Trying to understand DLL.

Hi all,

I have my application in 2.0 in which i have two projects. Project1 and project2. In the bin folder of my project1 im referencing the project2 by using the project2.dll. i dont understand this paritcular points:

->whenever i compile the project2, a debug folder is automatically created inside the bin folder of the project2. Inside the debug folder a project2.dll is automatically created.

-> whenever i compile the project1, no debug folder is automatically created inside the bin folder of the project1.

->So whenever i compile the project1 is aproject1.dll created? If so where is it actually present.

Thanks a lot.

Nitinkcv

Dear Nitin,

   From your question, i came to understand that your Project 2 may be a class library.

Class library only creates its own bin folder and DLL while compiling.

No web application creates their Bin folder while compiling. For converting into DLLs,

 we need to publish the application by the following steps

1. Create folder on your desktop e.g Upload

2. After the completion of your coding, Publish the site,  Go to

 Build ------ Publish Website

3. It asks the target location to publish your project, give your Upload folder in desktop

4. Click OK

5. After getting the information as Publish Succeeded in output window, go to that folder

Now, you can able to see the bin folder with DLLs

I think this will help you,

Regards,

Ganesh P Yes,

ganesh@sfrcindia.com

Please mark as answer, if it is your answer

Ganesh P,
Software Engineer

Please mark as answer, if it is your answer
0
pganesh_it
5/22/2007 7:36:40 AM

If you build a class liabray or a console application or ,,winform application, there will be a "debug" folder under the "bin" folder,

while if you create a "web application" there will be no "debug" folder there.

My understanding may be wrong: the code you have written within your web application actually will be executed by your asp.net working process (w3wp.exe),  it must to be attached to another thread to execute it other than run it itself independently. Maybe it's the reason why it does not have  a debug folder like windows console application or winform application .

Hope my suggestion helps :)

Bo

trying to get started and i am getting this error
when i go to http://www.porkchopsplayground.com, i get: DotNetNuke Upgrade Error The Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLYVERSION] ) does not match the Database Version ( [DATABASEVERSION] ) ERROR: Could not connect to database. Could not find file 'd:\hosting\nmoran26\Providers\DataProviders\AccessDataProvider\DotNetNuke.mdb'. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, Nicole Do you have a username and password set on your database? Make sure you follow the steps mentionned in the Readme.txt located in the documentation folder. In any case make sure your credentials for yo...

Getting "Problem in Mapping Fragment starting at line ..." error when trying to create table mappings for table associations in ADO.NET Entity Framework
 Table A: COUNTRY_LOOKUP COUNTRY_ID   smallintclustered, unique, primary key located on PRIMARY    COUNTRY_ID TABLE B: COUNTRY_MODE_RULES CARRIER_ID    intMODE_RULE_TYPE_ID    intORIG_COUNTRY_ID    smallintDEST_COUNTRY_ID    smallint clustered, unique, primary key located on PRIMARY    CARRIER_ID, MODE_RULE_TYPE_ID, ORIG_COUNTRY_ID, DEST_COUNTRY_IDThere is a foreign key relationship from COUNTRY_MODE_RULES to COUNTRY_LOOKUPORIG_COUNTRY_IDREFERENCES .COUNTRY_LOOKUP (COUNTRY_ID)DEST_CO...

Getting Started
I've installed the Win32 build of Pugs, but is appears to be incomplete. How do I get the "real thing"? I've also heard that Pugs is in stasis, so is this still a good way to write stuff and learn today? Likewise, how do I get synched up with the Parrot implementation? I understand the most official grammar is being developed there. Is there a grammar-checker tool that will help me to validate proposed Perl 6 code fragments, even if I can't execute it yet? In general, what are the various repositories and version-control systems used? What ought I install and g...

getting start dll
I knew nothing about asp.net before i join the forum here, web controls, user controls, web.config, global.asax etc... now i see dll how does it related to asp.net? I did not see any book which teach asp.net mension it. what is it functionallity? why and when should I use it? how do I create it? and how can I make it use with the website? Basically I know nothing about it, so if someone could explain me about it, I would be so appreciate Currently, you are probably placing your VB.NET/C# code within your .aspx file, as follows:<%@ Page Language="C#" %> <ht...

Getting Start With .net

Trying to get started
this isnt related directly to ASP but mroe to the Visual Studio environment. I am just learning how to use it. I am trying to start a new .net web application project and I am getting this error when before I can even start developing "Automation server cannot create object" Can anyone tell me what Im doing wrong?Matt Andrews When exactly does this occur? After you give your project a name and click OK? What type of project are you trying to create?...

how to get start with .NET

Embedded Resource .NET DLL into Another .NET DLL
Hi ! I want to embed Third party .NET dll into my own .NET dll uisng VS.NET . I know other files ( .BMP,.WAV etc ) can be done by changing the build action to Embedded Resource, But can that be done to another .NET dll in asp.net ? can you please point me towards right direction ? Thanks Suhail kaleem Not sure why you want to do this, but you can pretty much stick anything in as a binary/custom resource. There is a tool called "al.exe". Check out the documentation for more information: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cptool...

Newbie trying to get started
Can anyone point me to some good documentation on this?  I have no idea how to use this and playing around with it has had limited success.I added a new, Crystal Report file, used the Expert to set it up to print address labels.  I used the Main Report Preview to look at what I had, and it's fine to start with.  Then I added a new aspx page, dropped a crystal report viewer on it, and set the CrystalReportSource to the rpt file I had created.  When I run it, I get Load report Failed error.  I have no clue what to do next.Diane ...

Trying to get started with AJAX
Hi, I'm trying to handle DB connections through AJAX. I watched the AJAX implementation video on this site but looks like when I click a button to request data, my page is still making that trip to the server -- or I should say refreshing. I Here's the scenario: I have three GridViews sitting side by side in a user control. First GridView is used to populate the second one and the second one is used to populate the third one. The first GridView has a button control in a template field. When user clicks the button, the second GridView gets populated which requir...

Anthem.Net
Hi,I use ASP.Net 1.1. I want to use Anthem.Net Ajax library. But they don't have the dll file for download. It says I have to download the project and compile it to get the dll. This is the install instructions.1. Download the Anthem.NET zip to your hard-disk. 2. Unzip the file and copy the created directory 'anthem' with all its subcontent to a location where you'd want to work with it. Let's pretend that location is C:\anthem. 3. Create a virtual directory in your Internet Information Services called "Anthem-Examples-2003" and point it to the following subdirectory (under anth...

Web resources about - Trying to understand DLL. - asp.net.getting-started

Resonate Social For Facebook Helps Advertisers Understand Users’ Motivations
Why do Facebook users make the decisions they make? Resonate wants to help advertisers find out, so the digital marketing outfit launched Resonate ...

Facebook PMD Gigya releases Consumer Insights to better understand user identities
... allows marketers to easily query Gigya’s Identity Storage database and tie identity information with key performance indicators to understand ...

Genius by Rap Genius — Search and understand the meaning of song lyrics, poetry, literature, and news ...
Get Genius by Rap Genius — Search and understand the meaning of song lyrics, poetry, literature, and news on the App Store. See screenshots and ...

All sizes - Understand Abundance & Breath - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Kate Micucci & Tony Thaxton - "Puppets Understand" - YouTube
Subscribe for more Nerdist Presents: http://nerdi.st/subscribe Written and Performed by KATE MICUCCI & TONY THAXTON Watch Duo: http://youtu.be/Tj5RLliHNMQ ...

Scientists continue search to understand Mers
The Mers coronavirus continues to confound scientists. To better understand the disease and determine where it comes from, a new project set ...

Explainer Video of the Day: Author John Green Helps You Understand Boko Haram
... in the news, but the situation in Nigeria with the Islamist terrorist group Boko Haram often gets overlooked and can be difficult to understand. ...

The Aussie rules love affair and one who can't understand it
Football (the AFL variety) and I have always had a tumultuous relationship. I've never really understood its allure, but it's always been there, ...

14 Accounting Terms Everyone In Small Business Needs To Understand
Like any profession, accounting has what seems to be impenetrable jargon to outsiders. But, also like most professions, the jargon is just shorthand ...

Tony Abbott doesn't understand the China challenge
The Australian government's new attitude towards China's foreign policy underestimates that country's determination to change the geopolitical ...