

[Hot Discussion] VB.NET vs. C#.NET by performance
Which one have the much better performance? Which one is the best?Parco LeeOwner + Webmaster + System Engineer + Professional ProgrammerSoftDweller Lab (a software laboratory)http://www.softdweller.comA professional laboratory for new technology softwares developing by .NET.http://www.nowlover.com Hmmm, the discussion doesn't appear very hot. By the way, the answer is its all personal taste, give or take a few things that aren't important.Thanks, Paul Wilson, ASPInsider, MC**For the best .NET code, examples, and tools, visit:WilsonDotNet.com, WilsonWebPortal.com, ORMapper.net I'...

Difference between now C# is compiled vs. VB.net in VS?
Can anyone tell me the difference between now C# is compiled vs. VB.net in VS? I was given a question of this mature in recent interview and could not answer it, nor could I find anything on the net. The question was more complex than that, I just can't remember in detail. It also contained something regarding "Runtime Module". From what I know, the compiler converts the either code into a "intermediate" language that is then able to communicate with the underlying OS, right? Thanks, EJMSoftware engineering is a team sport. Read the following articles: http...

VB.NET vs. C#.NET Behavior of Visual Studio
I'm transitioning from coding in VB to coding in C#. Maybe I have something set wrong, but a behavioral difference is driving me bananas. When I edit a VB source file, the two drop-downs at the top of the edit view are Class Name and Method Name, and it makes it easy to add a new event handler for any of the controls on the page. Choose which one on the left, pick your event on the right, and VS inserts an empty, properly formatted subroutine. In C# mode, however, those two drop-downs are labeled Types and Members, and there doesn't appear to be a way to tell it to create the empty framew...

Web resources about - VB vs C# #2 - asp.net.getting-started

VB.com Fame List - 2 letters to the Very Beautiful brands of the World
Design and Luxury Information Portal VB brands (Very Beautiful brands of the World) are from different fields they have in common to be pioneers ...

Tours VB - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

VB Dover St (@VBDoverSt) on Twitter
Log in Sign up To bring you Twitter, we and our partners use cookies on our and other websites. Cookies help personalize Twitter content, tailor ...

VB Writer on the App Store on iTunes
Get VB Writer on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Nom nom nom donut. Working on some VB.Net code. #newsfromthecube - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

VB Victoria Bitter (Australian ad) 1988 - YouTube
VB Victoria Bitter commercial from 1988. Love the good old VB ads, so AUSTRALIAN!!!! The best cold beer is Vic, Victoria Bitter!!! Have to say ...

VB or not VB, that is the sponsor's question
Fawad Ahmed will not sport VB logo on his gear due to religious objections.

VB: the second best cold beer
Australia's most popular beer for decades, VB, has lost its crown, with interloper XXXX Gold now officially the nation's biggest-selling brew. ...

VB Facebook row 'just a test'
A COMPLAINT to the advertising watchdog over comments on a VB Facebook page, which could cripple the ability of brands to use the social media, ...

Fancy craft beers hurting VB and Crown Lager
Australian beer drinkers are shunning traditional brands like VB, Carlton Draught and Crown Lager.