Validation to Check if checkbox is checked

Hi,

Which Validation statement should i use to check whether a checkbox is checked?

torontomale

You can also use CustomValidator for validate if check box is checked or not. Here is the example:

<script>

function checkTemp()

{

            if (document.getElementById("valcheckBoxTemp").checked)

                        args.IsValid = true;

            else

                        args.IsValid = false;

}

</script>

<asp:CheckBox ID="checkBoxTemp" Runat=server Text="Required CheckBox"></asp:CheckBox>

<asp:CustomValidator id="valcheckBoxTemp" runat="server" ClientValidationFunction="checkTemp" ErrorMessage="This is required control"></asp:CustomValidator>

~ Firoz Ansari
Pune, India
http://www.firozansari.com
Why product testing is important?
0
firoz
6/11/2006 6:09:19 AM

Please allow me to correct the original reply.

1. <script> -> <script language='javascript'>

2. function checkTemp() ->  function checkTemp(sender, args)

3. Always create a server side evaluation method on a custom validator because you cannot be sure that the client-side code will run on every browser. See the .net docs for the CustomValidator for how to write a server side evaluation method.

--- Peter Blum
Creator of Peter's Data Entry Suite (formerly Professional Validation And More and Peter's Date Package) and Peter's Polling Package
www.PeterBlum.com
0
PLBlum

checking checkbox is checked or not using checkbox.checked
Hi,my checkbox is<asp:CheckBox ID="Chkcity" runat="server" Text="My own city"  OnCheckedChanged="EventHandler"/>code behind: Private Sub Chkcity_CheckedChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Chkcity.CheckedChangedif (Chkcity ...............)end if End SubERROR    'EventHandler' is not a member of 'ASP.bpoaddjob_aspx'.    Please Mark the post as "ANSWER" if it helps you I think it should be like this:<asp:CheckBox ID="Chkcity"...

Check All Check Box While Check Header CheckBox
 hello...I have two grid on same page...both grid contains header checkbox and item checkbox i want that if use check header checkbox then all item check box checked,i have javascript for this functinality but problem is that when i click on header check box of first grid then checkbox of second grid also checked that i dnt want i want to perform this operation on one grid at one time.i have attache my script also...plz help me....thanks<script type="text/javascript">        function SelectAll(ID)      &nbs...

Getting Error While Checking Whether CheckBox Is Checked Or Not
Hello Friends, I am getting following problem  I am using VS 2003. And VB.Net Error Message   Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Source Error:  Line 227:            ObjCheck = CType(Me.FindControl("Customer" + I.ToString()), CheckBox)Line 228:            ObjText = CType(Me.FindControl("CustomerCode" + I.ToString()), TextBox)Line 229:  &...

Check One CheckBox To Check All CheckBoxes
All the rows in a DataGrid, including the Header, are accompanied with a CheckBox. I want that when the CheckBox in the Header is checked, then all the CheckBoxes should automatically get checked. I set the AutoPostBack property of the CheckBox in the Header to True & am invoking a sub named CheckAllRows on the CheckedChanged event of this CheckBox. The CheckBox in the Header exists within the HeaderTemplate of a TemplateColumn in the DataGrid & the rest of the CheckBoxes reside within the ItemTemplate of the same TemplateColumn. This is the code (the ID of the CheckBox in the Header...

How to check for the existing user in database and using custom validator how to check check box is checked or not?
Hi Friends, For Registration page i want to check if that user already exist in database or not? and i also have to check if user have check the checkbox for i agree then only he will be able to complete registration. here i am sending my design. and all validation i have done all validation except these two.<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > <head id="Head1" runat="server"> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> <title>PRIZE MLS</title><link href="css/style.c...

Javascript validation on gridviev for checking wheter any of the checkbox is checked or not
Hi guys! I have gridview with checkboxes.  I have calculate button outside gridview. This calculate button do some calculations depending on the row selected by checking checkbox Now on onClientClick event of calculate button i want to call javascript which will show alert message if none of the row is selected by checking checkbox. how to achieve  this...... Any help will be appreciated.   Thank yousarvesh button OnClientClick = "return ValidateCheckBox();"function ValidateCheckBox(){var allChkBox   = document.getElementsByTagName('input&...

Checked=Checked
 I am dynamically writing out checkboxes on a page.  I have 2 link buttons on the page that sets a boolean variable to True or False. This boolen is set in Page_PreInit and is used to Select or Deselect all the Checkboxes as they are written out. A Select ALL, Deselect ALL type of thing. At least that is the plan. As the page is being written out I do this for each checkbox and then add it to a table cell control that it added to a table row and on. tc is the table cell.  Dim chkItem As CheckBox = New CheckBox chkItem.ID = "chkRecommend" + drMember("ID")...

Check out/check in
Hello How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Native. I don't understand what is the parameters of Source Control ? Thank you Better to ask this in the source control group. Lots of posts on PBNative -- Evita Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies Inc. <Herv� Bareth> wrote in message news:3f69678e.7b3a.846930886@sybase.com... > Hello > > How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder > 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Native. ...

Check-in/Check-out
I'm having some difficulty with powerbuilder's check-in/check-out operation. When I check an object back in, the .pbl the object is being moved from is destroyed. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix? Cheers, Tom Thomas F. (Tom) Massey wrote: > > I'm having some difficulty with powerbuilder's check-in/check-out > operation. When I check an object back in, the .pbl the object is > being moved from is destroyed. > > Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix? > > Cheers, > > Tom The prob...

Check out/check in
Hello How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Native. I don't understand what is the parameters of Source Control ? Thank you Have you looked the PB8 User's guide? Chapter 3 talks about source control. -- Evita Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies Inc. <Herv� Bareth> wrote in message news:3f69ba0a.592b.846930886@sybase.com... > Hello > > How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder > 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Na...

Check in
Hi all. I am migrating from PB 7.0 to PB 10.5, After migrating my first application i am trying to work on my first window but i'am not able to find out the way to CHECK it OUT. Wher do i can find "check out/check in" functions ?? TIA Mario Parietti What source control are you using? Have you configured it? Right click on your Workspace and check the source control tab to see if you've got it set up. "Mario Parietti" <mparietti@intercad.ch> wrote in message news:451283e0$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi all. > I am migrating from PB...

Check In/Check out
I am using PowerBuilder 9. The undo check out is right next to the check in. This is a big problem! I so easy to select Undo check out and lose all of your changes. I lost 8 hours of work yesterday because of it. I know I should be more careful. However, there should be a "Are you sure" some where also. PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ This isn't the tech support line, it's an end-user forum. If you want to report a bug, use CaseXpress and either open a case or report a bug ...

Check In Check Out
I have some source code that I need to modify and it was sent to me in a Registered status. Therfore, when I open any object it says " 'object name' is registered but not checked out and therefore can not be overwritten. Open anyway?" Then when I try to check it out, I get "PBNative checkout not allowed for registered objects." How can I get around this? When I look under the "Source" menu, all the items concerning registered are grayed out. TIA Option1:Copy the object(Only) to someother pbl and try . Option2:If You have any SCC Expo...

Getting checkbox check to work in order to hide GridView columns if or if not checked
Ok, I have a checkbox outside my gridview on my aspx page.  I want to check whether it's checked or not and if it is not checked, hide 2 columns.  If it is checked, show the 2 columns.  So far, it works if I put in just this, and no check on the checkbox.  This hides my 2 columns:     Protected Sub SearchResults_RowDataBound(ByVal s As Object, ByVal e As GridViewRowEventArgs)         If e.Row.RowType = DataControlRowType.DataRow Then              &nb...

Web resources about - Validation to Check if checkbox is checked - asp.net.getting-started

Validation (drug manufacture) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the pharmaceutical , medical device , food, blood establishments, tissue establishments, and clinical trials industries, validation is the ...

Serena Williams eyes history, Caroline Wozniacki craves validation in women's US Open final
As Serena Williams eyes another slice of tennis history, Caroline Wozniacki is craving validation with a watershed US Open final triumph on Sunday ...

Travers Duncan asks High Court to strike down ICAC validation laws
ICAC could be sent back to the High Court as a challenge to new laws validating corruption findings looms.

Adam Scott proclaims Texas win as validation of No.1 ranking
... No.1 golfer, beating American Jason Dufner in the third hole of a play-off at the Colonial event. "It's a good feeling and maybe some validation ...

Hollande to sign gay marriage bill after Constitutional Council's validation
Hollande to sign gay marriage bill after Constitutional Council's validation People's Daily Online ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31. Jan, Feb, Mar, ...

Marketers, Get Ready for the 'Validation Era'
The public brands included has been engaging in a "friends" arms race. But there are signs that we know we overdid it.

Validation and Uncertainty
What an extraordinary conversation I had recently on Twitter. It started with Neil Killick’s statement that we should not consider our stories ...

Nvidia Icera 410 LTE Modem Passes AT&T Network Validation
... Today's news is a small step and logical precursor toward both goals, Nvidia's Icera 410 LTE and HSPA+ baseband has passed AT&T's network validation ...

Ting’s Q1 Subscriber Growth Suffers from Sprint’s New Unlocking Validation Process
Back in February, Sprint updated the process it uses to validate unlocked devices that customers want to utilize on other carriers or one of ...

[Android M Feature Spotlight] Stricter APK Validation Now Actually Checks If All Of An APK's Files Are ...
While you might file this one under "really? We weren't doing this already?" if you're a security expert, Google has added stricter validation ...