validation controls - client side validation

Hi all,

I have a web form with a few controls and reqdfield, compare & regex validation controls. On all validation controls i have enabled the client script property. Yet when I submit the form it does a postback to do the validation. Any ideas? I am running vs2005 beta 2.

TIA!
0
paramr

Hello.
how do these validators perform the validation of the other controlos? whar browser are you using?
--
Regards,
Luis Abreu

http://forums.asp.net/995044/ShowPost.aspx

TIA!
0
paramr

Controlling the controls a validator validates
Hello, I want to control which controls appear for a validator when they go to controltovalidate dropdown in property grid.  Is the solution to create a designer for the control?  How do you regulate that?  I can't override the ControlToValidate property... Thanks.Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). Well ur logic is true, thats the way, what u need to do is not override the property (cant), create another property, that implemen...

Validation control not doing server side validation?
I think the subject covers what I'm asking.  I want to run some checks on the data that was entered after the page was submitted, but I don't know how to handle it if there's a problem the user has to go back and fix.  So I thought I'd try to work around the validation control to see how .NET handles it.  I have a text field that is required.  When the submit button is clicked, I assume some client side validation is run.  I get the validation message I want and the form won't submit.   But then I made a change in the on click event of the submit butto...

Validator controls
To perform validation on the server using the validator controls, do i have to call the Validate method on each request or is there a way to set it to do this automatically?   Hi all, I have figured this one out. I realised I wasn't checking the IsValid property before changing the ActiveView of my MultiView control. ...

validating .net validation controls using javascript
 I need to validate multiple .net validation groups(a normal group would consist of RequiredFieldValidators, RegularExpressionValidators, ValidationSummary, etc) using javascript.  I am using Page_ClientValidate("GroupName") to validate the groups.  The problem arises when i validate multiple groups.  The validation summary and errors only appear for the last group validated or nothing appears if the last group validated returns true.  I want all validation summaries and errors to appear for all groups that return a false validation.  I'll never va...

Why validation control validate after...
I am using asp file upload and apply requiredfield validator and it shows an error message when i click on button its work fine but after selectin of file i press again click button the file upload successfully but the error message display again after successfull execution how can i solve this...Remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post, if it helps you. Hi, What error you encountered? And could you please post some code? You didn't refer to Ajax functionality. BTW if you put fileupload control into UpdatePanel, it is not available. UpdatePanel doesn't support fileupload.Vi...

Validation Control question
Hello.  I have a form with several validation controls checking input boxes.  This form also has a DDL (dropdownlist).  This form also has a formview control in insert mode - this formview control has the validation controls.  The formview visibility is set to false. When a user selects an item from the DDL (which causes a postback) I set the visibilty of the formview to true.  At this point the validation controls are showing errors in th evalidation summary even though the user has not attempted to do any inputs. Where or how can I control when the validation ...

How to display all of my validation controls in my Validation summary control?
I have a  validation summary control I am using on a web form to validate various controls on a web form. For one of the controls  which is a text box control, I have a custom validation control. When someone presses the save button, all of the controls are validated. If any errors occur, then the error message is displayed in the validation summary area above all of the controls. This is what I want. The problem though is that I also get an error message next to my text box which was assigned the custom validator control. The problem here is that the error message i...

Validator.Validate() ?
Hello guys,When I created a function to do custom validation I tried to use RegularExpressionValidator.Validate(). My code: 1 protected void EvaluateNewGateWay(object source, ServerValidateEventArgs args) 2 { 3 if (chBoxNewGW.Checked) 4 { 5 RegularExpressionValidator rev = new RegularExpressionValidator(); 6 rev.ErrorMessage = "REV Error"; 7 rev.ControlToValidate = "txtNewGW"; 8 rev.ValidationExpression = "http(s)?://([\\w-]+\\.)+[\\w-]+(/[\\w- ./?%&=]*)?"; 9 rev.Tex...

Validators not Validating

Validation controls are triggereing other forms validation controls?
Can someone please look at this an explain whats going on. When you click on subscribe it triggers my registration form validation controls. I'not sure what "subscribe" is supposed to do, but if you dont want it to cause validation, set the CausesValidation property to false.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ Make sure the feild is an email address Hey coolkidsonly, your initial posting didn't show us anything to look at. We are just guessing here without the specifics. However, m...

To validate or not to validate
Hey people! Here is my situation - I've created a dynamic data website with one table. The fields of this table are mostly varchar() not NULL, and all fields are defined with default value. When trying to insert new row with empty values I get required validation on all fields. What would be the best way to enable this validation only on some of these fields, while using default values for the others? For example empty string for varchar or 0 for int, etc Thanks Michael no in this case it will be add what error its return when u add. .Net DeveloperWeb Site Design and W...

Validation controls are getting fired even if Validation groups are different.
We are facing some problem in using validation controls in following scenario.  We have used the User Control in Web page and the content of both web page and User control are as follow: User Control Content –  1)      One Textbox added. 2)      Two regular expression Validation controls are added. Validation Group for both these validation controls is different. For e.g. Validation Group for first regular expression validation control is “GP1” and “GP2” is for Second validation control. Different values are set for Error ...

Creating a User Control validator that validates a control on the page, rather than inside the control.
I'm trying to create a custom user control that is nothing more than a RangeValidator that validates other controls that lie on the page rather than inside the control itself... is this possible, is there a way to "bubble" it up. Thanks, G My answer to your other question regarding the CompareValidator applies here. If the custom control is in the same naming container AND does not implement INamingContainer, you can create a property that lets the user assign the control to validate. Internally assign the Validator.ControlToValidate property to the value of that property.-...

Using Validation Control When the control to validate is initially hidden
Hi to all, When I used the validation controls (RequiredField Validator)  in initially VISIBLE controls, it works fine. But when the controls i want to validate is initially hidden, it seems that the validation doesn't not work. What do you think is the problem?  By the way, my hidden controls is in a table inside a PopUpPanel which is inside an UpdatePanel. Hope you can help me. Thanks Khrizz   khrizz Hello!! You can use like following: to avoid this condition. protected void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { &nbs...

validation control in runtime dont recognized control to validate
 i have repeater with textbox and dropdown, according t some value i set visible = true / false to each one of these controlsnow , in some textbox i want to add programaticly a required field to validate this text box and i get the following massage:  "Unable to find control id 'ROOT_UNIT' referenced by the 'ControlToValidate' property of ' ' "here is some code:    Private Const RootUnitControlId As String = "ROOT_UNIT" looping the repeater with repeater item (ri)     ElseIf type = SegmentInfo....