UserID field in SQL Express won't match to SQL 2000 field

Hi - I am using .net2, with Sql Express for the Users/Membership etc, and a SQL 2000 database for my actual web application.

I want to associate my user in the aspnet_Users table of the SQL Express database, with records from the SQL 2000 database.

In SQL Express the datatype for the UserID field is uniqueidentifier, length 16.  In SQL 2000 therefore, I added a table, with a column name of UserID as uniqueidentifier, length 16.

When I try to insert the UserID from SQL Express into the UserID field of the SQL 2000 table, I get the error: Guid should containt 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx)

What datatypes should I use to setup the relationship between my SQL Express UserID and the SQL 2000 UserID?

Thanks for any help,

Mark

0
mtait

Are you sure you are getting data and not trying to insert nulls? I don't know of any difference between SQL 2000 and 2005 uniqueidentifier data type, I believe they are the same.

Joe

http://www.joeaudette.com
http://www.mojoportal.com
0
joeaudette
10/17/2006 3:51:03 PM

Hi Joe - you're right, having rechecked, and taken a break and gone back to it, my code was to blame.  Lesson learnt, take a break and go back with a fresh pair of eyes - works wonders!!!

 Cheers, Mark

0
mtait

Converting a SQL Server TEXT field so we don't get overflow in a dw.
I thought this would work Convert(varchar(4099), Err.error_text), However, I am still getting a data overflow error. The column is defined on the SQL Server Side to be that of text and it is my understanding that the maximum size PB will hold in a dw in char(4099)....Someone correct me if I am wrong. Can anyone offer some suggestions? tia, chance. Chance; Until PB 11, you will have to do a SelectBlob ( ) on any "Text" data types (as far as I know). Regards ... Chris "chance" <chance@crwmail.com> wrote in message news:44590154$...

MS SQL 7.0 Text Field
I have a table with a field of type text. When I try and retrieve data from it, anything past 4096 characters get's dropped off. I've tried both a datawindow and doing an actual select into a string field. Any suggestions? TIA - Jeffrey. You need to use BLOBs for text fields. -Ashish Jeffrey Bradshaw <jbradshaw666@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:381DB08F.D7C00704@earthlink.net... > I have a table with a field of type text. When I try and retrieve data > from it, anything past 4096 characters get's dropped off. I've tried > both a data...

linking a sql field to point to the value of another sql field
is it possible to create hyperlinks in powerbuilder such that if you retrieve two fields from a database.. and want to display the first field on the screen and have it link to the value of the other field (when clicked) which is actually a URL address, you can? any help will be appreciated. thank you! ...

Can't connect to SQL 2005 Express with SQL Server Management Studio Express
I've seen the following error posted when people try to connect to their server via their applications but didn't see anyone having problems when trying to connect with SQL Server Management Studio Express. Am I missing something here? This is the error:<<An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)(Microsoft SQL Server, Erro...

Remote host won't allow Security features with MS Express SQL server, login controls, question. How do I get around this?
Hi, I found out my web host dosn't allow me to connect via http or ftp and use the web dev express security features as they say it would be a security risk. I need to use the log in controls. I didn't see anywhere using the built in web page that allows changes, etc, that I can say use an XML file with the log in controls. Is there a way to do this locally / upload and change some settings and make it work or am I going to have to do this manually like I did in the old days with ASP classic? Thanks TimTim If i understood correctly you have SQL Server Express on your local machi...

How to save a picture in a SQL image field and how to show a picture from a SQL image field
HI! I am searching now a real long time in the forum and I found a lot of stuff to this topic. But please help me it doesn't work! On my webapplication there is a possibility to save a private picture.If a new user is saved in the database I want to save a fixed picture as startpicture.Dim picturePath As String = Request.ServerVariables("APPL_PHYSICAL_PATH") & "img\anonymous.jpg" Please tell me the way how to save this anonymous.jpg from the picturePath into the database and after that how to display the picture. Thank you! .         ...

SQL Server 2000 Field Expression Error
Hello,I have a field on my SRS report that I prompt the user for a numeric value.I need to have the text name of the region appear on the report.How do I group this IIF statement to get it to work IIF (Fields!new_Region.Value=1, "West",    "")IIF (Fields!new_Region.Value=2, "Central", "")IIF (Fields!new_Region.Value=3, "East",     "")IIF (Fields!new_Region.Value=4, "Atlantic", "")  ThanksKKathy M You need to nest the IIf stmts: IIF (Fields!new_Region.Value=1, &quo...

SQL Central won't start
SQL Central/Sybase Central won't start. I can try either short-cut to two different copies of scview.exe (one installed by SQL Anywhere and the other by Adaptive Server) and neither can successfully start. They do not report any dialog box error when started from a shortcut and they do not report any command line error when started from the command line. I've searched my entire machine to make sure that there isn't some other copy of scview.exe and have also used complete paths when trying to start them from the command line. I've tried running the Dependency Walker d...

Update a text field in T-SQL 2000.. how ??
First i use openxml to get my data to update the other server with webservices. my prob is that i cant update text Fields because i got an error ================ OLE DB provider 'OpenXML' reported an error. The provider did not give any information about the error. OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'OpenXML' IRowset::RestartPosition returned 0x80004005: The provider did not give any information about the error.]. ================ what would be my best shot here... thanx ======================================= XEC sp_xml_preparedocument @handle O...

sql client won't start on SLES10
I'm not the oracle/sql admin (I'm the SLES admin) but I'm trying to help our person resolve an issue. She has installed the sql 10 client ONLY on one of our SLES10.2 servers. Prior to that, I installed the oracle packages so that the oracle user and oinstall groups were set up correctly. She logs in as the oracle user and runs SQLPLUS but it just sits there. The process is pegging out the cpu at nearly 100% utilization. Although this version of oracle/sql is "technically" not support on SuSE10 (it's only supported up to SuSE9), there are lots of doc...

Can't get SQL Express Installed
Hi- I had previously had VS2005 Beta installed from my MSDN discs. When it expired, I uninstalled it and downloaded VWD Express to install. VWD installed fine, but the SQL Server Express will not install. The VWD install package doesn't give me any feedback, just says it failed. I tried dowloading and installing SQL Express separately, and it tells me that I have to uninstall all components from other versions. I have done that, but still wont install. If I use the uninstall utility on the website, it tells me it can't find any components, and all of the components listed in the manual unin...

2007 version of firefox won't start! & version 2006 of thunderbird won't start
Name: Robert Calhoon Email: rjcalhoonatcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: 2007 version of firefox won't start! & version 2006 of thunderbird won't start Comments: sip these two go back to earlier version wait till starting gets fixed broke on office machine and home 4 pc's broke too. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

Can't get SQL Server Express to install
I'm using the disk that came with my Visual Web Developer for Dummies book.  It installed on my XP Home machine, but when installing on my XP Pro machine, the fourth step, SQL Server Express, it fails.  I cleaned up my hard drive (about ten gigs of free space), I followed the steps here http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/support/readme/default.aspx to uninstall everything dot net related.  Rebooted, checked my control panel, etc.  Tried to install.  It just fails.  No error message.Can anyone give me an idea of where to start?Thanks Try to install...

vc#.net can't connect to SQL 2000
Hi, When I try to connect to SQL 2000 it test successfully, but prompts this error after clicking ok: Unable to connect to database. It is only possible to connect to SQL Server Desktop Engine databases and Microsoft Access databases with this version of Visual Studio. I have SQL 7 installed also, and it works fine. I'm running XP with Visual C#.net Thanks I had this problem a while back with VB.NET, unfortunately you'll need to shell out more cash or get your company to purchase either Visual Studio.NET professional or architect in order to connect to a SQL db throu...

Web resources about - UserID field in SQL Express won't match to SQL 2000 field - asp.net.getting-started