Using Server.Redirect I am calling a web form. When I close the new form, the app closes.

How do I prevent closing the web application when I only want to close the form I have just opened?  I am using a linkbutton to open the new form.  It opens fine but when I close that form, the web application closes also.  any suggestions?

d40

and welcome to the ASP.NET forums.

A Server.Redirect only tells your browser to retrieve a new webform and stays in the same browser so the behavior you're experiencing is correct. What behavior do you want to achieve?

Grz, Kris.

XIII
3/28/2006 9:20:26 AM

You need to use javascript to open the page in a new window. Set the ClientClick property to this:

javascript:window.open('page.aspx');

HTH

Mark post(s) as "Answer" that helped you

Electronic Screw
Website||Blog||Dub@i.net
0
e_screw