Using VS.net 2005 and SQL Server 2005 for real projects?

We are working on the design of our new web site, which we initially targeted for ASP.NET 1.1.  We also planned on using SQL Server Reporting Services from SQL Server 2000.  However, I have been reading about ASP.NET 2.0, as well as vs.net 2005 and SQL Server 2005, including the fact that they are planned for release in Novemeber.

My questions is - should we consider using the beta products for our project, with the thought that they are relatively stable and production versions will be out in a few months?  I do see a number of attractive features in these new releases that could help make our development more efficient./effective.

So are these products stable enough at this point?

Thanks in advance,
nickpup

NickPup
NOSPAMnickpup@hotmail.com
0
nickpup

A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate -While creating a SQL SERVER 2005 Stored prodecure in VS.NET 2005
 Running [dbo].[insertlogin] ( @log = hiten, @pas = hiten ).A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate "insertlogin": System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Must declare the scalar variable "@Log".System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException:    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionSmi.EventSink.Pro...

Crystal for VS.NET 2005 and logon on SQL SERVER 2005
Hello everybody,   I need to interface a webapplication with a crystal report on a SQL server 2005 database I'm using the reportdocument class to create my report which I then map to the Crystalreportviewer. In my code i've a method which sets the logon information for all the tables used in the report. This is the code: private void SetLogonDetailsForReport(ref ReportDocument repDoc) { int i; for (i = 0; i <= repDoc.Database.Tables.Count - 1; i++) { TableLogOnInfo logOnInfos = new TableLogOnInfo(); logOnInfos.ConnectionInfo.ServerName =  <<server address>&g...

Debugging Sql Sever 2005 Procedures using VS.Net 2005
Hello, Is it possible to  Debug Sql Sever 2005 Procedures using VS.Net 2005?? Is so, can anybody let me know the steps pls Regards      Have at look at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/s0fk6z6e(VS.80).aspxhttp://searchsqlserver.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid87_gci1197403,00.htmlThank you for asking an interesting question! Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped. thanks a ton !!  ...

SQL Server 2005 CTP June and VS .NET 2005 Rc1?
Is SQL Server 2005 CTP June is compatible with VS .NET 2005 RC 1?Thanks for your helpRegardsDavid No I think the SQL Server 2005 June CTP uses the Visual Studio 2005 July CTP while the SQL Server 2005 September CTP uses Visual Studio 2005 September CTP.  Try the link below and use the drop down list to find your CTP compatiblity and download the SQL Server 2005 September CTP if you need it.  Hope this helps.http://channel9.msdn.com/ctpmadness/Default.aspxhttp://www.microsoft.com/sql/2005/productinfo/ctp.mspxKind regards,Gift Peddie I've just downloaded CTP September and it work...

VS.NET 2005 beta 1 and SQL Server 2005 beta 3
Hello, I can't get Visual Studio .NET 2005 beta 1 and SQL Server 2005 beta 3 without there being issues between the two. They both require their own version of the .NET framework 2 beta, and then the other problem doesn't work correctly. Should I install VS.NET 2005 and then install a later build? Where can I get the newest build? BrianBrian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). If you're talking about SqlServer 2005 Beta2, then yse they can wo...

Web admin tool in vs.net 2005 in combination with SQL server 2005
Hi,a couple of weeks I became the proud owner of the Beta experience DVD's filled with a lot of stuf. I got a new laptop from my new employer and wanted to try out the new stuff because we're working already with the beta 2 pieces on our current assignment (winforms 2.0 in that case :-) ).I installed SQL server 2005 that shipped and after that vs.net 2005 without the SQL server 2005 Express edition. I created a new website and wanted to try out the new administration tool for setting up everything for my security because I wanted to play with the new login controls.It gave me some timeout er...

VS.NET 2005 July CTP and SQL Server 2005 Deverloper Edition
The latest version of SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition is the June CTP.  I wanted to install the July CTP of VS.NET 2005 Pro because of the changes but it doesn't like the June CTP of SQL Server.  Currently on my box i'm just using the Management Studio of SQL Server and not the database engine itself.  Anyone know if they are going to release the July CTP version of SQL Server?  Will it be in the next Code Drop for the July CTP of VS.NET?  Anyone know when that will be?...

Converting project from VS:Net 2003 to Vs.Net 2005
Hi there,can anyone help with converting a project from Vs.NET 2003 to vs.net 2005. Its not the internal workings that are a problem but the organization...I understand that under mydocuments\visual Studio 2005\  there are 2 directories (amongst others)1 is projects1 is websitesin projects these store the sln file and all the code for a gui app for examplefor websites in projects is just the sln which points to the websites directory where all the code is for a website i.e. under \mydocs\visual studio 2005\websitesam i right?So in simple terms, what is the best way of importing my vs.ne...

How to design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications
Hi,   Can we design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications. If so how they can be designed. Plz help me if any one know the solution. Thanx in advance, Vidya     Are you asking if you can use VS.Net 2005 to design reports, yes, both client and server reports are built using VS.Net. If you are asking if you can use a web application to build a report, well yes you could, but you would have you design it.  All sql server reports are is an xml file, so if you can build a front end that will generate the xml in the proper ...

Switch back from using VS.Net 2005 to VS.Net 2003
Hi All, Last Month I installed VS.Net 2005 using Framework 2.0 beta 1. Everything worked great using VS.Net 2005. Today, I decided to switch back to VS.Net 2003. I need to do some other projects that has been developed using Framework 1.1. When I open my ASP.Net project using VS.Net 2003, I got this error "The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the Web Project located at the following URL:....... 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error'. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem without uninstall VS.Net2005 and reinstall VS.Net2003? Great...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003

Visual Basic .NET 2005 Express & Sql Server 2005 Express remote server
Hi,  I want to make a component library in Visual Basic.NET and connect to a remote Sql Server. When I create a new DataSet with the wizard, I can only connect to a .mdf file, but not to a Sql Server. With Visual Web Developer I can connect to a Sql server. What is the difference between these enviroments ? How can I do the same with Visual Basic.NET ?  Thanks in advance. Visual Basic .NET Express cannot connect to SQL Servers. The Visual Web Developer is the only express edition that can utilize SQL Server. You need to upgrade to Visual Studio 2005 Standard or higher.Cheers,&n...

Report Server Project using sql server 2005 and VS 2008
 ok...this question might be completely stupidI run sql server 2005 and VS 2008...I need to create to Report Server projectVS2005 has the Report Server Project under the Business Intelligence Projects selection when you create a new project...How do I do this in VS2008?  Unfortunately u can't do it with VS2008U have to use VS2005 for sql server 2005 reporting.VS2008 will support[not current]  the reporting services project of Sql server 2008 You can check http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/VisualStudio/microsoft.public.vsnet.setup/2008-01/msg00026.htmlKamran ShahidSr. ...

Web resources about - Using VS.net 2005 and SQL Server 2005 for real projects? - asp.net.getting-started

The Project Shrink - Welcome To Shrinkonia.
... about the importance of the environment we work in and the stories we tell, we should have a Set Designer and a Storyteller on our projects. ...

Better Projects
I think this book by Tobias is beautifully written. There is real craftmanship in the prose here. The book is made up of independent self contained ...

Project Gutenberg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Most of the items in its collection are the full texts of public domain books . The project tries to make these as free as possible, in long-lasting, ...

The Project's Waleed Aly wows journos with guitar work at Walkley Awards
The Project's Waleed Aly has proven he's more than just an accomplished journalist and lawyer, he's also a bit of a rock star.

France challenges Tesla with ambitious $7,000 electric car project
... Segolene Royal said that the government will encourage companies to build an electric car priced under $7,000, which is an ambitious project ...

Arctic Monkeys side project The Last Shadow Puppets post video teasing new music & "Spring 2016"
TLSP at Sound Fix in 2008 (they don't look like this anymore) (more by Bao Nguyen) Arctic Monkeys frontman Alex Turner's other band The Last ...

DeGrussa Copper-Gold Mine Solar & Battery Project 50% Complete
... into construction of the 10.6 MW solar + 6 MW battery at the off-grid DeGrussa Copper-Gold Mine in Australia, the operator says the project ...

Young Thug And Fetty Wap Dropping Joint Project Together, Thugger Gives Big Clue
Young Thug announced that he and Fetty Wap will be releasing a joint project together.

After six months with Google's Project Fi, I'd switch if I could
If there's anything that needs disrupting in the US, it's wireless carriers. By and large, Americans pay far too much for our monthly cell phone ...