url friendly rewrite

Hello,

I have 2 pages: page1.aspx and page2.aspx

I want to rewrite like this:

page1.aspx?x=nnn => /nnn

page2.aspx?y=mmm => /mmm

Is it possible to know which long url is started from when a short url is entered?

Kind Regards

Please give us feedback no matter whether you get your answer.
Please "mark as answer" if it's useful for you

Sincerely,
SpongeBert
0
SpongeBert

 You need to be able to distinguish between the pages with a regular expression. That means you need a common pattern that will be reconized and will be used to redirect to the real page. You patterns could be like this:

/year/month/day/permanent-link => page.aspx?y=year&m=month&d=day&permalink=permanent-link

/category/category-name => categories.aspx?category=category-name

/tag/tag-name => tags.aspx?tag=tag-name

Having said that, url rewriting is kind of a pain since you have different ways of doing it in IIS 6 or II 7.

I have writen a post on my blog about my experiences on rewriting: http://www.gbogea.com/2009/05/01/lessons-learned-in-url-rewriting

Maybe this is useful to you.

Gabriel Bogéa (http://www.gbogea.com)
-----------------
Please 'Mark as Answer' the post(s) that helped you
0
gbogea

Web resources about - url friendly rewrite - asp.net.getting-started

190th Fighter Squadron, Blues and Royals friendly fire incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The 190th Fighter Squadron, Blues and Royals friendly fire incident was a friendly fire incident involving two United States Air Force (USAF) ...

Wildfire Shows How (And Why) To Make Your Facebook Campaign Influencer-Friendly
On Facebook, not all fans are created equal . Certain people have a little more influence than others — when they recommend a brand’s page or ...

Enhanced Family and Children-Friendly Inflight Zone on Our New A380 Economy Main Cabin
Malaysia Airlines will soon join the league of A380 operators, when its first A380 takes to the skies on 1 July 2012. Although the national carrier ...

Friendly, Facepad Grab 2 Million Monthly Actives on the iPad as Facebook Holds Off on Official App
Facebook’s deliberate approach to designing and launching its long-anticipated iPad app has created an opening for enterprising developers. Two ...

Mr Friendly (@MisterFriendly) on Twitter

A friendly reminder about password security - Twitter Blogs
... moment to remind you of best practices... Skip to main content Blog Have an account? Sign in Search form Search All Twitter Blogs &nbsp A friendly ...

Friendly Plus for Facebook for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Friendly Plus for Facebook on the App Store. Download Friendly Plus ...

British Airways to make London’s Heathrow Apple Watch-friendly
... rapidly adopting Apple Watch for their boarding passes, and one airline has recognized that enough to prompt it into adopting new wrist-friendly ...

AMD announces powerful and wallet-friendly Radeon R9 380X graphics card
While Intel and Nvidia produce some amazing hardware, I always have a place in my heart for AMD. True, the company often lags behind Intel for ...

Electric cars: Norway's latest climate-friendly trend
The Norwegian government is encouraging drivers to buy electric cars by offering incentives that are hard to turn down