Updated Date/Time all Time Zones

Hi,

I am working on a Web ASP.NET APPLICATION, which has different sub domains for all the different Countries, I need to show the Current Date/Time based on DayLight Saving as well but I am unable to find a perfect solution for this, I am not looking for a Paid WebService as the Site might not show the Date/Time if the Vendor stops that WebService,it is one crucial requirement and I am sure there should be a way in asp.net 2.0 to figure this out.......

thanks

A fundamental rule in technology says whatever can be done will be done
0
ankit

See this: http://www.timeanddate.com/time/dst2008.html

But do you have idea to convert subdomain to country?

0
GHI
4/21/2008 3:42:05 AM

Hi anki.sri,

HttpRequest.Url provides the client request Url information.

Zhao Ji Ma
Sincerely,
Microsoft Online Community Support

“Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
0
Zhao
4/21/2008 9:46:05 AM

 thanks for the reply, I am able to Map the Sub domains to Country using a Database table, my problem is fetching a Current Updated Date/time of any country, this is the basic problem I am facing

A fundamental rule in technology says whatever can be done will be done
0
ankit

Assuming you already have the time zone information either from your database or not, then current time can be calculated from your local time. We have examples which will show you how to adjust DateTime, it utilizes TimeSpan structure.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.datetime.add.aspx

Zhao Ji Ma
Sincerely,
Microsoft Online Community Support

“Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
0
Zhao
4/24/2008 4:12:49 AM

I was able to solve this issue by reading the Registry Values for all Time Zones stored in the Windows Registry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones]