Using Win Form controls in web forms

Hi All,

  Please tell me if i can't use the window forms controls in my webform.

What if i simply import the System.windows.forms Namespace. Definitely this will help me to expose the class & methods, but will they work accordingly when get rendered.

I am totally confused.. please help me.

bhandari04

Simple answer:  You can't.  Webforms controls render as HTML; while this may be possible to achieve with Winforms controls by invoking the design-time rendering, I doubt it's going to work very well.

What control are you trying to use?

Peter Brunone
MS MVP, ASP.NET
Founder, EasyListBox.com
Do the impossible, and go home early.
0
PeterBrunone
6/28/2006 9:06:38 PM
here's an article I came across

Hope That Helps
All that wander, are not lost...
What were we talkin bout
0
uncleb
6/28/2006 9:18:12 PM

Thanks,

 I am using ShockwaveFlashObjects.ShockwaveFlashClass That is inherited form System.Windows.Forms class AxHostdl component.

Using the same procedure i am able to work with winForms but when i am using the same code for WebForm its not working.

Though its not an exact window control. Should i go for building a user conrol first.

Satish

0
bhandari04

use web control in win form
i have a webservice which use well in webform now, i use that web service in winform, but some web control not support in win form, for example FileUpload. How to use that webservice in winform Since your question is related to a Windows application, I recommend you post on the MSDN Forums.Ryan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.comHow to ask a question No, you cannot. Well you could, but you would have to use the MSHTML control and have IIS running in the background. You need to read in the file using file streams and upload the bytes to your webservice.&nbs...

how to get the list of all controls used in web form
hi i have a web page with some contorls like table, text box, label, panel etc. when my web page opens i want to know all the controls palced in the web page and their name/id. can any body tell me how to get the control details. thanks durga Every control has a Controls property that returns all the child controls. You can access all the controls on a page by iterating over the Page.Controls property and then these controls' child controls and so on.I could write a signature here, but who'd read it? Hopefully you are using VS, as I do not know how to do this in Web Mat...

user control data entry form, use same codebehind as web form?
Hi All, I have a quesiton about the approach I'm taking. I have a series of report forms which I have been in the process of consolidating to a single, generic page and subs/functions in a single code-behind. All the reports can use the same set of data entry elements (a dropdown, a radio list, and a textbox). I'm trying to convert these elements to a user control. However, this user control seems to need to inherit differently than the rest of the code-behind. I've been using a single class in the code behind. Is it feasible to separate out the data entry? the code behind im...

Web Form and Win Form?
Hi, I have few questions need to be answered: 1) I am trying to create an asynchronous application in E-commerce ... but this site: http://weblogs.asp.net/dphill/articles/43260.aspx saying webform can't really do that ... what should I do??!!! I am going to use either MSMQ or Asynchronous Webservice calls to do this application ... can both applied on webform? Is there any examples? 2) I suppose Web Matrix don't creates WinForms ... right? 3) I realized we can create Web Service file and XML Web Service file in Web Matrix ... if I just need to create an asynchronous e-commerce...

How to get a changed web form control name to use in javascript?
When you use a user control, all web form controls names get changed by .NET some like ctl0_ctl5_txtFirstName where txtFirstName is the actual name I gave. in Javascript, to refer to this control I can do like document.getElementById('ctl0_ctl5_txtFirstName') but the thing is from time to time, the prefix, in this case ctl0_ctl5_, gets changed again. So the javascript does not work anymore. Is there any way of handling this situation? Is there any server method to get the prefix? If then I can send the prefix to client side and prefix it with actuall control name like var ...

Which is more difficult Win Forms or Web Forms?
I'd have thought Web Forms because of the stateless nature of the web and the difficulty of adding client side script.Web dev - spending forever achieving nothing. WinForms, when you want to display your information on the internet :) Pick the right tool for the right job “If something can go wrong, it will”...

Web Forms Communicating With Win Forms
Hi, I am supposed to develop this system. There is this win form that is running in Computer A and a web sever running in Computer B. Computer B will host the web application where users can save their things into the database in Computer B. The problem is that users from any browser has to communicate to the win form to get data and display in the browser and save in the database. How am I supposed to communicate between the win form and ASP.NET web pages? Please advise. Thank you! Hi, I don't understand the last part of your post, but I think you have to create one web service that...

Web Form like Win Form
Hi, i need to open a browser window, but it should not be an Internet Explorer or Netscape Browser Window. Is it possible to create an own window like a WinForm for Desktop-Applications where I can define my own menu and so on? Snoopy.... Hi, Take a look @ : - WilsonDotNet's Windows Forms Control - Frameless Popup HTHK B ShajudeenAreYaar.comDubai, United Arab Emirates....

Web resources about - Using Win Form controls in web forms - asp.net.getting-started

TERROR IN JAKARTA: 'Situation under control' after explosions, gunfire erupt in Indonesian capital
At least six people are dead, including three police officers, after several explosions at the Sarinah shopping mall in an apparent multi-site ...

Backburn approved in bid to control bushfire before blaze hit Wye River - HeraldSun Search Search
A BACKBURN was approved to try to control a bushfire in the days before it tore through more than 100 homes in Wye River on Christmas Day.

WA fires: threatening Jindalee blaze brought under control
A fire that was at one stage a threat to lives on homes in Jindalee on Thursday has been brought under control.

Grassfire near Leneva in Victoria's north-east now under control, fire authorities say
A grassfire burning near Leneva in Victoria's north-east is now under control, fire authorities say.

Publicis Said to Weigh Bid for Control of Cheil Worldwide
Publicis Groupe is weighing a bid for a controlling stake in Cheil Worldwide, people with knowledge of the matter said. The French company is ...

Playing around with BMW’s 7 Series gesture control user interface
We take a BMW 7 Series for a short drive to play with its gesture control. Video shot/edited by Jennifer Hahn. (video link) LAS VEGAS—Yesterday, ...

BMW recalls i8 for stability control problem
... , BMW , Safety , Coupe , Hybrid , Performance BMW will recall a small number of 2015 i8s because of a problem with the dynamic stability control ...

Embracing the NRA on gun control
I’m just stealing a massive post from Stonekettle Station on a plausible path forward towards sanity on guns: Those laws should be designed ...

Researchers say that Apple controls over 50% of the smartwatch market
Apple sold over half of all smartwatches in 2015, according to research firm Juniper . Android Wear, which is developed by Google, captured ...