Updating Excel , cell by cell using VB

Hi there.

Firstly , let me start to say that I am new to ASP.NET, ASP.NET for dummies new :)

I have created a page with a few dropdown lists and textboxes. I wish to write the information into a existing xls file. After writing the information to the xls file I wish to attach it to a new email message that should popup on the users pc. so the two problems I have yet to get around is:

1. Writing the data to the excel file. (not much data, about 10 cells with only UPPERCASE text)
2. a way to create the email and attach the xls file to it, keeping in mind that the xls file is on the server.

If there is anyone that can point me in the right direction or perhaps help me out with some code, I would appreciate it.

Thank You in Advance

Regards
0
Testmaster

anyone? ... please
0
Testmaster

Get information from specific cell in a gridview using VB.net
Hello all!  I'm having trouble getting / find (specific) information out of a gridview.  I am using VB.net and an MS Access database. Example: I want Label2 to show 'klantnr exists' IF gridview1 has value 0 Else don't show anything. ( my gues is somthing like: If me.gridview1.rows.findcontrol("klantnr") = 0 Then me.label2.Text = "klantnr exists"  but offcourse this doesnt work ) How can i find data inside gridview? using VB.net   Thanx in advanced Danny Schouren Explain Clearly and send ur source codeand i think y...

error updating excel spreadsheet using vb.net
I have written an application to handle invoices.  At the end of the process, they can print the voucher out as an excel spreadsheet.  It has been working and I have moved the application to production. I can't get the spreadsheet to update.  I get this error.  Operation must use an updateable query excel spreadsheet using vb.net  I think it is some sort of permission issue or something to do with the jet engine but I have tried everything I can think of. This generally means that the ASPNet user does not have the correct ("change") permissions to sav...

Excel update using VB.NET
i have excel file reading USING oledb, i want to update particular cellwith calculated values, I don't have header for this Excel example. Excel 1     A      B1   X1     (22+32+45)2   X2345 Excel 2    A     B    C       D      1   X1    22   32     45      2345678   take A1 value and goto Excel 2 look for X1 in A col...

Using ADODB to Update Excel cells.
Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Dim cnt As New ADODB.Connection() Dim rst As New ADODB.Recordset() cnt.Open("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _ "Data Source=c:\timmy\test.xls" & _ ";Extended Properties='Excel 8.0;HDR=YES'") rst.Open("Select * FROM [Sheet1$]", cnt, ADODB.CursorTypeEnum.adOpenDynamic, ADODB.LockTypeEnum.adLockOptimistic, -1) If Not rst.EOF Then ...

how to get data from excel using vb.net
how to get data from excel using vb.net Hi, This article might help: http://authors.aspalliance.com/aldotnet/examples/excel.aspx Regards, How can obtain the sheet's list of a Excel document? here u can find the solution for your problem, mark if as answer if u problem got solved http://lakshmik.blogspot.com/2005/12/how-to-get-excel-data-into-net-dataset.html  Vyas Pentakotauniq_vyas@yahoo.com ...

Walk through specific cells in DataGrid -- Get cell contents using datagrid.CurrentCell() ?
I have loaded an Excel sheet into a datagrid. Now, I would like to walk through the datagrid, looking for specific values.I see that DataGrid.CurrentCell() is supposed to set and Get, I am not sure how to get it to set the cell that I want focus (actually I want the cell contents from ) on.anybody help with this? Have you tried walking through the DataGrid like this? foreach (DataGridItem dgi in DataGrid1.Items) {             int        cellCount    =    0;     &n...

Could anybody help me about How to Get the Cell value from Gridview Control while I use Mouse Click on one Cell?
Hi Sir,    Here goes my question,I'v drag a Gridview control and binded data to it ,I'm thinking ,Can I get the value from the Cell which I used the mouse  to click on it ? Thanks for your kindly help.Here.I.Am Edit Columns in the Smart Tagthen on the column use want to use click the "Convert to a Templated Field"Now Click OKGo back to smart tag, and Edit Templated field, On the Field you want to change, Item Template, you delete the Label Field and add a HyperLinkWhen you add the hyperlink, a smart tag will appear asking you to "Edit DataBindings", click it.Now ch...

How to update single cell of excel sheet using oledb connection,
 Friends i got some codes from net  by using that i can update a excel sheet ,but there we have to specify some header fields name in command string like as fallows ,Update [Sheet1$] set ProductName="IBG" where ProductId=5but i want to update a single cell of excel sheet only,let say O12 cell i want to change somedata,how it is possible that i don't know.plz help me out... thanks in advance...   This link may help you: http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1176677.php   To update a single cell in an existing table you useHDR=No in the extend...

how to check get font of excel sheet cell using Oledb
 hello friends,i have used oledb to read excel data from excel sheet like,  OleDbConnection connection = new OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" +          path + ";Extended Properties='Excel 8.0;HDR=NO;IMEX=1;'");            connection.Open();            OleDbDataAdapter dataAdapter = new OleDbDataAdapter(          &nbs...

Convert an Excel Chart to Image by using Aspose.Cells for .NET
Purpose This document is designed to provide the developers with a detailed understanding on how an excel chart can be exported as an image. Introduction Charts are visually appealing and make it easy for users to see comparisons, patterns, and trends in data. For instance, rather than having to analyze several columns of worksheet numbers, you can see at a glance whether sales are falling or rising over quarterly periods, or how the actual sales compare to the projected sales. Sometimes, you do need to present the chart in your applications or web pages. You might need to insert it into...

how to update call of grid view by double clicking it ,i want update cell value to database by double clicking it,i want only that cell to be update
I am displaying the grid view with some minibars data now i want to update the status of each minibar(LOCK/UNLOCK) to database by clicking on cell(contains image) of grid How can i do that?SuyogI am just using my free time,but if it helps you then my mark my post as answer Minibars?  Like how many of the little vodkas are left in room 216?  :) Make your image an ImageButton instead and you can write a handler for your OnClick.  You can get the row reference of the cell through reflection.  I love to display the non-secure items...Charlie Asbor...

Editing TValueListEditor cells while other cells are being updated.
I am using RAD Studio 2007. I have an application where I have a custom component derived from a TValueListEditor. In this application, values in the value column are being programmatically updated all the time, at roughly 10 updates per second. At the same time, the user is able to edit values that aren't being modified this way. The problem is, when you are editing a cell and another cell's value is changed, it resets the text selection and highlights the entire contents of the value cell. This makes it impossible to type in the value cell. Here is a project that shows what I ...

Update on another cell when the cell value is changed??
Hi, I am using SqlCommandbuilder for insert/update automatically to the database. How to have a calculation on another cell after the cell is changed? For example, when user changes or enter Food_Count value, I need the Food_Amount columns to be changed in database automatically: Food_Amount = Food_Count * 0.8 How to do it? ---------------------------------------- Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click builder = New SqlCommandBuilder Dim DBstrQ As New SqlCommand("", conDWDb) DBstrQ.CommandText = "SELECT Bus_Date AS Bus_Da...

Web resources about - Updating Excel , cell by cell using VB - asp.net.getting-started

Wikipedia:Updating information - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page documents an English Wikipedia editing guideline . It is a generally accepted standard that editors should attempt to follow, though ...

Facebook Updating Software Development Kit For Apple IOS 6 To Reflect Integration
With Facebook integration officially coming to Apple’s iOS 6 mobile operating system for its iPhone and iPad tablet, what new features are in ...

Updating how Cost per Click is Measured on Facebook
To help advertisers better understand how their ads perform, we're updating the definition of cost per click on Facebook. Learn what the change ...

Updating Your App for iOS 9: What You Need to Know
Updating Your App for iOS 9: What You Need to Know

Facebook for iPhone 3.0 to Include Page Updating
... who want to more easily update their Facebook Pages on the go: Facebook for iPhone 3.0 , which should be released soon, will include Page updating, ...

Updating trends on mobile
Trends are a great way to find out what people are talking about on Twitter at a given moment and at a single glance. Starting today, we’re making ...

Delhi Metro Fare Calculator and Auto-Updating Map on the App Store on iTunes
Get Delhi Metro Fare Calculator and Auto-Updating Map on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

BlackBerry Bold 9000 Updating #2 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore berrytokyo's photos on Flickr. berrytokyo has uploaded 126 photos to Flickr.

Freeview launches auto-updating EPG
Shows running late won't phase new Freeview PVRs, but the new Australian EPG doesn't work with all Freeview gear.

Tips For Updating Your Appearance
Like Joe Hockey, all men can pull off a radical mid-life makover by following some simple guidelines.