Type Initializer for "System.Net.IpAddress" threw an exception

Apologies - I posted this in the GD forum by mistake instead of here...

System: Windows XP Professional

The other day I had a perfect working copy of Web Matrix on which I am developing an MS SQL based package.

Then,  two things happened.

The first is that my Outlook 2000 Premium was reconfigured to collect and send mail via an Exchange Server as well as my normal POP3 based system.  The second is that a Blue Tooth mouse was installed.

Now,  whenever I load a source file into WebMatrix and press the 'F5' key to launch the web server I get this error:

"The Type Initializer for 'System.Net.IpAddress' threw an exception"

and the following trace:

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for "System.Net.IPAddress" threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for "System.Net.Sockets.Socket" threw an exception. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InitializeSockets()
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket..cctor()
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InitializeSockets()
   at System.Net.IPAddress..cctor()
   at System.Net.IPAddress.Parse(String ipString)
   at Microsoft.Matrix.Packages.Web.UserInterface.StartWebAppDialog.IsPortInUse(Int32 port)
   at Microsoft.Matrix.Packages.Web.UserInterface.StartWebAppDialog.StartCassini(String appDir)
   at Microsoft.Matrix.Packages.Web.UserInterface.StartWebAppDialog.OnStartButtonClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

It's obvious from the timing that one of the two events above are the cause of this and in case I had inadvertantly overwritten a DLL I downloaded V 0.6.812 of Web matrix and installed that.  Same problem.

I've uninstalled the mouse,  - still got the same problem.  I tried to reverse the changes that the Network admin here made to my Outlook 2000 (I'm a consultant working away from home) and then that asked for system discs (which it didn't previously....!)

So I have a broke Outlook and a Broke Web Matrix.  The important one is the Web Matrix.  Can anyone shed any light on this and how to fix it ? (Otherwise I'm going to end up spending more than my fair share of time down the pub after work if not....)

Thanks for you help.

Further to the above.  I've managed to completely uninstall the mouse now (previously I didn't manage to get all components) and my webmatrix is backup and working.  I also downloaded Cassini and configured that.  With the mouse present it refused to work,  saying that another web server was present.  remove the mouse and it works happily!

Regards

Rich
0
Rich_

Regarding exception -Message "The type initializer for "eradllc.maindbtest.DataProvider" threw an exception." String
Hi I am facing following exception when developing a module ie,                       Message               "The type initializer for "eradllc.maindbtest.DataProvider" threw an exception."          String       .This is when I want to send two string values(textbox values with a button click)  to database. I am sending my code .my namespace is eradllc.maind...

Module development of DNN i am facing following issue -Exception Message "The type initializer for "eradllc.maindbtest.DataProvider" threw an exception." String
 Message "The type initializer for "eradllc.maindbtest.DataProvider" threw an exception." String   in this   eradllc.maindbtest as my namespace .i found issue by inserting two string values to database.provider name is correct. it is generating from   createprovider().the dataprovider,namespace,assembly name all are correct.   pls help  NavinAbstract...

the type initializer for "System.Web.CompilationLock" threw an exception
I build a web application using VS2008 Pro. When the project is set to use IIS Web Server then all the aspx pages even Master pages get this error (first line of page) when viewing under VS2008 Design: "the type initializer for "System.Web.CompilationLock" threw an exception" <%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/master/Educ.Master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="AdminMain.aspx.cs" Inherits="ESI.forms.admin.AdminMain" Title="Admin Main Page" %> It only happens with IIS Web Server setting. Is ther...

HELP! type initializer for "System.Xml.Res" threw an exception.
Running DNN 3.1.0, everything has been great til this morning.  I added a page in a child portal, added a Text/HTML module, edited (pasted) a small script, clicked update and got the following error:An error has occurred.DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.PageLoadException: Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown. ---> System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown. --- End of inner exception stack trace --NEVER MIND..... Whatever it was cleared up in about ten minutes (after I panicked) and seems to be ok....

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for "Test.Form.DataProvider" threw an exception. --->
 Hi I am getting an exception  whenever I add a new function  or sub procedure  to   Data provider class in  a module development.  I am developing  a form module  its name as  Test.From.   The  exception  report follows   DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: The type initializer for "Test.Form.DataProvider" threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for "Test.Form.DataProvider" threw an exception. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be nul...

The type initializer for "..." threw an exception.
I am creating a custom module. when i get this error when trying to connect to the SQL Database "The type initializer for "Custom.CustomModules.DataProvider" threw an exception. I read somewhere that this should be .SQLDataProvider.  Can any one help me with this. This is usually found when either your sql dataprovider is not on the bin folder or you named it differently than what is expected (given the name you used in your dataprovider.vb code). Thanks I have solved this problem but now I am getting "Cast from string "CustomList" to type 'Integer...

"Net use" not working in application that runs as "system"
Hello, I am trying to create an application object to distribute a program which during the setup procedure creates two local users on the workstation. I tried to set up the application to run as an unsecure system user and start the setup.exe. This method worked fine for quite a number of apps in the past. However this app needs a drive mapping to a windows 2003 server to start the setup.exe. Apparently under windows 2003 it is no longer possible to use the "net use" command when running a script as system user. I get system error 1312 "A specified logon ses...

"Net use" not working in application that runs as "system" #2
Hello, I am trying to create an application object to distribute a program which during the setup procedure creates two local users on the workstation. I tried to set up the application to run as an unsecure system user and start the setup.exe. This method worked fine for quite a number of apps in the past. However this app needs a drive mapping to a windows 2003 server to start the setup.exe. Apparently under windows 2003 it is no longer possible to use the "net use" command when running a script as system user. I get system error 1312 "A specified logon ses...

.NET 2 "FileUpload" control (or html "file"-type input)
I want to change the button on the control to be a specific colour i.e. other than the default grey. However, I can't find an attribute for this. The background attribute changes the input box area colour. Is there a way to change the colour of the button? Thanks http://www.quirksmode.org/dom/inputfile.html   NC...  ...

How can I access < input type="hidden" name="objHidden" id="objHidden" > from a .net server side function
Topic says it all..please help!! Right Click the control in the design view and select run as server control. ...

Unit test causes exception "The type initializer for 'XXX' threw an exception" when running code which accesses appSettings of the webconfig
I have a method which I want to unit test, the code inside that method accesses the appSetting to get the connectionString : System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["ConnectionString"].ToString(); this piece of code works fine , but when  I m doing the unit test to test the method, the above line gives the below exception :MyMethod threw exception:  System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'XXX' threw an exception. --->  System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object..  ...

Programmatically Populating the "mail.settings" section of "system.net" in web.config
I am fully aware that the system.net section of web.config typically looks something like this:  <system.net>    <mailSettings>      <smtp from="noreply@sample.com">        <network host="smtp_server_address" userName="myUsername" password="myPassword" />      </smtp>    </mailSettings>  </system.net>If web.config is so populated then this info is used for sending e-mails generally and al...

Page.Request threw an exception of type "System.NullReferenceException"
I can't figure out what I am doing wrong here. I have a simple page with 2 buttons, a label (Label1) and a hidden field (curCategoryID). The first button executes the following script:--------document.forms["form1"].elements["curCategoryID"].value = 'sdvs'--------The second button just submits the form, on which I have the following code:-------- protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e){    if (Page.IsPostBack) Label1.Text = Request.Form["curCategoryID"].ToString();}--------and for some reason the "Request" is throwing a nullReferenceException. Any idea ...

Web resources about - Type Initializer for "System.Net.IpAddress" threw an exception - asp.net.getting-started