Upload file from web form

Hi,

I am using master and child page combination. I want to upload a file from web form (child page) to the server. How can I do this?

thanks in advance.

feed the creative machine
0
mp417

I got it.
Use ASP .net 2.0 fileupload control.
Use the SaveAs method of the control to save the file on server.
Its really simple.
feed the creative machine
0
mp417

File upload in chunks
So I downloaded the files from codeproject for the "upload files in chunks" application at http://www.codeproject.com/KB/XML/MTOMWebServices.aspx?df=100&forumid=250646&exp=0&select=2292508 I've adapted the c# code into vb.net and tests I run locally show it working ok.  Trouble is, the client side was written for windows application level client, not web, so I'm wondering if anyone has already got a bit of client side web coding to take an uploaded file and split it into chunks that is compatible with this web service at all? Well I use MTOM and WSE 3.0 ...

Uploading files on a web form
HI everyone, Being new to ASP.Net the only thing I know is that web forms don't support drag and drop and that they don't support the system.windows.form openFileDialog method. so, my question is: I need to have a button display a modal pop up window (with a fixed size) where the user can find a file to upload, which by the way I have no clue how to do. Then, I need to display the file's path and name on a textbox to let the user know that the file has been selected and upload the file to a new location. I appreciate any help. Thanks, Hi, To have a file upload control, yo...

Processes file content before upload (from file upload form)
Hello I have a web aplication that needs to process file content (client side) before uploading them to server. May be I have to use file upload form and somehow read files and sign them on submit event I'm not sure how (and can I) do this in Firefox extension? I prefer to use browser functionality for file upload rather than make my own HTTP connection from my extension. I also prefer not to write any user interface. On 4/7/10 7:27 AM, Юлиян wrote: > I have a web aplication that needs to process file content (client > side) before uploading them to server. htt...

WEB FORMS and datasetS (do I have to repeat the file definition in every web form?)
I am working on vb.net.I have a project with 35 web forms and an access file with 18 tables.Until now I have defined the oledbadapters in every form by dragging the tables from the server explorer tool box.This is not a good idea because every time that I make a change on the database design I have to drag the new definition on 35 web forms and I have to create the datasets again. This is boring and time consuming!The question is:WHAT CAN I DO TO HAVE THE FILE DEFINITION ONLY IN ONE PLACE AND THAT EVERY WEB FORM WOULD TAKE THE DATA ADAPTERS AND DATASETS FROM THERE? how about if you write a...

Get URL for a file uploaded to the web-server
Hi I'm wondering if there's an easy way to get the URL for a file uploaded with FileUpload control? I can get the physical path from the webserver by using Server.MapPathThe problem is that this is the local path for the file i get then. Is there a similar way to get the URL instead of the local path from the server? I have a solution, but i don't think it's smart. The way I'm doing it now is by splitting the path into pieces (seperator = \) and write: 'http://servername:port/ + @"/" + strPiece1 + @"/" + strPiece2' and so on. Thanks, Thoma...

Help getting started with a dynamic web form
I'm new to .NET so I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I have a form that needs to be dynamically created based on the contents of a XML file. The XML contains data for each 'row' to be created and what type of fields (textbox, custom select box, etc) should be displayed. The number of each type of field will vary from time to time. Using ASP I would have either used XSL to create a form or DOM to walk through the contents of the XML and display/name the proper fields. Using .NET I'm not sure what the proper method is to accomplish my goal. I can use XML c...

Reading Excel Files from a .Net Web Form
Hi, This might be a dumb question, but ... When reading an Excel file from a .Net Web Form, is it necessary to have Microsoft Excel actually installed on the client machine running the web form? Also, do the Excel files being read need to be saved as "values only" or can the values be extracted from a spreadsheet where the cells contain formulas? Thanks. -Wayne Hi, For the 1st part, Office is not necessary to be installed. But Download the Office XP PIAs and use them to develop Office XP solutions with Visual Studio .NET. For 2nd Part I think you need to use Values.Regar...

Get SourceSafe files and upload to the web server
How can I know where VSS is storing the checked in versions of a web site to upload them to the web server? Thanks.Juliano NunesMCAD | MCP | Microsoft Student Partnerhttp://julianonetfox2.spaces.live.com...

Uploaded file via web form is locked
Name: Eugeny Email: eugenydotkuznetsovatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Uploaded file via web form is locked Comments: Hello. Cant rename, save or delete the file, which is uploaded via webform. It is locked by firefox (i guess since 3rd version). I use unlocker 1.8.5 to unlock but it's not comfortable. Thanks in advance Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; ru; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to ...

Modify Web Form to allow File Upload
Hi. I created a web form using the wizard that allows users to enter their details, this is then displayed in a summary at the end. The user then hits finish and the form content is emailed to me. I would like users to have the ability to upload file(s) to support their form request (i.e. screen dump of support issue) which is then emailed as an attachment. How might I modify my existing form to include the additional functionality? If you require more detail please do not hesitate to ask. Many Thanks, Phil. I think this will help you: http://geeksnotnerds.com/flyswat/file-upload-an...

multiple file upload using my web form
Hi all. I work for a web company, and a website was built for a client, which lets the company that we built it for, upload images to their web server through the web page using a standard fileupload control. For each image they upload, some code in the background (vb .net) takes the details and adds the details to a database on the server, the loads the image to the server. On a regular basis they upload all their images this way, which can be hundreds of images! Is there a way for me to let them upload a folder full of images? This couldn't be an FTP job as code needs to work in the ...

how to read a .txt file from .net (web form)
hi, how to read a .txt file line by line and place the contents in a .xls file. ex: if sample.txt file is... Name: abc Company: xyz info ltd. i want abc and xyz info ltd to be cut and saved in .xls file. i already have a .xls template with name and company fields. send solution.......

Web resources about - Upload file from web form - asp.net.getting-started

Wikipedia:File Upload Wizard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You are not currently logged in. Sorry, in order to use this uploading script and to upload files, you need to be logged in with your named ...

Video On Instagram: 5M Uploads In First 24 Hours
How quickly did Video on Instagram catch on? CNET reported that 5 million videos were uploaded in the first 24 hours after the feature debuted ...

Hans de Borst - Handy-Uploads - Facebook
English version - made by Lennart Peeters. Thank you very much mister Putin, leaders of the separatists or the Ukraine government! For murdering ...

upload-12
Visit the post for more.

Snapdragon 820 to come with new X12 LTE modem - CAT 12 downloads, CAT 13 uploads, and 4X4 MIMO
Qualcomm has announced a few details about the coming Snapdragon 820, specifically about the modem and connectivity feature-set.

Manage folders and upload files, now in Amazon Cloud Drive
... recent update should cheer you up. The updated version, released on Oct. 10, brings great new features that allow you to manage folders, upload ...

Coming Soon: Facebook Will Ask If You’re Really, Really Sure You Want To Upload That Photo From Last ...
... artificial intelligence knows better: the social media behemoth is working on technology that will warn users when they’re about to upload photos ...

Guy Uploads A Ton Of KMart Background Music To The Internet
... worked at K-Mart. Part of his job was playing pre-recorded cassettes sent in from the corporate office. Luckily for us, he saved them and uploaded ...

Politiwoops uploads its 1.1 million-tweet collection to the Internet Archive
Twitter may have revoked Politiwoop's API access but that isn't stopping the political watchdog from preserving its already-sizeable collection ...

Twitch Users Will Now Be Able To Upload Pre-Recorded Videos
Twitch Users Will Now Be Able To Upload Pre-Recorded Videos