upgrade from vb.net 1.1 to vb 2005

I have an application that was written by using Visual Studio 2003. After using Visual Studio 2005, I find it is easier for coding, therefore I would like to upgrade the existing source code in VB 2003 (VB.NET 1.1) to VB 2005.

 Can I just simply open that VB.NET 1.1 source code in Visual Studio 2005 and let the wizard help me upgrade it to version vb 2005? Will there be any problem? Is there any other changes I need to make to allow me continue debug/program the application in Visual Studio 2005?

 This is a live running application and has been run for few years. Recently there are some improvements to be done, therefore I wonder if I just upgrade it to a newer version will it affects the system / data.

0
qqer

 HI

I think there are some problems at the time of convert;

But i can tell that you can do that with the just copy paste of code

means if you have Test class in the 1.1 then create the Test class in 2.0 and do copy paste

So this is a new solution is created not upgrading

Regards

Purvesh Shah

0
purvesh
4/12/2008 5:00:42 AM

The wizard will convert your application and will present a log of any issues.  Issues are classified in two categories: errors and warnings.  Errors must be fixed or you will be unable to compile.  You have the option to exclude a page or file as another option to get your application to compile.  I have taken this option in an effort to get most of the application working and come back to the excluded page later, for repair.

Generally I have found that the upgrade and error log process directs me to better coding practices.

Once you have upgraded your application, on your development machine, you will need to install the .net 2.0 framework on your production server.

Good luck

pgerrish phil's blog
0
gerrishp2

2005 Mirroring with vb.net 1.1?
Hi, I have setup mirroring on our new 2005 server which is up and running now. I have read that their is special syntax used with .NET 2 in the web.config file to switch when the database fails over. how can I achieve the same thing with .NET 1.1 as the syntax does not exist in this?   Thanks in advance. GaryGary...

.NET 1.1, RadioButtonLists, and assigning eventhandlers in VB.NET
I actually have to write this in VB.NET using the old 1.1 framework.  What I am doing is creating my radiobuttonlists in the codebehind while adding them to a panel's control collection at runtime.  I need to assign a method, ie. SelectionChanged(object as sender, e as eventargs), at runtime in the codebehind but am having a hell of a time doing it.  In C# I would just assign rbl.SelectedIndexChanged += new EventHandler(SelectionChanged) and be done with it but it doesn't seem that simple in VB.NET.  I haven't done VB is quite a while so any help would be MUCH...

Porting VB.Net application to .Net Framework 1.1
Hello,   I have a ASP.Net web application,written in VB.Net,developed on .Net Framework 1.0 ,which,I am trying to port on to .Net framework 1.1.   For achieving this,I follow the following steps-   1.Open the project using the .vbproj file. 2.I am prompted with the conversion message "Do you want to convert the solution and all projects to .Net framework  1.1....." 3.I click "Yes" 4.I assume that the project is now converted. 5.I build the project & try to run it. 6.I get the following error -     Server Error in '/Consert.Net' Appli...

Post form with data to a external site (.net 1.1 vb.net)
Hi I have now been googling for hours and I can not find a answer. :-( I am programming a e-shop (.net 1.1) and what I want to achive is: Customer fillout form, clicks on the Pay button then should the following thing happen: 1. Form date is saved to the database ( normal vb.net code ) 2. The data that should be posted to the external form is create from the saved data   ( normal vb.net code ) 2. A post is done to an external site with created data as "post" data and then user is redirected to this site. Thanks   Christian   Use the System.Net.HttpWebRequest...

Post form with data to a external site (.net 1.1 vb.net) #2
Hi There I am programming a e-shop (.net 1.1) and what I want to achive is: Customer fill out form, clicks on the Pay button then should the following thing happen: Problem is that I need to do a "Clean post" like if the user would have pressed the submit buttom on a normal HTML page I don't need the result in the ASP application, the external site will take over from there. The syntax are ASP.net local application : form data is save in a local db ASP.net local application : A POST string is created ( I could create a FORM in real html but then the use has to press twice) The ...

Can somebody help
I Seem to be going nuts ! I know it has to be simple but I am missing the link. I haven't used crystal reports with asp.net before. So pardom me if my problem sounds silly. My requirement is very simple actually. I am using asp.net 1.1 with vb.net in vs.net 2003 with the inbuilt crystal reports control. I have to connect to a sql server 2000 database to extract rows from a stored procedure which accepts a parameter and the report has to be in Mail label format. I referred various books and web sites and according to that , added a crystal reports file to the project and selected the store...

Can a page written in VB.Net 1.1 work with .Net 2.0 dlls?
Hi, Previously the Vb .Net page was working fine with GAC dll written .Net 1.1 . But the GAC dlls have been upgraded to 2.0 version and the page is thorowing error :"BC30002: Type 'CompanyUser' is not defined", where 'CompanyUser'is the class of the GAC dll. Can u help on this so that this page can be run without converting it to .Net 2.0? Thanks, SonaliThanks,Sonali  I think that you can set in IIS your page to run under 2.0. You do not have to upgrade site.__Please mark post as answer if it helps, if not come back and ask again! Hi, The only thin...

moving data from vb.net 1.1 Datagrid to sql server 2005 database
Hi, I was hoping someone could help me with a problem I am having. I can get the datagrid to populate from the database fine, like so:     Public Sub BindTheData()         Dim strConn As String        strConn = System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("ConnectionString")        Dim objConn As SqlConnection        objConn = New SqlConnection(strConn)        Dim myCmd As SqlComman...

Error using FS object after upgrading from 1.1 to 2.0 in VB.net
I'm getting the following error with no idea where to start on fixing this one.Access of shared member, constant member, enum member or nested type through an instance; qualifying expression will not be evaluated.  Also getting it when accessing "HttpContext.Current.Cache.NoSlidingExpiration"Any ideas?  Thanks very muchmike123 I second this question. anyone have any suggestions?  I've been able to fix the FS error but not been able to fix Access of shared member, constant member, enum member or nested type through an instance; qualifying expression will not be evaluated.&n...

Upgrade VB.net 2002 to VB.net 2003
Hi, i want to upgrade VB.net 2002 to VB.net 2003.what is the procedure?Uninstall 2002 and Install 2003 or something else? VB.net 2003 includes Framework 1.1 or i will install it separately?thanx in advance ...

Web resources about - upgrade from vb.net 1.1 to vb 2005 - asp.net.getting-started

H-1 upgrade program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The H-1 upgrade program refers to the United States Marine Corps 's program to develop the AH-1Z Viper and UH-1Y Venom to replace its aging fleets ...

Tumblr Referrals From Facebook Up 2.5X Following Upgrade For Timeline
Since upgrading for timeline and launching with open graph in April, Tumblr has seen its referral traffic from Facebook rise by more than 2.5 ...

Facebook Platform Upgrade Guide
Upgrade instructions for Facebook's platform across versions.

Facebook Allows Users to Upgrade to the New Messages Product, Why You Should
Some users are seeing a prompt when they visit their Facebook Messages inbox allowing them to upgrade to the New Messages product launched in ...

Search Twitter - upgrade
... here Search Refresh julia @ d0gbones 3m I laughed at the call handler when he told me it'd be £400 to stay on my current price plan and upgrade ...

Todo 6 (for devices that cannot upgrade to version 7) on the App Store on iTunes
Get Todo 6 (for devices that cannot upgrade to version 7) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Desktop Audio Upgrade - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I needed some new speakers for my desktop computer system at home. I've been tolerating JBL creature 2.1 system for a couple of years now and ...

EU Project INDECT, Orwell gets an upgrade - YouTube
EU Project INDECT, Orwell gets an upgrade - YouTube